2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

18 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

It's unfortunate, but I think the situation is similar to what Serie A did with green uniforms. Since there are digital ads now, the cream color blending with the court so much would disrupt that. I think that's why he tiptoed around the issue. It sucks, but it's what this is all heading towards.

It's 100% this. Cream-colored fabric isn't a problem in their baseball, soccer or general merch divisions, but when you're now chroma-keying off woodgrain...

In many ways it's worse to wipe out a color option for advertising than it is to have a 3" ad patch, IMO. Ick. 

• Like 9

The Knicks City sans-serified version of NBA athletic block is really bizarre, the numbers  that don’t have serifs especially took me ages to figure out why it was so uncanny valley until I realized the difference was that the hole in the 9 etc. have an NFL-like  90 degree angle unlike the normal NBA block (notwithstanding the poor choice of numbers in this particular tweet)

• Like 2
07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 11/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, VDizzle12 said:

They went with a Cleveland Metroparks theme. Honestly don't know why

You could have stopped here and it would have been fine.

FUBU but the "us" it's for and by are people who post on city subreddits.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 11/11/2022 at 10:50 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The rose on GS's uniforms won't even show up in-game.

Screen-Shot-2022-11-10-at-11.11.55-AM-76

i don’t hate the idea of having like a rose artwork on a uniform i just think it was really dumb to put it on the bottom of the jersey for this exact reason here. and even if it was visible it would look really strange. they should have put the design on the bottom of the shorts instead 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The PDX carpet design is a highly regarded thing among Portlanders and there have been people asking for a jersey like this for a while.

It’s still a carpet, a carpet thousands of people walk on, roll bags on, spill drinks on, and probably been defecated on daily.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The PDX carpet design is a highly regarded thing among Portlanders and there have been people asking for a jersey like this for a while.

"Highly regarded carpet." Ok. Unless you're talking about a rug from Central Asia? No such thing.

Good G-d. First the PNW types get up in arms because I thought "Rip City" was dumb, but you know what? At least that's something a commentator for the team said. At least it's something that's part of Blazers lore.

This is a carpet design. No amount of "you have to be from here to understand" will make it not stupid. It's probably the dumbest thing in this most recent batch of City Edition jerseys, and that's saying something when you have whatever it is the Cavs inflicted upon us.

• Like 6
  • Yawn 6
  • Dislike 1

urn-publicid-ap-org-55bf3685bad0439a54f5

I like the color distribution on these Dallas' uniforms (only they could've done with just one, the lighter shade of green). What I don't like is the emphasis on the 70s' aesthetics. They should've toned down on the Boogie Nights, and maybe add the green inline to the numbers instead of the wordmark. This is the right base for the actual main identity update.

Edited by truepg
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, IceCap said:

They're referencing airport carpet. AIRPORT CARPET! 

So what they should referenced when uniform really based on popular carpet? Blazers fans wanted uniforms designed like and this is a jersey mostly for them not for other teams fans. It's simple.

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

It's probably the dumbest thing in this most recent batch of City Edition jerseys

Ovo is dumbest because it block any act of creativity.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

10 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

So what they should referenced when uniform really based on popular carpet? Blazers fans wanted uniforms designed like and this is a jersey mostly for them not for other teams fans. It's simple.

By the standards of the City program — taking some other symbol of local pride and tying it in with the team — the PDX jersey ticks all the boxes. By that standard it fits the program more than Orlando in a marginally different black jersey, or whatever the Lakers are doing.

The nerds on this board aren’t really stakeholders in this thing.

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

So what they should referenced when uniform really based on popular carpet? Blazers fans wanted uniforms designed like...

If Blazers fans wanted a uniform based on carpet- and I'll be real, I 100% doubt there was a large demand for it- then they're dumb. 

...and this is a jersey mostly for them not for other teams fans. It's simple.

Oh so this is only being sold in the arena? Stop simping for shoe companies, man. 

36 minutes ago, Digby said:

By the standards of the City program — taking some other symbol of local pride and tying it in with the team — the PDX jersey ticks all the boxes. By that standard it fits the program more than Orlando in a marginally different black jersey, or whatever the Lakers are doing.

If carpet is a symbol of local pride... I don't know what to tell you. Again, outside of Central Asia... that's a yikes.

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

How is referencing a local carpet any different than referencing a local building?

Because it's carpet. 

50 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Ovo is dumbest because it block any act of creativity.

0/10 🎣attempt try again 

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, IceCap said:

If Blazers fans wanted a uniform based on carpet- and I'll be real, I 100% doubt there was a large demand for it- then they're dumb. 

Are you the market expert? The Timbers had a merch line (though not a jersey) on this same theme years ago, before Nike even took over the NBA. The PDX carpet has been a locals' meme for many, many years. It's a silly thing but who cares?

• Like 6