2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

On 9/26/2022 at 10:42 PM, OBomb said:

I thought the Giants were going to paint their end zones with the retro logo from the Giants Stadium days when they wore tonight's uniform set?

The plan was to have the throwback endzones with the blue throwback uniforms, not the white throwback inspired Color Rush.

• Like 2

Eagles will wear all-black the following games:

Week 12 vs. Packers

Week 16 at Cowboys

Week 18 vs. Giants

They have not worn green against the Packers since 2010. I was really hoping they'd wear black vs. Washington in Week 10 on Monday night instead, which still hasn't happened once since they introduced the black pants.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:28 PM, sudden said:

It looks like Cincinnati will pair the old throwback jerseys with the new pants after all as someone indicated as a possibility here.

Per Paul Lukas with Uni-Watch they are using the old pants... that post yesterday I do think it is still the old pants. The player photographed has the pants hiked up slightly at the knee and the angle of the photo makes the taper hard to see.

If you look at the actual stripe pattern it is the old pant stripe pattern and not the new.

oOt1MHA.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

This seems to be their go-to look at Indy now. Nothing remotely interesting about that matchup visually.

The Titans pick their pantaloons from game to game almost entirely based on the playing surface. Presumably it would have all to do with easing the load on the equipment crew, since the dark trousers don’t stain as heavily, and they simply get their white slacks in when there’s no dirt involved.

Here’s a by-game breakdown of which knickers they wore the past couple of seasons based on whether they played on natural grass or turf (their home stadium has natural grass, hence why the navy gets most of the spotlight).

Grass: 2 navy

Turf: 2 white

Grass: 10 navy, 2 columbia

Turf: 4 white, 2 navy

Grass: 11 navy, 1 columbia, 1 white

Turf: 3 white, 1 navy

Grass: 12 navy, 4 columbia

Turf: 3 navy, 1 white

Basically, they almost universally refuse to let their white garment which covers the area from the bottom of the waist to the top of their knees get all dirtied up with grass, but still want to get some use out of them so they just bust them out whenever they’re on turf, which is a hilarious method with regard to establishing a visual identity.

White over teal leggings is back. They’re definitely running with a similar MO to last year when it comes to combinations. Can only imagine who’s pulling those strings. Hopefully they’re just trying to spice up the final days of this set before switching to something more solid and consistent.

HoF: WBB

PW1: TBB

PW2: TBB

PW3: WBB

W1: TWW

W2: WBW

W3: WWW

W4: WTT

• Applause 3

I guess the rumor of Washington wearing the black helmet with the white jersey won’t come to fruition. At least not this season.

The allotted 3 game maximum is filled with Week 4 at Dallas, Week 9 vs Vikings, and Week 12 vs Falcons. All designated as black uniform games.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I guess the rumor of Washington wearing the black helmet with the white jersey won’t come to fruition. At least not this season.

The allotted 3 game maximum is filled with Week 4 at Dallas, Week 9 vs Vikings, and Week 12 vs Falcons. All designated as black uniform games.

They couldn't even wear the black helmet with the white jersey if they wanted to. Can only be worn with a designated alternate jersey (same reason Bengals are wearing their former color rush with the white helmet)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

7 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

They couldn't even wear the black helmet with the white jersey if they wanted to. Can only be worn with a designated alternate jersey (same reason Bengals are wearing their former color rush with the white helmet)

Who’s to say they won’t pull a Rams this offseason and roll out a “modern classic” that’s more in line with the design of the burgundy jersey?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Oh, sure.  That’s a rule everyone will follow religiously.  🙄

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

This seems to be their go-to look at Indy now. Nothing remotely interesting about that matchup visually.

For as long as they keep these sets, that needs to be their default away look--either that, or with the columbia blue pants, although for consistency's sake the above looks better. (And yes I've resigned myself to the fact that the Snatit have effectively marginalized their columbia blue out of their present identity save for their alternate jersey, so to me they're navy, white, gray, gray, and then light blue now.)

As for Jacksonville...can they PLEASE not do teal socks with teal pants? That combo NEEDS black socks to break it up and to bookend their black helmet. BUTTT...we all know they'll do the leggings look anyway, so...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Eagles will wear all-black the following games:

Week 12 vs. Packers

Week 16 at Cowboys

Week 18 vs. Giants

They have not worn green against the Packers since 2010. I was really hoping they'd wear black vs. Washington in Week 10 on Monday night instead, which still hasn't happened once since they introduced the black pants.

what’s your source for this?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."