2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

It's just plain ugly. I don't care if they have "golden" in their name, they will always look better using that shade of gold as a secondary color. I know garish and tacky can be synonymous with the general Las Vegas brand, but it doesn't have to be. 

And this brings up another point concerning color theory: certain colors work more effectively in limited doses. Yeah, they're the Golden Knights (only because the US Army wouldn't allow Bill Foley to use Black Knights; otherwise we're not having this discussion), but the original design of those sweaters served to highlight the gold in a way that helped it stand out against the darker gray and black. (For what its worth their gray sweaters are one of my favorites in the league.) Now that's been shoved to the side for MOAR GOLD and it just doesn't look right for a full-time look.  That said, I also agree that the white parts of the "gold" jersey should probably be black, as well.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

On another note, the Coyotes centre ice design has been revealed, and like it had been reported it features both their logo & the Sun Devils pitchfork.

spacer.png

Yo...what is up with that???

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 minutes ago, tBBP said:

And this brings up another point concerning color theory: certain colors work more effectively in limited doses. Yeah, they're the Golden Knights (only because the US Army wouldn't allow Bill Foley to use Black Knights; otherwise we're not having this discussion), but the original design of those sweaters served to highlight the gold in a way that helped it stand out against the darker gray and black. (For what its worth their gray sweaters are one of my favorites in the league.) Now that's been shoved to the side for MOAR GOLD and it just doesn't look right for a full-time look.  That said, I also agree that the white parts of the "gold" jersey should probably be black, as well.

Yo...what is up with that???

Mullett Arena?

The Best Mullet Haircut Looks For Men In 2022 | FashionBeans

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

On another note, the Coyotes centre ice design has been revealed, and like it had been reported it features both their logo & the Sun Devils pitchfork.

spacer.png

It's nice that the number 1 hockey franchise in Arizona is sharing their building with the Coyotes.

The Mullett Arena font, the seats, the guardrails, and everything are all in Sun Devils maroon and yellow colors. From the several Google pictures on the new facility, that's gonna be the building's look.

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Here's one for my fellow Senators fans if they missed it, but the team shop has a new logo that incorporates the logo into the O... or, wait, was it the logo that incorporated the O first?  Anyway, it's kinda neat and a step up from their previous logo, which was no logo at all.

logo.png?v=81137628114589705271659707804

It's strange that the official team shop has such a makeshift looking website.  For a while I didn't realize it was actually run by the team, since they don't even use Senators/Sens anywhere in the name. 

It's not a bad wordmark. It reminds me of the script the Ottawa Lynx used to use on their road jerseys.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I don’t think the Army wanted them to use Golden Knights either, as that is the name of the Army’s premier parachute demonstration team (Army’s equivalent of the USAF Thunderbirds or USN Blue Angels). And Black Knights of course is the nickname of West Point’s sports teams.

On the gold question, I don’t mind teams wearing athletic gold jerseys or helmets full time. I’m a Golden Gopher fan, and while I prefer the hockey team in gold jerseys, I also appreciate, to your point, that by using maroon jerseys, the gold jerseys seem more special. I like the Bruins in gold as well, and wouldn’t even mind if they switched to gold full-time if they based it on their 2010 Winter Classic jerseys (not that they ever would). But Boston and Minnesota’s athletic gold (and Michigan’s maize) look good as hockey jerseys.

In VGK’s case, I just don’t like their particular gold for hockey jerseys. It’s not a good shade for a jersey, let alone a full-time jersey.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

7 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Lol

Why not quote everything that I wrote, which was if the jersey was cheaper and I could take the patch off.  At regular prices, nobody is buying a jersey with an ad.  If it were $50 or more off and I knew I could take the patch off, SOLD.  I'm not going to lie.  And, I bet there's a lot more people who would do the same, including some people on this board.  They might not admit it.  

1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Anyone knows why the Oilers and Sharks wore their unis from last year after revealing new uniforms for the upcoming season ? Did they want the big guys to be the first ones to wear them in an actual game ?

Teams often use the prospect tourneys and camps as an opportunity to get rid of old equipment stock.

20 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Relocation incoming?

To a lakeside property by Tempe Town Lake, sure. But it's been known since the beginning that rooming with ASU in Mullett was always a temporary measure to get the team out of Glendale and not a permanent solution, and there's no indications that negotiations between the team and Tempe have fallen apart for the actual arena.

Tempe wants a pro sports team in their city, they want a tenant to develop the compost yard into something that doesn't constantly set itself on fire, and the Coyotes not only provide both but also have ASU's backing, who basically run the city. There's no incentive for them to shut down the deal as it stands right now. Quite frankly, the best time for that to happen would've been the council vote.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

It's just plain ugly. I don't care if they have "golden" in their name, they will always look better using that shade of gold as a secondary color. I know garish and tacky can be synonymous with the general Las Vegas brand, but it doesn't have to be. 

The metallic gold jersey works as a 3rd to complement the Golden Knights' name but the steel grey works best with the gold used as a secondary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

On the gold question, I don’t mind teams wearing athletic gold jerseys or helmets full time. I’m a Golden Gopher fan, and while I prefer the hockey team in gold jerseys, I also appreciate, to your point, that by using maroon jerseys, the gold jerseys seem more special. I like the Bruins in gold as well, and wouldn’t even mind if they switched to gold full-time if they based it on their 2010 Winter Classic jerseys (not that they ever would). But Boston and Minnesota’s athletic gold (and Michigan’s maize) look good as hockey jerseys.

In VGK’s case, I just don’t like their particular gold for hockey jerseys. It’s not a good shade for a jersey, let alone a full-time jersey.

I get what you're saying here, but I think comparing the Gophers to the Knights is an apples-to-oranges thing or, rather, a yellow-to-gold thing. 

Maybe this is subjective, but I've never really thought of the Gophers' color as gold. It's a darker shade of yellow, which is much more palatable as a primary color than what Vegas is using, which compares more favorably to the curtains my mother chose for our house in the '70s. In fact, it might be the same fabric. 

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Tempe wants a pro sports team in their city, they want a tenant to develop the compost yard into something that doesn't constantly set itself on fire, and the Coyotes not only provide both but also have ASU's backing, who basically run the city. 

Idk man, seems like the Coyotes do their fair share of that already. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png