2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

7 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Corporate needs you to find the difference between this jersey (regular home) and this jersey (Reverse Retro).

I love my Senators, but my goodness guys, would it have killed you to design something that would have maybe stood out a bit more?

spacer.png

I didn’t quite understand the hate for the Sens RR at first, but now I totally see it. That center toga stripe hides so much. They really dropped the ball on this one…

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

As far as Kraken-talk goes, wasn't it said somewhere that the upcoming third jersey was going to be Metropolitans inspired? I believe that's why they didn't opt for a Metropolitans themed reverse retro.

I can't remember where I heard this rumor though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

On 12/18/2022 at 11:32 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Love the Kings/Sharks matchup last night.  Game was great too!

spacer.png

Okay--I might be coming around on the idea of the Kings going to a purple/yellow colorway...especially if in those shades. That said, it's only because I like the color...I still think the 2001 Luc Robitaille joints are the superior look (minus the pelvic scripts, of course), but this ain't a bad backup.

10 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Corporate needs you to find the difference between this jersey (regular home) and this jersey (Reverse Retro).

I love my Senators, but my goodness guys, would it have killed you to design something that would have maybe stood out a bit more?

spacer.png

I never noticed until now how nice the new Sens joints turned out. Something about those two simple red stripes on all that black really works...it'd work better if they used the updated 2-D centurion the braintrust seems to enjoy forgetting even exists.

(Given my choice, I'd still prefer the black-laurel-on-gold striping, though...with updated 2-D centurion, of course.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

As far as Kraken-talk goes, wasn't it said somewhere that the upcoming third jersey was going to be Metropolitans inspired? I believe that's why they didn't opt for a Metropolitans themed reverse retro.

I can't remember where I heard this rumor though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they're saving the Metros-inspired look for the inevitable Winter Classic they host in the next couple years.

2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I was browsing the NHL Uniform Database as you wont to do and noticed it appears the Lightning retired that black alternate.

I don't pay attention to the Lightning that much, so is that the case?

It's quite possible as it hasn't been worn yet this season.

• Like 1

What’s crazy for me is that if this was the nfl, I’d think the red helmet-white jersey-red numbers-red pants-white striped socks would look so good and color balanced (ala chiefs), but in hockey, I think the canes with basically the same set up looks so awkward. Maybe I’ve just seen white helmet and jersey too much so it becomes awkward for me.

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

19 minutes ago, hormone said:

What’s crazy for me is that if this was the nfl, I’d think the red helmet-white jersey-red numbers-red pants-white striped socks would look so good and color balanced (ala chiefs), but in hockey, I think the canes with basically the same set up looks so awkward. Maybe I’ve just seen white helmet and jersey too much so it becomes awkward for me.

To me, wearing the dark helmet with the light jersey always looks cheap.  Like a junior team that can only afford one set of helmets to wear with both their light and dark jerseys.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

The Hurricanes try so hard to be progressive and anti-establishment.

In 2022, moving to suburbs in North Carolina is the most establishment thing you can do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

18 minutes ago, henburg said:

Say what you will about the Canes and their incessant fiddling with their identity, but dark helmets on the road are awesome. I would love to see the league allow teams to do that full time. 

Is there a reason that the league currently doesn't? I didn't even know that was a thing...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

The Hurricanes try so hard to be progressive and anti-establishment. It’s obnoxious. Just wear the damn white helmets

just wear the original uniforms from when you entered the :censored:ing league!

they got it right the first time, just like the avalanche!

• Like 4