2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

"We knew we wanted to bring purple back"

liar-gif-9-1.gif

BTW I really like the idea of 65 degree floor and I think it's the only thing I like from this rebrand.

P.S: It look like their retro gonna be Classic and City at the same time similar to Grizzlies in 19/20 (same season where Jazz used mountain uniform).

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

Gonna bring it back to the "what is the Jazz rebranded" discussion and suggest the Utah Hive. It implies the bees while explicitly referencing the state's nickname. Plus, like Jazz, you'd still be in the "not plural" club.

After all these years it'd be silly to give in on the stupidity that is calling a team in Utah the Jazz though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DJT said:

In a interview Ryan Smith (the Jazz owner) talked about being envious of the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls how they are all identified by their color scheme. 

Assuming this means the Jazz try to get into that territory in 5 years, what would their color scheme be?

purple, white, light blue?

purple, gold, green?

something else? 

personally I would like a purple, white, black, copper, with maybe a little light blue too. 

If they really wanna be distinctive, I’d say purple and light blue with copper as a tertiary/trim color. They would easily own that across the Big 4 sports leagues and most others, for that matter. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

If they really wanna be distinctive, I’d say purple and light blue with copper as a tertiary/trim color. They would easily own that across the Big 4 sports leagues and most others, for that matter. 

I don't give a :censored: about copper, but purple and light blue is a great idea:

• Mountainy colors, which is great for Utah
  • Both have been used by the team previously
  • Keeps the purple tying to the franchise's beginnings without relying on mardi gras colors which NOLA owns
  • Unique combo 

The concepts that turn the red rocks aesthetic into a purple mountain set kick ass, it's still wild that billionaire dollar companies flail like this so often.

I love that the NBA has/had so many purple teams and other than maybe Milwaukee (red should be their secondary color IMO) I love them all.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Those three teams have one thing in common: multiple rings.

The Lakers have had other color schemes but only when they started making multiple finals appearances and winning titles did the purple and gold cement itself as THE Lakers brand. Without Magic and Kareem, would the Lakers have attempted a rebrand in the 90's like the Jazz? 

If Utah beats the Bulls in one of those finals, do they ever move away from purple and blue (and brown and turquoise et al.)?

Literally every other team is identified by their color scheme regardless of championship success. If the jazz ever decided to stick with a color scheme longer than 5 years before changing they too would be identified by their color scheme. But now they are making the waters more murky by not being able to decide if they want to be a purple team or a yellow team, this all after being a blue team last year.

• Like 1

Not sure how true this is, but supposedly the Jazz wanted to roll with a black and white color scheme, but Nike said no due to the Nets and Spurs identities. Nike then forced the Jazz to add a third color. Which is why there is yellow. They then added the throwback jersey and will petition Nike for a new uniform set by the 2023-24 season.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not sure how true this is, but supposedly the Jazz wanted to roll with a black and white color scheme, but Nike said no due to the Nets and Spurs identities. Nike then forced the Jazz to add a third color. Which is why there is yellow. They then added the throwback jersey and will petition Nike for a new uniform set by the 2023-24 season.

I believe it was the NBA who made them add a third color... supposedly.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Literally every other team is identified by their color scheme regardless of championship success. If the jazz ever decided to stick with a color scheme longer than 5 years before changing they too would be identified by their color scheme. But now they are making the waters more murky by not being able to decide if they want to be a purple team or a yellow team, this all after being a blue team last year.

In a literal sense, of course teams are identified by color scheme. We who played NBA Jam are well aware of that.

However, the specific reference to those three teams is telling us something more. Lots of teams in the NBA have had long standing color schemes, however, he didn't mention the New York Knicks or Orlando Magic or Portland Trailblazers. He mentioned the three teams that, until last week, had won the most championships.

The Bulls color scheme is great, but they aren't the only team in the NBA to wear red and black. They are the only team in the league to win six rings while wearing red and black.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I don't give a :censored: about copper, but purple and light blue is a great idea:

• Keeps the purple tying to the franchise's beginnings without relying on mardi gras colors which NOLA owns
  • Unique combo 

The concepts that turn the red rocks aesthetic into a purple mountain set kick ass, it's still wild that billionaire dollar companies flail like this so often.

I love that the NBA has/had so many purple teams and other than maybe Milwaukee (red should be their secondary color IMO) I love them all.

I included the copper (1) as a nod to the only Jazz teams to get to the NBA Finals, and (2) to include a bit of warmth in an otherwise very cool color scheme. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

• Unique combo 

This jersey looked great in person...pictures don't do it justice. So the colors would work. With that said, copper is needed for Utah. 

Nike Performance NBA LOS ANGELES LAKERS LEBRON JAMES MOMENTS MIXTAPES CITY  EDITION - Top - field purple/purple - Zalando.co.uk

• Like 11

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:38 AM, Digby said:

The previous color scheme would've worked too. Just needed to settle on where in the navy-to-purple they wanted to be; I thought a dark indigo that wasn't a true navy blue but also wasn't the old purple would have been fine. Pair that with the golden yellow and the dark green. Had its historic roots in the Jazz brand but the darker colors felt more right for Utah.

I agree. "Mood Indigo," I suggested.

The Mighty Ducks' eggplant and jade slot in well, too: 

qRdgzHO.jpg

• Like 13
  • WOAH 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

18 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

Cool detail that only a few might notice. It's growing on me but I still prefer the standard NBA logo.

Also, IMO, the NBA blew an opportunity to not put the 75th Anniversary logo on all courts at all.

At least it was on the all backboards.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This jersey looked great in person...pictures don't do it justice. So the colors would work. With that said, copper is needed for Utah. 

Nike Performance NBA LOS ANGELES LAKERS LEBRON JAMES MOMENTS MIXTAPES CITY  EDITION - Top - field purple/purple - Zalando.co.uk

And change the baby/powder blue to green, like the admiral's idea.