2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

9 hours ago, nash61 said:

There is no way that the purple is the same for all these jerseys.

There are three different manufacturers of those  jerseys, and purple was one of the hardest colours to match across fabrics, so it would be surprising if the purple was the same for all three (though at the time of the Reebok/Adidas changeover, Reebok was left to die on the vine by its owner Adidas).

According to TruColor, the purple on the adidas uniform is Pantone 268 C and the purple on the other uniforms is Pantone 2755 C.

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

I always loved that set, too. They could have done without the hem scripts, but that was a solid set that actually had unique, tangible character. 

I couldn't agree with this more. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Yesterday the Ducks Adidas jersey was £160-ish on the International NHL shop. I decided to sleep on it... and now it's £240.

Unless there's a sale in the next couple of weeks, I might be settling for the Fanatics version.

Monitor it for a bit, Fanatics (who runs that shop) is known to rotate their discount codes and you may find it for a good price if you wait.  Especially with Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals possible in the next few weeks around American Thanksgiving.

Also check other Fanatics family sites like Fanatics.com or Fansedge.com.  Sometimes you can get the same product for better prices depending on what promo code each sit is running at the time.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 9:50 AM, maz said:

The idea that the Rangers somehow own the idea of putting your name diagonally on a jersey always has and will be ridiculous to me. (And I say that not as a Pens fan, but as a fan of the look. I loved when Colorado did it, for example).

Having that been said, IIRC, original Pens jersey in 1967 featured this because their first coach was a long time Rangers player and coach, and he liked the look of it, so he asked if the Pens could do it. So there is a modicum of truth to the idea coming from the Rangers.

Agreed on the fact that a diagonal script isnt "owned" by the Rangers, but i think it's the same way as when the Wild unveiled their green jersey in 2017. First thing people said is that it was a Habs ripoff, even if a large stripe in the middle of the jersey isn't owned by the Habs.

• LOL 2

12 hours ago, nash61 said:

There is no way that the purple is the same for all these jerseys.

Waiting for someone in the know to pop in here and tell me they're all the same color, but  the new RR looks like a more rich purple, while the others look more like the "Forum Blue" purple. I like the new color a lot better. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 11/16/2022 at 2:19 AM, M4One said:

Outside of the logo, the Islanders retros look nothing like the original and more like a really bad knock off.  It's a half ass job as far as I'm concerned.  Should have gone with something different if they couldn't even come close. 

Is the point to just be a straight throwback, or throwback inspired? None of the RRs are just straight throwbacks. There's some sort of twist. No one should have been expecting a replica of the Fishermen jerseys with no changes. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Is the point to just be a straight throwback, or throwback inspired? None of the RRs are just straight throwbacks. There's some sort of twist. No one should have been expecting a replica of the Fishermen jerseys with no changes. 

That's actually been a gear-grinder of mine in terms of how these are being presented and covered by the teams. A guy who works for the Blue Jackets tweeted a picture of the RR display in the team store and said "throwing it back to 2003". No, we're not. I would LOVE it if they were actually throwing it back to 2003. The jerseys in 2003 looked good.

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

52 minutes ago, IceCap said:

No one should have been expecting a replica of the Fishermen jerseys with no changes. 

No, but I think some of us would have preferred the striping pattern be the same with the twist being a different color scheme rather than what we got.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Echo said:

No, but I think some of us would have preferred the striping pattern be the same with the twist being a different color scheme rather than what we got.

I get that. They could have made the base aqua or orange or even black if they wanted to mix it with its own era or others but... the way I see it? The RR look is supposed to be the Fisherman mixed with the classic identity. Or in otherwords "what if the Fisherman was more traditionally styled?"

Maybe that's not what people want out of that identity, but I get the intention. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Since the Wild have twice used North Star jersey template is there any chance we'll see the Wild use any of these in the future?

oidnhm4hi49p4qbv0x5zf3wsu.gifxt6ggjbrtdmee9ifsrv352pwv.gifVMH_Jerseys_NorthStars1990-1991PrototypeVMH_Jerseys_NorthStars1990-1991Prototype

The problem is that this is the era where the North Stars transitioned into the identity they'd carry into Dallas. Which gets dicey for the Wild. The North Stars aren't some dead team, they still exist. The Dallas Stars are the North Stars. And while everyone seems ok with the Wild referencing classic North Stars looks, it could get messy if they started infringing on the Stars' identity too much. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, IceCap said:

I expect the striping pattern to be the same, or at the very least, as close as possible to the original.  The waist stripes look absolutely nothing like the original.  I don't think the sleeve stripes are even similar and the yoke doesn't look right either.  What colours they use or how they are used is not the problem.  These two jerseys do not look alike.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6