2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

CHI: The 96-09 black alt in white

You mean the white jerseys they already wear?

• LOL 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

DAL: Straight 1991 Minnesota North Stars throwbacks

I don't see that happening, honestly. Dallas' previous RR was entirely Dallas-themed, and this one would 100% be in that vein; seems like they're content to let the Wild have the North Stars imagery for Reverse Retros.

Honestly, I expect them to do the Mooterus this time, since their last design likely didn't sell super well because of how bland it was.

None of the RRs in the first edition were straight throwbacks so I’d assume that will be the same next year.

Straight throwbacks are Classics. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

35 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

You mean the white jerseys they already wear?

No, I mean the 96-09 black alt in white.

32 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I don't see that happening, honestly. Dallas' previous RR was entirely Dallas-themed, and this one would 100% be in that vein; seems like they're content to let the Wild have the North Stars imagery for Reverse Retros.

I also said I want to see the Wild in North Stars jerseys too, so there's no problem there.

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

None of the RRs in the first edition were straight throwbacks so I’d assume that will be the same next year.

Straight throwbacks are Classics. 

Yes, because that's the problem you noticed with my list.

IbjBaeE.png

37 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Yes, because that's the problem you noticed with my list.

I mean...it's weird you put Classics in a RR list....so yeah...that is a bit of a problem with your guesses.  

And you think the Blackhawks are just going to switch the stripe colors of the home jersey? Maybe, but probably not. 

20 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don't see what you're saying here. They're already color swaps of each other. They used the exact same design.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blackhawks/Blackhawks28.html

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

38 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Fingers crossed Lou is Lou and we don't have a one-off gold alternate jersey like some other teams

Honestly, fingers crossed we get a Fisherman of some kind for it. I know there's people who hate that jersey, but like...it's basically the only even somewhat not-awful historical alternative design the Islanders have, so I'd have to imagine they'll do it for this kind of milestone.

4 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I don't see what you're saying here. They're already color swaps of each other. They used the exact same design.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blackhawks/Blackhawks28.html

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Maybe he just wants the stripes to be r/w/b/w/r instead of b/w/r/w/b but that would be way too small of a change for most people.

No, I was just being difficult and a little troll attempt that didn't really get the play I hoped for. If you look at my list, they're all me trying to pick the worst/dumbest (or at least the worst/dumbest that I thought was funny in my mind) possible choices.

I'm just kind of surprised that people only jumped on me wanting the Blackhawks to wear their away jerseys and how Dallas has let the Wild take the North Stars stuff (and not the fact that I had the Wild wearing the jerseys Dallas actually wore for a couple seasons).

Look at my list again with that in mind. The Flames in a black pedestal with the script logo and the flags. The Canadiens in the closest I could make them to Leafs jerseys. The Ducks in the EDGE set. The Rangers and Jets wearing the same jerseys. The Oilers wearing royal and orange and navy and copper. The Red Wings not wearing any red.

• Yawn 1

IbjBaeE.png

14 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

If you look at my list, they're all me trying to pick the worst/dumbest (or at least the worst/dumbest that I thought was funny in my mind) possible choices.

See, I didn't notice that because you actually listed some good options.

25 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

No, I was just being difficult and a little troll attempt that didn't really get the play I hoped for. If you look at my list, they're all me trying to pick the worst/dumbest (or at least the worst/dumbest that I thought was funny in my mind) possible choices.

Reverse Retro is so stupid that no one can tell the difference.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Reverse Retro is so awesome that no one can tell the difference.

I think you misspelled a word. There, I fixed it for you. No need to thank me :^)

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Blackhawks could do something like this:

CB.jpg

Hard to make a "new" Blackhawk jersey that doesn't feel like it's been done to death before but those are pretty decent. Not as boring as the last 12 WC/RR jerseys they've worn, mostly cause they're red. They've pretty much scraped the bottom of the barrel for white and black based jerseys but red would be a nice change of pace imo

• Like 1

A primitive drawing of an Indian with a literal bright red face is going to go over like a fart in church. They can't do any of these. A 1930s barberpole with the current Indian Head is the only mashup I can think of that would work. 

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

35 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

A black version of the current red home jersey seems like one of the only options Chicago has left.

It does look pretty cool, found using a google search:

winter classic jersey chicago blackhawks,welcome to buy,trscollegerewa.org

Other viable options:

Vintage white version of the 2010 WC jersey (but with red and black center stripes)

White version of the 1992 75th throwback

White (or red) version of the current black alternate (but with red and black stripes)

• Like 2