2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

53 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

I guess the two-color scheme isn't terrible but IMO inferior to the green/orange.  Interesting that after the revival of the popular Kachina logo theyd go with text - anything to make a buck, I suppose.  IMO worst downgrade is the hem pattern- the original is just worlds better than this.

This feels like something they came up with before the full time switch to the Kachina. Desperately needs dashes of green/purple/orange. The wordmark doesn’t do anything for me, and will look worse for everyone else without the captain’s C. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

I guess the two-color scheme isn't terrible but IMO inferior to the green/orange.  Interesting that after the revival of the popular Kachina logo theyd go with text - anything to make a buck, I suppose.  IMO worst downgrade is the hem pattern- the original is just worlds better than this.

The design is an interesting mixture between the Kachina style stripe pattern and the brick & white Glendale era jerseys. The crescent moon C patch is a nice touch, and I don't mind the wordmark (I feel like I enjoy wordmark hockey jerseys more than the average fan).

What really makes me nervous is the side panel stripe.

2 hours ago, _RH_ said:

What a popcorn fart. And cheap looking. About par for this team though. 

This shows another problem with the Coyotes' identity though. What's their main colour? The Rangers are a blue team. The Kings are a black team. The Coyotes are....????

• Like 4

Wordmark crest just don't work on most hockey jerseys IMO. The star in Arizona feels like it would fit the Wild more than the Coyotes. I also feel like the hem design is fitting, but the designer forgot to fill it in with the paint bucket 🤣

Swap out the word mark for just a large crescent moon crest and I might be on board with this color scheme. 

• Like 4

C'mon Canucks. It wasn't that hard. Either one of these jerseys would have worked.

http://nhluniforms.com/Canucks/Canucks14.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

14 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Wordmark doesn't fit (should be howling coyote)

That logo is 100% retired, and I doubt they bring it back unless it's a completely different version that's more Kachina-like. I don't think the wordmark they're doing is stellar, either, but at the end of the day the Howling logo is mostly associated with the lowest points in the franchise, aside from one season that was still marred by instability. The organization will probably want to distance themselves from that era as much as possible.

Besides, at least they're going all in on doing something unique instead of just :censored:ing with a perfectly good throwback jersey like the Canucks seem to be doing.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

That logo is 100% retired, and I doubt they bring it back unless it's a completely different version that's more Kachina-like.

Unfortunately Howling Coyote was designed to works with that color. They could recolor Picasso Coyote as well. Anyway both of them would be better than Minnesota alike wordmark.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

but at the end of the day the Howling logo is mostly associated with the lowest points in the franchise, aside from one season that was still marred by instability. The organization will probably want to distance themselves from that era as much as possible.

Like that era isn't still going on. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Again I'd prefer the full color palette (sans black) but just think they could do better with the striping pattern.  I'm guessing from TV distance it'll barely look like anything (just solid burgundy).  Here's a look at the original and new (top row) and a couple quick doodles (bottom two rows).  Right column "fills" neither area, middle column "fills" middle, and left column "fills" outside. 

nOwGX5i.png

I was kinda expecting the Coyotes alt to be a little more out there with the cactus being on the pants, something along the lines of the first alternates like the Kings' sash jersey or the Ducks Wild Wing jersey.  Instead, they just decided to go the lazy route, using just the outline of their current set and a dumb wordmark.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Unless we’re talking about a minor change, this would feel completely unnecessary.

They could prove me wrong but I’ve yet to see an idea that improves upon their classic design.

Going back to the 90's design would be about the best option if they have to move away from their current set. But if it's "not the same design" as the 1.0, that might rule that option out.

Also, you know...maybe not the best idea to launch a rebrand when the team sucks.

• Like 3