2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I mean a lot of people my age remember them as a top team with that look so yeah I'm sure some people love it.

I actually really like the home look they had, for some reason the colors just went very well on this one, the away and alternate are just okay but the home was real nice.

1996-nba-finals-game-5-chicago-bulls-vs-

Absolutely, loved that look.

2 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

I'm excited for mid-late 2000's throwbacks in 10 or so years. You can run from the throwback uniform cycle, but you can't hide.

i might burn down everything if these are ever Classic Editions
Screen-Shot-2012-06-19-at-22h48.38-.png

also, the Mavs are already wearing mid-2000s Classic Edition uniforms. SMFH

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

2 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

I'm excited for mid-late 2000's throwbacks in 10 or so years. You can run from the throwback uniform cycle, but you can't hide.

Mitchell and Ness is already selling some.

I've seen 2009 Warriors Curry , 2010 Wizards Wall, 2012 Cavs Irving and 2014 Bucks Giannis to name a few. They even have 2017(!) Rookie Challenge jerseys.

It's only a matter a top before they start wearing them on the court.

18 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

i might burn down everything if these are ever Classic Editions
Screen-Shot-2012-06-19-at-22h48.38-.png

We're rapidly approaching the time where the people that grew up with these are online and vocal, yet somehow I highly doubt the Hornets will ever throwback it back completely. The Bobcats are such a thorough stain that nobody wants to remember.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

12 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Early comments out of the Jazz Uni survey suggest that there are two color palettes being compared against each other.

Black, white, and yellow vs Purple, black, white, and sky blue.

Ryan Smith's ego is truly resilient.

Needs copper. 

• Like 11

On 12/2/2022 at 8:40 PM, insert name said:

At least the Fisherman had character. 

It also still had some semblance of a connection to the franchise's roots. They stayed somewhat true to the classic colours (aside from darkening the blue & adding teal to be trendy). 

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

So basically add black somewhere on this and voilà:

los-angeles-lakers-city-edition-dri-fit-

Not a good idea.

Why is this not a good idea? The Lakers have worn this colour combo briefly as a one-off alternate, and it's essentially a simplified version of the '90s Jazz colours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Why is this not a good idea? The Lakers have worn this colour combo briefly as a one-off alternate, and it's essentially a simplified version of the '90s Jazz colours.

It needs copper. The Kings (and Lakers, sadly) both use purple and black, and they also both used to use powder blue, so they both wear throwback/alternates with that color. SInce 2018, Sacramento & LA have combined for 9 jerseys that use powder blue. 

A third purple, black, and sometimes powder blue team would only add to the confusion, while keeping copper in the mix helps ditinguish them.

*Side note. i'd rather Utah use teal than light blue, but that's just me.

15 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Because black is this case is forced and unnecessary. Replace it with cooper/teal or use classic purple-yellow-green-white scheme if you really wants back to purple.

4r2eer.png

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

They absolutely need to make purple the main team color.

I'd say they basically have no choice to not make purple main color after whole "Purple is back" campaign.

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

There actually is precedent for the Jazz to keep black.

utah-jazz.jpg?fit=3008,1960&ssl=1

True but except that uniform black wasn't a big part of their color scheme back in that era and now it look like they want to give it a more prominent role.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

The issue seems to be that almost any way the Jazz go people will say they're stepping on toes. Purple/Teal/Copper looks to be the only scheme they can outright own and their fan base has shown they want to support.

Purple/Yellow- Lakers

Purple/Black- Kings, Suns, and Lakers (I think this is where they'll land, but with multiple shades of purple like in their 2024 jersey)

Black/Purple/Red Rock gradient- Suns

Current Black/White/Highlighter- Nets, Heat, and Spurs

Purple/Light Blue- Lakers/Kings (they could probably get away with this)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eRay said:

The issue seems to be that almost any way the Jazz go people will say they're stepping on toes. Purple/Teal/Copper looks to be the only scheme they can outright own and their fan base has shown they want to support.

Purple/Yellow- Lakers

Purple/Black- Kings, Suns, and Lakers (I think this is where they'll land, but with multiple shades of purple like in their 2024 jersey)

Hornets? 

• Like 5

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, eRay said:

Purple/Yellow- Lakers

honestly at that point i wouldn’t mind if the jazz just cleaned up everything and quite literally make purple their only true color. 

FhOVoTWVQAAhlCq.jpg

obviously there’s some black and white and monotone shades of purple. but you kinda get what i mean. no *real* accent colors like light blue or copper. just straight purple all the way. super modern, but doesn’t lack character. to me this is the best option if they don’t wanna go old school with teal and copper 

• Like 11