2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's brand new to college this year too. But the issue with these facemasks are that there isn't a traditional facemask clip setup like other football helmets. 

Axiom FAQ

Axiom Helmets | Riddell Newsroom

The Axiom debuted in CFB in 2021

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Typing from my phone currently.  My laptop is having major issues. It is with my IT team currently being looked at. I may have a defective motherboard.  Unsure when I will get week 4 updated and week 5 added.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The best looking matchups this week were Bears-Giants, Chiefs-Buccaneers, and Jaguars-Eagles.

Rams-49ers is a shoe-in assuming LA goes with yellow pants to go against SF’s throwbacks.

Chargers-Texans could’ve been in the running for the best had the Chargers gone with yellow pants.

Bills-Ravens was okay. Buffalo desperately needs to start wearing blue socks with the all white.

Rams announced blue pants. Quite an interesting choice. It will be a repeat of last year's Monday night game:

1353530365.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Worst classic vs Worst modern -- easily Top 5 worst ever match-ups.

It's awful, but we are fresh off of an era where color rush ran rampant, the two-toned Jags helmet existed, the mismatched Rams trainwreck was a thing, the Cardinals still looked like they do now, and the BROWNS HAD A WORDMARK ON THEY DAMN LEG!

If there's not 5 worse matchups just among those dumpster fires I'll eat my hat.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Axiom Helmets | Riddell Newsroom

What really gets me about these helmets is how massive the cuts in them are and how that results in this weird two-tone (helmet color/black) effect. It almost all applications, this looks really weird with the logo decals.

I understand that the cuts are there ostensibly for player safety and impact reduction. I'm cool with that. But I'm also certain the way Riddell does these is a marketing thing. What they could do is make the material below the outer shell the same color as the shell. Then those cuts become way less noticeable. Instead, it's black. I'm guessing they would never do that by default because the specific shapes the cuts make are almost a logo or other such mark for Riddell. Those watching can identify the helmet brand even at distance because of its shape. While we've seen more variations in helmet shapes over the years, this one is particularly abrupt in its differences.

It's interesting to me how alien these look simply because the part of the facemask that goes around the top of the front of the helmet is missing.

• Like 4

On 10/2/2022 at 7:29 PM, ManillaToad said:

Panthers got it right from the beginning and I'm glad they never changed and then added a bunch of dopey alternative pieces and stopped wearing their best combination basically ever, and now no one can remember when they actually looked good.

Or this...

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

GettyImages-1243691550-e1664796540813.jp

Looking at that Washington uniform, this is what a college team would be wearing for military pretend month. All black, stealth camo on the pants and sleeve caps, fake Rangers design aesthetic on the front of the helmet and numbers on both sides of the helmets with contrasting sleeve patches. The lines across the back of the name plate aren't even the worst part of the whole design but they still stick out like a sore thumber on a Looney  Tunes cartoon. 

• Like 7

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

GettyImages-1243691550-e1664796540813.jp

Putting the whole racist name/logo thing aside and looking at it strictly from a uniform design standpoint, it's really sad to compare sunday's match up to what we saw 3 years ago.

spacer.png

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Here’s to hoping the Chargers go with yellow pants and Browns put on orange pants

Also, @canzman you’re missing the Packers

I would be fine with either team in colored pants, but both may be a bit much. I think the Browns will stick with white pants, but the Chargers will be back in yellow.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 8:31 PM, Cujo said:

Having recently learned about how things were back way back when, I have some questions...

- Were the mid-90s Eagles the first team to get their own 'non-standard-issue' helmet color?

- Did the Cowboys not have a bluish-silver, or was it the same standard silver used by the Raiders, Lions, etc?

- I always wondered if the 49ers and Saints has the same shade of gold. The Saints always looked a little more bronze-ish.

Not sure on the Eagles; the Cowboys silver does have a blueish tint to it, it's more noticeable if you put their helmet and a standard silver dome side by side, like so...

spacer.png Lastly, see for yourself...I recall reading an article about the time former Packers GM Ron Wolf was considering overhauling the uniforms and changing to a metallic gold...Wolf mentioned that the shade of gold he'd picked out was somehow distinct from what either the Niners or Saints were wearing at the time.

1193250206.0.jpg

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

37 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Not sure on the Eagles; the Cowboys silver does have a blueish tint to it, it's more noticeable if you put their helmet and a standard silver dome side by side, like so...

spacer.png Lastly, see for yourself...I recall reading an article about the time former Packers GM Ron Wolf was considering overhauling the uniforms and changing to a metallic gold...Wolf mentioned that the shade of gold he'd picked out was somehow distinct from what either the Niners or Saints were wearing at the time.

1193250206.0.jpg

Props for the info, but was actually asking if this was the case pre-90s -- back when the Giants and Rams were forced to use dark blue helmets with royal blue unis.

6uXNWAo.png