NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Just now, dont care said:

What are you talking about? Yes they use 3 blues, but it’s for 3 different sets and they aren’t interchangeable. The cowboys use 2 blues, 3 silvers, and black all in the same uniform combo

Yeah and it sucks. They’re taking up three lanes on a two way street

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

We’re a year out from the Jets changing uniforms (I hope) and I just want to say how much I miss these.

spacer.png

Makes me wonder where they will go next. I do not want some sort of hybrid between the 2000's uniforms with the 80's jets logo. I also feel like they will keep black in some capacity.

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Makes me wonder where they will go next. I do not want some sort of hybrid between the 2000's uniforms with the 80's jets logo. I also feel like they will keep black in some capacity.

Well, there was the 1978 Preseason...

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually really like it. The GUD art makes it look a bit off due to the slightly different shade of Green, but the actual photo from 1978 makes it look much better.

• Like 10

da0Lbhs.png

14 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Well, there was the 1978 Preseason...

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually really like it. The GUD art makes it look a bit off due to the slightly different shade of Green, but the actual photo from 1978 makes it look much better.

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or what (given opinions about sleeve stripes on modern templates, etc.), but this is the solution I'd advocate for.

• Like 5

Since it appears the Jetjack is in full effect...

...I can't even believe I'm about to post this, but:

284be3a52b01eca083dadb16ab33113a.png

1339887704.jpg

usa_today_18862277.jpg

USATSI_14857057.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

gettyimages-1190730146-594x594-1.jpg

Zach-Wilson-5.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

qddelue3ticbwvq4wbdf

I'm legitimately amazed and thus cannot believe how much these uniforms have grown on me! Granted, much of it has to do with the color green, but for what these are, they're actually really solid. I can even deal the green-on-green look, as well. But only these combinations.

This, however, can get gone:

braxton-berrios-points-first-down.jpg

(Along with the white-on-black they've been doing the past three weeks...that can get gone, too.)

• Like 25
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

46 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Since it appears the Jetjack is in full effect...

...I can't even believe I'm about to post this, but:

284be3a52b01eca083dadb16ab33113a.png

1339887704.jpg

usa_today_18862277.jpg

USATSI_14857057.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

gettyimages-1190730146-594x594-1.jpg

Zach-Wilson-5.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

qddelue3ticbwvq4wbdf

I'm legitimately amazed and thus cannot believe how much these uniforms have grown on me! Granted, much of it has to do with the color green, but for what these are, they're actually really solid. I can even deal the green-on-green look, as well. But only these combinations.

This, however, can get gone:

braxton-berrios-points-first-down.jpg

(Along with the white-on-black they've been doing the past three weeks...that can get gone, too.)

I'm there with you. While I would still advocate for a combination of the 60s and 80s looks (or really their current green helmet with the 80s/90s logo on the 60s-style striped-up uniforms), the current uniform is not bad, per se when none of the elements are black and there's contrast between the elements. (Yes, that's a lot of caveats, but this is my long-winded way of agreeing with you: they aren't terrible uniforms when worn properly.)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

KAGzzRC.jpeg

You can even take this further by deepening the shade of blue and making the silver even more pale. That's how the OG Lions were able to get the necessary contrast.

66jpg-3eb0ebffe1954d5f.jpg

You can see from this photo, just how close the silver on the pants is to the Bears' white (also side note: Sayers with a white facemask). The sleeve treatments and numbers look almost white.

78179515.0.jpg

I actually think think the shiny Oregon style numbers would work better with the flat finish fabrics that are used today, providing even more contrast. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

I agree that this was an underrated rebrand, aside from any black pants look. It looks fine and feels both retro and modern, but now that the team refuses to wear anything green, a rebrand is likely, although I'm now worried black is gonna end up being more dominant.

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One other idea would be to use the silver numbers with white outlining, something Air Force currently does to great effect (and using a similar blue):

jordan-jackson-vs.-utah-state-210918-F-N

Side note, holy :censored: that’s a gorgeous looking college game

• Like 5

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know how to explain it, but these feel like a natural progression of things and everything in between was meaningless

spacer.png

100% agree. The only mistake they made was in not bringing back, or at least modernizing, the old helmet wordmark. And as someone else said, they could ditch the black versions. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, GFB said:

The thing I‘ll never understand about the current Jets look is that they built the entire new uniform around the “>” shape, but left out the 80s logo that would ties the entire concept together.

YEP.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is keeping a form of the wordmark from the old/60s set.

• Like 2