2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

11 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

First of all, the Oilers still use the same logo & jersey template. They just darkened the blue & made orange the home colour. Can't really compare that with the Kings.

Secondly, I think it's just a matter of time until the oilers go back to the royal blue.

They are still the same except for the ways they are different

• LOL 1

That same Post2post guy who hinted the Islanders were going with the Fisherman, also suggested the Oilers were going with the McFarlane jersey for their RR, the Bruins are going with a bear (so Meth Bear?), and most interesting of all, the Canadiens will have an Expos theme jersey.

If Montreal really is going with an Expos theme, regardless if whether it looks good or not, then maybe not every team should have a RR jersey.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, M4One said:

That same Post2post guy who hinted the Islanders were going with the Fisherman, also suggested the Oilers were going with the McFarlane jersey for their RR, the Bruins are going with a bear (so Meth Bear?), and most interesting of all, the Canadiens will have an Expos theme jersey.

If Montreal really is going with an Expos theme, regardless if whether it looks good or not, then maybe not every team should have a RR jersey.

Maybe a white version of Pooh Bear. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

I disagree, personally; there's not exactly much for the Habs to reverse otherwise, considering the vast majority of their history has been the same jersey and they did a blue inversion of their red jersey last time; so bending the rules a little and doing a throwback to another much-loved team in the city, even if in a different sport, makes a lot of sense.

That's the problem with a team that is so extremely consistent in it's branding (or one so new it had nothing to reverse, like we saw with Vegas); a jersey program which offers itself well to playing with old designs is somewhat limited in what exactly you can do. So being creative and showing some love to your city's sports history is a perfect way to get around that limitation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Maybe a white version of Pooh Bear. 

I saw a video on youtube, not sure who, where the guy had some info from some teams, and had Orion Taylor make concepts for each team based on those or just what he wanted.  Good video, but the Bruins one was with a little info stating they're trying to decide between the Pooh Bear or a white version of their old alternate with the current bear logo.

EDIT: Oh so it was the Post2Post guy.  my bad.

9 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The shoulder yoke into collar looks ridiculous on the Gretzky uniform compared to the McDavid sweater.

The 2010s have entered the chat:

la-sp-connor-mcdavid-oilers-wre003212138

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

7 minutes ago, nash61 said:

The 2010s have entered the chat:

la-sp-connor-mcdavid-oilers-wre003212138

I love how this fixes the issues with the collar and yoke from the originals.

I know it's the lighting and the colors were more saturated in person, but I really like how the colors look in this photo. The shade of blue isn't quite royal or navy. It's a nice in between; same with the orange. Kinda wish it was their actual color scheme.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gsn93 said:

I love how this fixes the issues with the collar and yoke from the originals.

I know it's the lighting and the colors were more saturated in person, but I really like how the colors look in this photo. The shade of blue isn't quite royal or navy. It's a nice in between; same with the orange. Kinda wish it was their actual color scheme.

I agree with you about the Oiler's color scheme having and more 'western flair' (darker royal blue and a sort of "burnt" orange would work well for them).

• Like 2

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

On 2/9/2022 at 12:14 AM, Ridleylash said:

I disagree, personally; there's not exactly much for the Habs to reverse otherwise, considering the vast majority of their history has been the same jersey

They could reverse this white sweater:

trYoGKG.png

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 2/7/2022 at 2:34 PM, LMU said:

The Kings just need to do a white version of the current RR look then make both of them the primary look going forward.

I doubt that the Kings return to the Gretzky-era Chevrolet logo, when they won 2 Cups under the current logo.

I do think that the home plate could use an slight update. But the 90s logo, as it is, is too outdated. All those tiny little Lakers style motion lines in the "Kings" script goes against the more simplified logos introduced over the last 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Was at the Flames team-store today and got a strong hint that their Reverse Retro will feature the pedestal-striping and Blasty on the front.

Someone said that to you, or you just came to that conclusion? 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

31 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Someone said it to me.  I'm not sure how someone could come to that conclusion by just walking into a store and not talking to anyone <_<.

I dunno, maybe they had posters or other decorations or merchandise that would give someone a "strong hint" of these looks. 

Most people just say "Hey someone told me about what's coming"

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I dunno, maybe they had posters or other decorations or merchandise that would give someone a "strong hint" of these looks. 

Most people just say "Hey someone told me about what's coming"

Sorry.  After all the hate I've gotten on here for daring to criticize the Flame's retro's, I incorrectly assumed you were being combative.

Anyways, I asked the person working there if they had any of last years Reverse Retro's left and they said "no, but the next one will feature that same logo on the front."  When I told this person that I thought they were going with the pedestal, they said  "That wasn't incorrect."  Guess we'll have to wait and see...

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

18 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Sorry.  After all the hate I've gotten on here for daring to criticize the Flame's retro's, I incorrectly assumed you were being combative.

Anyways, I asked the person working there if they had any of last years Reverse Retro's left and they said "no, but the next one will feature that same logo on the front."  When I told this person that I thought they were going with the pedestal, they said  "That wasn't incorrect."  Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Either red or white Blasty.  Hoping it is red Blasty