2022 NFL Jersey Number Changes

DCarp1231

On 5/3/2022 at 4:29 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Still can't get used to non QBs/Kickers in single digits. It's getting a little less weird for me to see RBs and WRs in single digits, but I feel like defensive players will never not look wrong. 

spacer.png

For some reason I really like WRs having access to single digits but can't stand it in the backfield on a RB. As far as defense goes, the lowest number they should be able to pick is 20, anything lower just looks weird to me.

• Like 2
SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

WRs should've been the only players allowed to wear single digits; that was literally the only # rule change needed.  

You carry usually 6 WR, and all they had previously was the 80's & then the 10's to choose from, but those were being shared by QB/K/P.  If you had a few retired numbers, it could become difficult.  

All of the other position groups had plenty of options.  It was an unnecessary change and I still hate it.

• Like 8

77 would be nice, or 88, or 99. Basically anything repeating.

Although using my examples above would take a number from, say, a star wideout or nose tackle, which is what we're trying to prevent here

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

I'll see your rookie number graphics and raise you some actual rookie photoshop mockups (courtesy of Titanswire) ...

FSFcTvnXEAIXIED?format=jpg&name=large

FSFcTvnWQAIx6Ch?format=jpg&name=large

FSFcTvpWUAUkMXV?format=jpg&name=large

FSFcqIFWYAA2cUn?format=jpg&name=large

FSFcqIGWUAAK7rG?format=jpg&name=large

FSFcqIFXwAYe-DY?format=jpg&name=large

FSFc349X0AIXKx9?format=jpg&name=large

FSFc35AWYAAooyO?format=jpg&name=large

FSFc35LXoAQiok3?format=jpg&name=large

(Some of the slickest Photoshop work I've ever seen. I know the guy who runs ther graphics team, and considering who he is, I am not the slightest bit surprised by the superb quality of their work.)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 5/13/2022 at 4:56 AM, Kiltman said:

Would take away the easy money they’ll keep getting to switch ha.

But yeah it should be ok for them to wear anything outside 50-79 I think too.

I live for the day I see a 5’7”, 165-pound kicker wearing #99. It’s kind of on my bucket list.