2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

Hasn't the All-Star Weekend branding gotten away from local flair and toward a perennial standardized brand, just like the Super Bowl did? If that's the case, it would make sense to do everything in NBA logo red and blue. But go figure that the league that's doing an airport carpet uniform would use this occasion to dial down the civic pride.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, pelicanfan said:
same old same old. wish they would take inspiration from the city they play in or the team that plays in that city. also what’s up with the hornets/hawks esque font?

Is it just me or is that ad a decent bit larger than usual? I hope it's just me.

ExJworW.png

Kind of strange that one ASG uniform is clearly inspired by the redrock city uniform and has a definite tie to the Jazz, and the other is just general blue to black gradient (and a shade of blue the Jazz have never worn, too). If that one had to be a gradient too, then purple to black would’ve made more sense, or even powder blue to navy blue. That particular uniform just looks really mailed in when compared to the redrock one.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

There was that one year two years ago where the jerseys were literally Pacers fauxbacks instead of anything from the league brand, but that scheme didn’t keep. So who knows.

I’m still on the team for the black/white minimalist team logo jerseys. 

On 12/27/2022 at 6:30 PM, ltjets21 said:

Watching the Knicks on Christmas made me realize they have to switch their jersey font back. Their city editions are slightly different but way better than what they currently use. I'd even prefer their previous City Font than what they are using now.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Been saying that since day 1.  The current font has always been awful and the less-arched wordmark just looks wrong and ugly.  The wordmark even makes the BFBS seem less offensive.

chamiquecover.jpg

Blazers/Warriors was primary color heaven last night. End result was extremely frustrating as a Blazers fan, but I loved the uniform matchup. Red vs. blue on the Warriors’ primarily yellow court. Almost an ideal color vs. color matchup IMO. Both teams in clearly contrasting colors, on a court that also contrasts but is harmonious with the home team’s uniform.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

IMO this is how Color vs. Color should work and should be the norm. Keep the white jerseys at home games only. And, stop with the City vs. Throwback matchups. I wish the NBA took a MLB approach to throwback jerseys and games by dressing both teams up in era appropriate jerseys.

• Like 6

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

i actually wish neither team wore anything city edition related for that game. or have the spurs tribute to their roots at least. for a 50 year anniversary you would think the spurs would wear the throwback jerseys they brought back this season. and not a jersey that as others have said… was most recognizably worn by michael jordan. and installing a court design that was never played on in the dome. it kinda takes the magic away especially when most of the crowd wearing jerseys and merch were in the traditional colors 

the bucks did it so right when they played at the mecca i wish the spurs just followed the same

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I can kind of see where the Spurs were coming from wearing thier City editions last night - the all-star game the uniforms pay homage to was played in the Alamodome, and the first finals run was in fiesta colors at the Alamodome as well. The Gervin throwbacks were never worn as primary uniforms in the Alamodome, either. So all in all, I do think there was more thought put into this than is being given credit for. 

Now that all being said, I do think the best option would’ve been wearing thier regular primary uniforms and playing on a court designed after the ‘99 Alamodome Fiesta court instead, so it looked more like what they played in and on when at the Alamodome. But even though they didn’t go that route, I don’t think what they did was totally off-base either. I can at least see the thought process behind it, regardless of whether or not it was the best option.

• Like 9

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png