MLB Regular Season 22: The Thread

Gary

On 5/9/2022 at 5:45 PM, Dilbert said:

While the weekend games still get a decent attendance, the weeknights struggle. Reds may be getting desperate to get some of the fans back they lost

FSVX3RNXEAERe22?format=jpg&name=large

Last night was their first night for this. Only 10,445 at the game and they ran out of Bud Light and hot dogs by the fourth inning! 🤣

Meanwhile, today Christian Yelich hit for his third carer cycle, all against the Reds.

• LOL 1

Signature intentionally left blank

5 hours ago, Sport said:

This franchise used to be my example of great, fan friendly customer service, especially compared to the Bengals, but now they're far worse. It's amazing how far they've fallen. 

Marge Schott may have been controversial but she made sure the concession prices stayed low.

6 hours ago, Sport said:

According to Reds twitter and reddit the team ran out of beer for the $3 beer promotion in the fourth inning, lines were long, and still only 10,000 people showed up. How do you run out of beer when that few people are in the stadium? What if they have done if it was a sellout?

This franchise used to be my example of great, fan friendly customer service, especially compared to the Bengals, but now they're far worse. It's amazing how far they've fallen. 

How many of those 10000 fans were Brewer fans?

[this is a joke - Brewer fans drink lots of beer - this is NOT a knock on the Reds - I can't do anything that tops them]

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How many of those 10000 fans were Brewer fans?

[this is a joke - Brewer fans drink lots of beer - this is NOT a knock on the Reds - I can't do anything that tops them]

Cincinnati drinks a lot of beer be it Reds, Bengals, FC Cincinnati, Xavier, UC, Cyclones. Cincinnati is a town of misery.

Since its a weeknight still in the school year probably not a lot of Brewers fans on this homestand.

9 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Cincinnati drinks a lot of beer be it Reds, Bengals, FC Cincinnati, Xavier, UC, Cyclones. Cincinnati is a town of misery.

Since its a weeknight still in the school year probably not a lot of Brewers fans on this homestand.

Just curious.... how many Brewers fans show up at other ballparks? 

I saw, I came, I left.

I not sure how well Milwaukee travels. Last year I went to games in Cincy against the Rockies, Mets and Cardinals. All had good visiting fan turnouts. Even saw some random Athletics fans dressed head to toe in A's gear for some odd reason at the game against the Mets.

42 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

I not sure how well Milwaukee travels. Last year I went to games in Cincy against the Rockies, Mets and Cardinals. All had good visiting fan turnouts. Even saw some random Athletics fans dressed head to toe in A's gear for some odd reason at the game against the Mets.

Art Howe fan club?

(I was just joking about that due to the A's and Mets connection, but I went ahead and looked it up. He coached with the Rockies, managed the A's and Mets, and played for the Cardinals.😳)

Reds no hit the Buccos and lost. Two inept franchises at their “best”. My dad and brother were at the game, so at least they saw history. I’m pretty sure this is only the sixth ever no hitter loss in MLB history.  (Only two of those officially count as no hitters, as they went a full 9 innings.)

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Well I was born in 1991 so 🤷 

Dude - You call yourself "True" fan, and reference their number of titles in our name. You might want to do a little research into that title, especially since most of those titles occurred WAY before you were a glimmer in your father's eye.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

Reds become the first team to lose without allowing a hit since the Angels in 2008 (vs Dodgers). It is per MLB standards an unofficial no hitter because the Reds pitchers did not go a full 9 innings, similar to how Madison Bumgarner had a no hitter in a 7 inning game last year.

32 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Dude - You call yourself "True" fan, and reference their number of titles in our name. You might want to do a little research into that title, especially since most of those titles occurred WAY before you were a glimmer in your father's eye.

DUDE -  even True fans have a life and do not obsess 24/7 about sports and.... GASP... are human beings and get things wrong.

Edited by TrueYankee26
Grammar