2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

Cavs look better than the leaks, but still not anything amazing. Really not a fan of the huge blue circle on the shorts.

They went with a Cleveland Metroparks theme. Honestly don't know why they went with light blue instead of green if that's the case. Can't say I've been impressed by anything this "visual artist" has done since he was put in charge of the Cavs branding. 

4-lamar-edited.png?imageOpt=1

court.jpg?imageOpt=1

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 2
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 1

Cool that Desmond Mason is a street artist now and they let him design it. That’s honestly one of the least offensive of the bunch, it’s superfluous but it’s got two team colors on it and a consistent design with the main look. 

Dallas, Chicago, Houston, NOLA and NYK are my big winners. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Blazers’ City Edition officially released:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Said it when these first leaked, I’ll say it again: while I’ve never really been a proponent of a PDX carpet uni for the Blazers, if they had to do one this was the right way to do it. A certain segment of fans have been clamoring for PDX carpet jerseys for like a decade now, so they finally get their wish but the pattern is wisely contained within the familiar sash instead of an all-over pattern. It’s not great, but it’s not bad either.

• Like 5
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Most of the city editions even if not befitting of the team wearing them are well executed designs with a clear idea in mind of what they are trying to accomplish.  I would even argue in a vacuum most of these are very good.   HOWEVER, that only frustrates me that Nike put ZERO effort into the Cavs or Jazz rebrands and instead focus on these throwaway one year designs.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joekono said:

Right, It should just be  HOME,AWAY and if you really wanna go crazy!!!! A throwback!!!!!

Let's Go Crazy GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I propose a compromise between Nike, the NBA and normal people:

1. Home

2. Away

3. Alternate (that goes WITH the team identity, i.e. the home and away uniforms)

4. Throwback (optional or even regulated based on anniversary seasons blah blah blah)

5. City - A specially designed uniform for a handful of games throughout the season. New design every 3 seasons.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, BShaw20 said:

Magic “kingdom” 😂

The all-black uniform features a subtle metallic gray accent evoking a suit of armor to display strength and fortitude. The armor is representative of the Magic players battling on the court, fighting to protect its kingdom along with the pride and resiliency of the City of Orlando and its fans. The uniform also features a gothic “Orlando” script front and center of the jersey. 

Utilizing a gothic font of “Orlando” on the front of the uniform is a nod to the city and its fans, representative of the team battling for its beloved “sixth man” and the city they represent with pride. A diamond pattern covering the jersey and shorts adds texture and signifies a knight-worthy line of defense. 

Oh for :censored:’s sake.

They don’t elaborate at all how it “represents the city” or whatever, just saying it does, because it doesn’t. At all. Explaining it as the pattern on the castle like we thought earlier would’ve at least done that a little, but instead we’ve got some weird Holy Land Experience on the Millenia exit stuff.

What is it with designers seemingly deciding out of nowhere that what really fits Orlando is a gothic theme, anyway? I guess because UCF’s the Knights? Both the Guardians and the Magic have leaned into it.

Who knows. At least the orange and space themes made sense, even if they were still ugly. This one doesn’t.

Edit: I like the court though. It’s about time they did something with the skyline like other teams have.

8252-EC6-C-7675-4481-97-B6-F373206071-F9 

• Like 2

ExJworW.png