NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

7 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

The response: Apparently, the preseason is counted in the total of 3. And the Panthers absolutely refuse to wear black on the road early in the year (including preseason). So between the game against WAS that was just too darn hot to wear black and the NFL totally unfairly forcing them count their "second primary" helmet as an alternate, there's only one game left to wear blue.

See, I was wondering if the preseason did count. I checked Jacksonville because it feels like they wear teals a lot in the preseason and in 2019, they wore teal twice in the preseason then three times in the regular season. So I'm pretty sure the Panthers have been gaslighting themselves into less alternate games than they could have.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't like the Cowboys helmet for the same reason I don't like the Bears helmet in that they are one of the teams that should not have an alternate helmet unless it's for a throwback. Now they will just not look like the Cowboys and that's just about the dumbest thing you can do. The team hasn't had a white helmet since 1963 and now they will suddenly wear a new white helmet for a random game in Nashville. Not in a home game, not against a rival team, against the Tennesse Titans on a Thursday night.  That's stupid.

I'll never understand this take. Please explain to me how a helmet with branding and colors that haven't been used in nearly 60 years is more on brand than their current branding on a different team color helmet. The Cowboys have had their current logo for decades, it is their look. Their current logo on a different color helmet looks much more "Cowboys" than a logo the majority of fans were never around to see used.

I don't get why throwbacks get a pass from the "no alternate helmets" crowd. They are even more off brand than the alternate helmets. The orange Bears helmet says "Bears" far more than that striped contraption they wore a couple years ago. Neither are good but I'll take alternate helmets that at least have their current branding over throwbacks anyways.

No alternate helmets at all > recolored alternate helmets > throwback helmets

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 4

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

2 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

See, I was wondering if the preseason did count. I checked Jacksonville because it feels like they wear teals a lot in the preseason and in 2019, they wore teal twice in the preseason then three times in the regular season. So I'm pretty sure the Panthers have been gaslighting themselves into less alternate games than they could have.

Either Jacksonville has been breaking the rules or the Panthers don't know them. Based on the actions of their current regime, I'd be willing to bet the latter.

• Like 3

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

KaVontae Turpin is taking the undershirt trend to a whole *lower* level. It may not be long before we see mini-skirts in the NFL. I really don't get this trend other than it just "looking cool" (which it doesn't).

The NFL needs to follow their uniform policy and fine these jobronis for not having tucked in jerseys

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 4

Alright y’all, I feel like I’ve built a solid reputation on these boards over the years, decades? Whatever. I have to get something off my chest: 

I can’t believe how much I enjoy the new Washington uniforms, after rejecting them at the unveil. 

Yeah, they’re not the Joe Gibbs era strips we all love. They don’t follow normal uniform conventions. But, with the burgundy pants today, they looked good. The yellow checks in the sleeve do more service than I thought they would for balance, and the white/black diamond theme is either 1) just fun to look at or 2) I’m being hoodwinked by how it goes well with their jersey patch they’re wearing 

for a Washington team, it’s kind of an interesting blend between the old gold/burgundy and that new white/diamond theme, and they can get away with that as a D.C. based franchise. 

idk. I mean I’m someone who loves the Seahawks and Falcons uniforms, so my palate for contemporary garb is higher. But I’ve shocked myself — I hate mono-white looks, but the set they wore today wasn’t bad. It’s just different. 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Alright y’all, I feel like I’ve built a solid reputation on these boards over the years, decades? Whatever. I have to get something off my chest: 

I can’t believe how much I enjoy the new Washington uniforms, after rejecting them at the unveil. 

Yeah, they’re not the Joe Gibbs era strips we all love. They don’t follow normal uniform conventions. But, with the burgundy pants today, they looked good. The yellow checks in the sleeve do more service than I thought they would for balance, and the white/black diamond theme is either 1) just fun to look at or 2) I’m being hoodwinked by how it goes well with their jersey patch they’re wearing 

for a Washington team, it’s kind of an interesting blend between the old gold/burgundy and that new white/diamond theme, and they can get away with that as a D.C. based franchise. 

idk. I mean I’m someone who loves the Seahawks and Falcons uniforms, so my palate for contemporary garb is higher. But I’ve shocked myself — I hate mono-white looks, but the set they wore today wasn’t bad. It’s just different. 

Looking at pics, no still looks like pure crap.

The burgundy pants looks like yogo pants since they have no stripes and the socks are the same color.

It reminds me if the Raiders decided to try to be modern one year.

• Like 3

It was half bad.  The top half.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do the Panthers really care that much about wearing black for a preseason game full of backups? Why not wear black for the Washington game and then wear blue for two home games in the regular season and wear black for the January Tampa game. If it’s only worn once, why waste it for a road game at the end of the season?

13 minutes ago, lgbaseball8 said:

Eagles are wearing white socks with green jerseys and white pants. Looks terrible.

The Browns not having a logo on their helmet looks terrible

• LOL 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Yawn 4
  • Dislike 7
  • Hate 1

6uXNWAo.png

11 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Those uniforms look like garbage and they should revert back to the Red[acted]skins uniforms except with the Commanders logo and name. The Wizards did it with the old Bullets uniform so why can’t the Commanders?

• Like 5

On 8/20/2022 at 3:54 PM, the admiral said:

I would go back to the St. Louis set with red and black on the road: 

St. Louis Football Cardinals on Twitter: "OTD 1983: The Cardinals and  Vikings traveled overseas to play in the Global Cup at Wembley Stadium. It  was the first NFL game ever played in

Even in Phoenix, they should look timeless. The 2005 stuff is so tired by now.

I find it interesting how in era of "faux backs" over the last 10 years, with new teams trying to look like they've been around for 100 years, the Arizon Cardinals have insisted upon looking like a mid-2000s arena team. You would never guess they were an original NFL team. 

When the Cardinals switched to their current look in 2005 they made a bad uniform decision. 

When they added an ugly black alternate jersey they made a bad uniform decision. 

When they added another slightly different black jersey for an ugly color rush they made a bad uniform decision. 

When they decided to keep trotting out their long since outdated uniform for going on seventeen years they made a bad uniform decision. 

When they added a pointless and obvious black alternate helmet at the first possible chance they made a bad uniform decision. 

So if they rebrand their look in the next year or two what are the odds they suddenly make a good uniform decision?

Slim. 

• Like 15