MLB Regular Season 22: The Thread

Gary

The Yanks are still 14 up in the division with the Astros being the inly team in the same realm record wise in the AL. Yeah they’ve cooled off this recently but this is literally their first “slump” of the year, which is still 5-5 in last 10, plus the Al-Star break is coming right up. 

The Astros are still the only team that scares me, not worried about much else. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

The Yanks are still 14 up in the division with the Astros being the inly team in the same realm record wise in the AL. Yeah they’ve cooled off this recently but this is literally their first “slump” of the year, which is still 5-5 in last 10, plus the Al-Star break is coming right up. 

But they've lost their mojo. They suck since last Friday. All is lost. Fire them all.

[/sarcasm][/shortsightedness][/johnnycomelately][/wouldkillforthatsuck]

• LOL 4

It's where I sit.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:56 AM, Sport said:

23rd time it's happened in MLB history. Just as rare as a perfect game. 

@Jimmy! and I witnessed one live when Pedro Baez coughed one up for the Dodgers in Seattle.

VmWIn6B.png

21 minutes ago, LMU said:

@Jimmy! and I witnessed one live when Pedro Baez coughed one up for the Dodgers in Seattle.

I saw that stat and was amazed. Out of all the times there's been a runner on third base in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th or extra innings and there's only been 23 instances where they were balked in to end the game. Feels like that should happen way more frequently. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

39 minutes ago, Sport said:

I saw that stat and was amazed. Out of all the times there's been a runner on third base in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th or extra innings and there's only been 23 instances where they were balked in to end the game. Feels like that should happen way more frequently. 

It probably should, but the balk off can only happen if the game is tied at the bottom of the ninth, or later, with a runner on third. Those scenarios don't come around every day.

I saw, I came, I left.

So, Benjamin Harrison was POTUS the last time a team had a nine game winning the streak after losing 110 games the previous season.

The List --

1890 Louisville Colonels

2022 Baltimore Orioles

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Literally the only sane Yankee fan here

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Especially when you have umps calling THAT a balk

• Like 1

I am not even gonna talk about the Yankee game RN. Stinking it up again in the Bronx. Congrats Reds. So I will just post about something else.

Home Run Derby participants thus far:

Pete Alonso

Ronald Acuña

Albert Pujols

Juan Soto

Julio Rodriguez

Kyle Schwarber

Edited by TrueYankee26
Forgot Schwarber.

11 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I am not even gonna talk about the Yankee game RN. Stinking it up again in the Bronx. Congrats Reds. So I will just post about something else.

Home Run Derby participants thus far:

Pete Alonso

Ronald Acuña

Albert Pujols

Juan Soto

Julio Rodriguez

Kyle Schwarber is in it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’ve been watching baseball since ‘85. Nick Castellanos is the worst supposedly-good baseball player I’ve ever seen, and an example of why a team should be very wary of signing guys that never played under any pressure or in any major markets. It’s one thing to just have bad luck, but the loser doesn’t even have competitive at-bats, and he’s even worse in the field than advertised. He really isn’t even a starting-caliber player on an average team, let alone one that’s contending for the playoffs.  I’d hate to see what would  have happened if he signed with a NY team. 

• Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I’ve been watching baseball since ‘85. Nick Castellanos is the worst supposedly-good baseball player I’ve ever seen, and an example of why a team should be very wary of signing guys that never played under any pressure or in any major markets. It’s one thing to just have bad luck, but the loser doesn’t even have competitive at-bats, and he’s even worse in the field than advertised. He really isn’t even a starting-caliber player on an average team, let alone one that’s contending for the playoffs.  I’d hate to see what would  have happened if he signed with a NY team. 

I mean, sure, he's not great, but people know his name for a reason. might not be the best hitter or fielder, but he fulfills a valuable role on the Phillies as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. and so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again. I don't know if it's going to be for the Reds. I don't know if it's going to be for my bosses at Fox.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

53Ocz8U.png

15 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

As An Astros fan myself, I'm still confident we can take out the Yankees again if the two meat in the playoffs, I mean it's the Yankees, they've flamed out in the playoffs for the last 20 years (except 2009). I'm more worried about the Dodgers, actually, they seem like the more talented team that could beat anyone. 

• Like 1

xFUdNmt.png