MLB Regular Season 22: The Thread

Gary

1 hour ago, Sport said:

*I wonder if being firehosed First Take style bullshirt since they were infants is why 15 year olds on the internet think all sports talk has to be violent hand-to-hand combat. 

Certainly, and not just sports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

https://www.southbmore.com/2022/04/06/photo-tour-of-the-new-left-field-at-oriole-park-at-camden-yards/

spacer.pngspacer.png

The angle at the bullpen wall in left center doesn't look as severe as I expected.

I'm not 100% sure where my tickets are, but I think I'll be in left field for the home opener. I'm curious to see how it looks in person.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sport said:

Did the Orioles give up a lot of home runs because of Camden Yards or because their pitchers have been batting cage machines for the last 5 years? 

You know the answer to that is BOTH. 🙃

• Like 2

I saw, I came, I left.

45 minutes ago, Sport said:

Did the Orioles give up a lot of home runs because of Camden Yards or because their pitchers have been batting cage machines for the last 5 years? 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 4/5/2022 at 10:42 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Prediction time?

AL

AL EAST

x- Toronto

x- Tampa Bay

Boston

New York

Baltimore

AL CENTRAL

x- Chicago

Minnesota

Detroit

Kansas City

Cleveland

AL WEST

x- Houston

x- Seattle

x- LA Angels

Texas

Oakland

NL

NL EAST

x- Atlanta

NY Mets

Philadelphia

Miami

Washington

NL CENTRAL

x- St. Louis

x- Milwaukee

Chicago

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

NL WEST

x- LA Dodgers

x- San Francisco 

x- San Diego

Colorado

Arizona

PLAYOFFS

AL

1st round byes- Toronto, Houston

Chicago over LA Angels

Tampa Bay over Seattle

Toronto over Chicago

Houston over Tampa Bay

Toronto over Houston

NL

1st round byes- LA Dodgers, St. Louis

San Diego over Atlanta

San Francisco over Milwaukee

LA Dodgers over San Diego

San Francisco over St. Louis

LA Dodgers over San Francisco

WORLD SERIES

LA Dodgers (SURPRISE, SURPRISE!) over Toronto

AL:
Playoffs: Toronto, Tampa, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Boston
NL:

Playoffs: Atlanta, New York, St. Louis, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Milwaukee

WS:
Boston over St. Louis

Nats barely have more wins than the O's this year and yet both finish last in their respective divisions.

4 hours ago, Sport said:

Comments like this really rub me the wrong way.  Our pitchers have been batting cage machines for far longer than that.

• Like 9

spacer.png

Poor Orioles, they  are the Pirates of the AL East. 

A punching bag for the real teams in their division. While on rare occasions they may accidently be competitive.   

The sad thing their owners are probably content with that. As long as they can sell some tickets and pay their players bottom dollar while skimming off the rest for themselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

Poor Orioles, they  are the Pirates of the AL East. 

A punching bag for the real teams in their division. While on rare occasions they may accidently be competitive.   

The sad thing their owners are probably content with that. As long as they can sell some tickets and pay their players bottom dollar while skimming off the rest for themselves. 

Man, the Angelos family sucks.

15 hours ago, JayMac said:

Man, the Angelos family sucks.

The sons seem to be okay (though it's too early to tell), but the old man definitely sucks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

17 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

As long as they can sell some tickets and pay their players bottom dollar while skimming off the rest for themselves. 

And as long as they're an easy trip for traveling fans, especially Yankees and Red Sox fans 12x a year...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 hours ago, Digby said:

And as long as they're an easy trip for traveling fans, especially Yankees and Red Sox fans 12x a year...

Once the balanced schedule takes effect, expect Phillies fans to take over OPACY every other year too.  It's a perfect easy road trip, except after the game is over you're in Baltimore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 hours ago, Cujo said:

Just checking.

Did anyone miss the NL pitcher going up for three hacks then taking an immediate seat?

No?

Ok.

Bbbbbbbbbbut muh #PitchersWhoRake!!!!!11!1!11!

spacer.png

16 hours ago, BBTV said:

Once the balanced schedule takes effect, expect Phillies fans to take over OPACY every other year too.  It's a perfect easy road trip, except after the game is over you're in Baltimore.

You say this as if the surrounding area to the Philly sports complex is anything to write home about. It absolutely sucks there. Inner Harbor isn't bad at all, and there's plenty stuff to do within walking distance of the stadium.

• Like 3

First time in a long time I'm listening to a game on the radio...and I picked a good day for it.  Cubs are killing the Brewers today.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

49 minutes ago, Discrim said:

First time in a long time I'm listening to a game on the radio...and I picked a good day for it.  Cubs are killing the Brewers today.

Is it just me, or does damn near every event in a Cubs' radio broadcast have a sponsor?

It's where I sit.

Not just you...though I figure if I were to listen to somebody else's game, I'd hear all about the Official Steak of the Royals or the Official Tape Measure of the Yankees or whatever.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yesterday was 65 and sunny so I laid in a hammock in the backyard and settled in to watch Hunter Greene's MLB debut. Good stuff from him. Kid's gonna be special. Fortunately for me I missed the two home runs he gave up because I fell asleep in the fourth inning and took one of the best naps of all-time. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png