2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

2 hours ago, Sport said:

To finally use a black helmet and then make the choices they made in execution instead of some very obvious (to me) choices was disappointing. The single color stripes should've matched the shoulders and pants. Why they don't makes no sense. The single color logo with the whole color 10 inches away on the sleeves makes no sense. I know the logo without the keyline has been their brand standard since they redid it and I think it'd be fine if a different team tried the no keyline look, but that logo's details are too thin - it needs a key line!, the matte finish and therein the weird texture of the decals looks worse than gloss. Would've been easier to do a gloss helmet with glossy decals with stripes and logo that match the uniform it's sitting on. They went out of their way to look worse!

this guy understands!

i still prefer the silver helmet, but if they must have a black lid, have it match the rest of the uniform.  whether that means (simple fix) gloss black helmet, gloss decals with silver eyes and teeth accents , blue stripes outlined with silver... ok.  Even better, like ATLs bird decal let's use a metallic blue base for the blue in the decals. simple details to make it look like a pro team.

if they really want to go all "blackout", then use the 2-color logo throughout the full kit.  update jersey logos and stripes to no silver to match the special event helmet games.  the only trick would be contrasting jersey numbers since there is probably a guideline they must meet.  i still wouldn't like it, but at least it's a complete look.

• Like 5

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Two crappy teams playing in garbage uniforms. What a miserable viewing experience. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers the visuals/uniforms to be a contributing factor to the quality of the overall viewing experience as a football fan.

If two top teams are playing but wearing bad uniforms, my interest drops a bit.

The reverse is the same. If two subpar teams are playing, but the uniforms look nice together, I am a bit more interested than I would have been.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Holy crap those tiny ass tv numbers are killing me

FhPtPi6XwAEUu0B?format=jpg&name=large

I miss when they used to wear blue socks with this uniform and it actually looked good.

Also I don't think the helmet looks as good with the full uniform as it does/did on its own and up close.

• Like 7

Do Bucs pewter jerseys still exist or are they phasing them out in prep to be replaced by the throwbacks? Pretty sure they could have both if they wanted to but guess it’s not worth it if they’re going to wear white at home so much.

7 minutes ago, Froob said:

Do Bucs pewter jerseys still exist or are they phasing them out in prep to be replaced by the throwbacks? Pretty sure they could have both if they wanted to but guess it’s not worth it if they’re going to wear white at home so much.

Honestly, the pewter jersey is a really good alternate. The only problem I have is the absence of orange and black which requires the need for two pairs of pewter pants.

I hope it reappears this season.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Honestly, the pewter jersey is a really good alternate. The only problem I have is the absence of orange and black which requires the need for two pairs of pewter pants.

I hope it reappears this season.

Doesn't your second sentence invalidate your first?

I'm not trying to gotcha, but I need to understand that logic.

It's where I sit.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:35 PM, FiddySicks said:

Honestly the black helmet looks like :censored: on the Panthers. It’s disjointed without any silver, the decal itself has a weird texture to it compared to the helmets, and  even though it’s been almost a decade I’m still baffled that they just randomly decided to update that logo and nothing else. And I’m even more baffled that they decided to drop the key line. It looks like such trash. I get what they’re going for with the cat coming out of the shadows or whatever, but their execution of it is always been so miserably lazy. They made such subtle changes to that logo but they were all bad. The original logo isn’t fantastic, but it’s so much better than the current logo. 

I personally think Carolina has a lot to clean up with their entire identity.

I don't know if this is a hot take, but I do not like their use of silver and would much rather them drop it and just be a black/blue/white team. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Bucs-Seahawks is too dark. Seattle should’ve went with grey pants.

Did it seem like the broadcast itself was dark too?  I don't think it was just my TV (everything else looks perfect) but the broadcast didn't even look HD to me, and the ball had a motion-blur during passes, and even the audio was poor.  In some cases, both teams seemed like they were wearing almost black pants.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."