2022 NFL Jersey Number Changes

DCarp1231

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The Eagles use a lot of neon green accents in their social media, website, and their stadium.  Wonder if they could pull off the 80’s Bucks multi-green on their uniforms.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com

spacer.png

Yeah, I think it’s kinda been the plan for a couple years. Maybe not fusing it into the main look, but for the Kellyish Green throwback to be tied into things. I fear what Nike getting to do an update that uses it would look like for the base set.

I’m sure the NFL kinda let it be known they were doing away with the one shell rule a couple years ago because Lurie constantly pushed for that at the owners meetings and then just stopped. Few years go by and it’s quietly passed without owners needing to vote on it.

It’s also just a poppy color that makes things easier on designers for social and stadium stuff. The Eagles’ color palette is incredibly drab.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 9:22 AM, DustDevil61 said:

Count me in the Broncos-should-wear-Orange-first-regardless-of-the-jersey-template crowd, though adapting the Color Rush jerseys with complimentary White pants (while relegating the orange pants to alternate status, if at all) should be looked into further.

adopt the color rush look full time, with orange jersey-white pants and white jersey-white pants as the primary home and away uniforms. Orange pants as alternates for both and navy jersey-navy pants as a home alternate for one night game per year

Sure that's not a 7?  What a lousy font.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Sure that's not a 7?  What a lousy font.

The font severely drags down a look that had the potential to be a solid update to the Falcons identity. That and the giant ATL on the chest too, but one problem at a time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

spacer.png

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Marcus Mariota will wear 1 for the Falcons

FOtyoqeWQAg9nVI?format=jpg&name=large

Wellp, there's the answer to that question.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

No "1" should be flat on the top, unless it has a serif on the bottom.  It should really be angled at the top, even if that technically doesn't mesh with the rest of the font.

I guess it's not as bad as their previous "1" which made "11" look like a pause button.  The bears are the only team that can pull that off, and even then, I don't think I've seen an "11" on them.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

No "1" should be flat on the top, unless it has a serif on the bottom.  It should really be angled at the top, even if that technically doesn't mesh with the rest of the font.

I guess it's not as bad as their previous "1" which made "11" look like a pause button.  The bears are the only team that can pull that off, and even then, I don't think I've seen an "11" on them.

Darnell Mooney currently. In the past Jeff George and Roy Williams have based (although I don't remember that specifically, had to google it lol).

4 hours ago, flyersfan said:

If the top left came to a point a la Titans numbers, it would look much better. Coming to the rectangle end is what makes it yeesh

I pointed out in another thread (too lazy to find the specific post) that making the Falcons’ font more angular, like they did with the 2 in the set, would make it so much better. The Ravens’ 1 would be a perfect design to play off of IMO. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

On 3/27/2022 at 10:06 AM, Discrim said:

That attempt at block shadow looks awful.  Would have been far better off as an outline...but Falcons things, amirite?

Agreed. Having a different font w/ a red outline, fixing the side red panel/graphic (whatever they call it) & greatly minimizing "ATL" on the front would make the Falcons home uniform much more tolerable. 

• Like 1

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

On 3/24/2022 at 8:24 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The Eagles use a lot of neon green accents in their social media, website, and their stadium.  Wonder if they could pull off the 80’s Bucks multi-green on their uniforms.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com

spacer.png

Been wanting this since about 2019 or so when they really started pushing the neon green in their branding. Hope it’s a sign of things to come uniform wise since both shades of green complement each other perfectly and is a perfect compromise between fans of Midnight Green and the old Kelly Green while having something new in the process.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

Sadly Nike/NFL teams are unaware what a block font is these days. A lot of these uniforms are gonna look pretty dated if they last 15-20 years 

Everytime someone says this I point straight to these:

tscahwibo9r9akhuyuv4

Bryce-Hall-Michael-Carter-II-NY-Jets-CB-

steelers-browns-football-43837.jpg

So let's not act like there's none out there...they may not be your dad's or your granddaddy block fonts, but they're block nonetheless. (And before anyone goes there, yes the corners of some of Cleveland's numbers are rounded; still, the form themselves are in block format.)

As a matter of fact, now that we've gone down this road, here's a list of teams who have their own proprietary non-block numbers:

Eagles

WTF Commanders

Lions

Vikings (only because of the sailboat serifs)

Bears (though to be fair they've also had those numbers since sometime in the 50s, I believe)

Falcons

Rams

Seahawks

Broncos

Chargers (although I suppose this one depends on how you look at them...they're kinda in the Cleveland territory)

Snatit

Texans

Dolphins (who I personally believe should get back to the Machine Block numbers they used to have)

Steelers

Bengals

Ravens

That's squarely half the league right there, so take that for what you will. I personally don't mind proprietary fonts, so long as they're doen in such a way as to look like they belong to an actual professional typeface (Houston is the best example of this, followed by the '98-'08 Jaguars--and I personally have always liked Philadelphia's and the ones Tennessee used to use). Where it goes sideways is obvious hackneyed chopjobs (Tennessee, Atlanta) or "too cute accoutrements" (Seahawks, Rams). And then there's the curious case of "Peyton Manning forehead" Syndrome going on with the Dolphins' current numbers (another Nike creation), which is why I'd prefer them to get back to what they had before. 

As for your standard block, well, the other half of the league still has them, so there you go. 😉  Some of those teams I don't see ever letting them go, nor should they. 

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||