MLB Regular Season 22: The Thread

Gary

1 hour ago, NYCdog said:

It’s just one game but I really :censored:ing hate being no hit by THAT team in OUR house. Twice. WTF? 

Lone bright spot is Cole train appears to be on track. Gallo and Donaldson need to be gone. 

If I was king, combined no-hitters, while still literally being no-hitters, wouldn’t get much fanfare and wouldn’t go down in the record books as any kind of achievement. I get that the days of the complete game are pretty much over, but a no-hitter means so much more when it’s one pitcher completing the feat. It should be celebrated as an individual accomplishment (which obviously requires the team to make great defensive plays, but you get what I mean).

These no hitters where 4,5,6 pitchers are involved are just so hard to get excited about in any way.   Maybe it’s because I’m getting older, but I remember when the “combined no hitter” was an extreme rarity - I don’t even think I knew it was a thing until the 00s. Now it seems (relatively) commonplace. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Phillies had an outstanding radio broadcast for the better part of the last 15 years, but their color guy is half retired and only does home games (sometimes only weekend games) and they have a rotating array of uninteresting idiots filling in while they're on the road.

Anyway, here's Michael Bourn yelling "Oh SH**!!!" when Harper got his thumb broke by a pitch.  On one hand, I love giving broadcasting spots to non-traditional talent (code for boring-ass white guys), and I love the authenticity that broacasters bring when they don't confine themselves to the established norms.  On the other hand, some of these ex-players simply suck at it (I don't really have a problem with using the s word - I appreciate the authentic emotion, even if the network doesn't - but he is impossible to listen to.)

Linking because there's a naughty word in the text in the tweet and not sure what the exact rule is regarding embedding tweets that have s-words in them even if spoil tagging.

https://twitter.com/_piccone/status/1540898296054554625?s=20&t=Bj4rwnEwKdZAOXTABFv3gg

• Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

LMAO this team may get no hit again.

What a joke. Frauds.

Yeah - it sure sucks to be [checks standings] playing at a .722 clip, far and away the best in baseball, and have tied this game up.

Inexcusable. [Inigo Montoya] You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

29 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yeah - it sure sucks to be [checks standings] playing at a .722 clip, far and away the best in baseball, and have tied this game up.

Inexcusable. [Inigo Montoya] You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

As I have said I will be happy to be wrong. But if this team goes into the postseason playing like they have been vs the Astros they will be remembered like the 2001 Mariners.

36 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Following a real brawl. About time we see hatred and passion like this in MLB.

It's about time for the M's to actually have some hate for another team and why not Anaheim? Oakland is trash, Texas is trash and Houston is just too good right now.

Plus, they started it by being... well, they started it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

As I have said I will be happy to be wrong. But if this team goes into the postseason playing like they have been vs the Astros they will be remembered like the 2001 Mariners.

We aren’t even at the all star break, calm your self alittle bit.

• Applause 1

22 hours ago, BBTV said:

If I was king, combined no-hitters, while still literally being no-hitters, wouldn’t get much fanfare and wouldn’t go down in the record books as any kind of achievement. I get that the days of the complete game are pretty much over, but a no-hitter means so much more when it’s one pitcher completing the feat. It should be celebrated as an individual accomplishment (which obviously requires the team to make great defensive plays, but you get what I mean).

These no hitters where 4,5,6 pitchers are involved are just so hard to get excited about in any way.   Maybe it’s because I’m getting older, but I remember when the “combined no hitter” was an extreme rarity - I don’t even think I knew it was a thing until the 00s. Now it seems (relatively) commonplace. 

I think it was '03 or '04 that the Astros pitched a combined no-hitter. I thought it was interesting, but I didn't think it was really much of an achievement. There's no art to it when it's not the same pitcher figuring out how to get the same guys out three times apiece in the same game. It's just a statistical anomaly.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

What I would like to see is a combined perfect game mainly to just annoy the purists. 

Yeah, it's high time we brought fans of baseball down a peg in favor of people who are less interested in baseball.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This poor kid cant catch a break. Last year she went to San Diego to visit her favorite player Joey Votto when the Reds were in town. He got ejected in the first inning. Today she went to see Jesse Winker (former Red now with the Mariners) in Anaheim. History has now repeated.

2021:

FWNcqrMWQAMyc46?format=jpg&name=large

2022:

FWNcqgNXgAEkKI7?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

Signature intentionally left blank