Lower League US Soccer

seasaltvanilla

This makes sense for MLS. At first, having USL teams come to Kennesaw up the road sounded like a great addition to the sportswatching opportunities already afforded to me in the area, and in the first few seasons I went to a few ATLUTD2 matches. 

But within MLSNP, I don't have any motivation to go. The attendance at those games has dwindled down to pretty much family and friends, and it suprises me they haven't moved the MLSNP matches for the 2 team to the ATLUTD campus in Marietta, because it's not benefiting Kennesaw State Univ. in any way to hold matches there. 

The more MLSNP can look like its own league and serve other communities, the better. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-05 at 9:30 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The more MLSNP can look like its own league and serve other communities, the better. 

This seems blazingly obvious to me, and yet. Feels like we're in some neverending loop for farm-system thought of "It would be better for development to have our farm players train with the 1st team on-site... It would be better for business to build separate brands and serve a different market..." repeat ad nauseum. 

The Revs are having their team, creatively titled Revolution II (was that the French Revolution?), play a few matches up in Manchester, NH this season. Seems smarter to me than having Gillette look even emptier than usual. But they might be too late with the way various levels of USL teams are taking off around New England.

Looks like there's a new crest for the club RKC Third Coast. They are using the same crest for their teams in the USL-2, USL-W, USL-Academy, and USL-Youth leagues. I like the thought that went into this new design and it's a strong color combination.

437961925_387370567600985_14164193486559

Here's the previous crest for comparison:

Untitled-design.jpg?resize=250,250&ssl=1

Edited by Wildcomet
fixed link

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

The new USL League One team next year in Portland, Maine next year will be called Portland Hearts of Pine. Name's a bit of a mouthful, wish they would've used Maine as the location signifier given that the other Portland already exists with a tree theme. Also feel like there's high odds of Merritt Paulson filing a lawsuit over it, because he's that kind of guy. All that said, total banger of a crest that feels very Maine to me. 

PHOP_Crest_color.png 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, xbhaskarx said:

Not sure where this goes... they are joining the new women's first division of USL, not NWSL

Absolutely love the new crest for Dallas Trinity FC. I have no ties to Dallas or Texas, but I almost want them to succeed as a club just because of how much I love this crest and branding.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

6 hours ago, Maroon said:

Absolutely love the new crest for Dallas Trinity FC. I have no ties to Dallas or Texas, but I almost want them to succeed as a club just because of how much I love this crest and branding.

Username checks out. 

• LOL 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 5/9/2024 at 4:12 PM, Section30 said:

I love the incorporation of the Pegasus for a Dallas based team but the shape just looks off to me, particularly in the midsection and back legs.

That one swoosh down makes it look like a sagging belly. The rest of the style looks great, though.

Antelope Valley Alta FC kicks off next season in USL League One. They will play out of The Hangar in Lancaster CA (former MiLB home of the Lancaster JetHawks) which is being converted to a soccer stadium.

GN1D2nTWAAAQVaW?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 5
  • Meh 1

Signature intentionally left blank

Not sure why AV needs to be there twice... also I like the colors representing the Joshua trees and desert, but if the outline of the crest is supposed to represent a California poppy, why not make it orange instead of green?

• Like 3

New entry for the USL Super League women's competition... DC Power FC, not to be confused with the NWSL Washington Spirit though they will part-time share Audi Field. This logo is pretty cool but I am at a total loss on the name, which seems like a great way to be buried in search results under nine electrical supply websites and three hackneyed political commentary columns...

GOCmI1IWoAAgxWJ?format=png&name=small 

• Like 3

Terrible name and logo, worst since "Spokane Velocity"... as someone said: Getting tired of wings/rising up symbolism in women sports. Angel City, Dallas Trinity, Carolina Ascent, Dallas Wings, Golden State Valkyries, Chicago Sky 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 11:08 AM, Digby said:

New entry for the USL Super League women's competition... DC Power FC, not to be confused with the NWSL Washington Spirit though they will part-time share Audi Field. This logo is pretty cool but I am at a total loss on the name, which seems like a great way to be buried in search results under nine electrical supply websites and three hackneyed political commentary columns...

GOCmI1IWoAAgxWJ?format=png&name=small 

Sponsored by Honda?

• LOL 1

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23