2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

I would not be surprised at all to see the Vikings go Color Rush on Thanksgiving.

Looking through their history, they've liked to wear them on Thursdays and late in the season. They aren't scheduled for another primetime home game, and there's only one with a chance of being flexed into it (vs NYG on Christmas Eve). 

There's a non-zero chance to the Thanksgiving primetime game is the Pats in white over grey against the Vikings in Color Rush.

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

I also expect to see Minnesota in Color Rush on Thanksgiving, unfortunately. I assume at least one team in the Bills Lions game will wear throwbacks.

Regarding Week 16, I don't think anything can be flexed aside from early games getting moved to late afternoon. Pretty sure all primtetime games are set in stone since there isn't a standard Sunday Night Football game.

I just have a hunch that the Lions might sneak out their throwbacks against the Bills this week.  We haven't seen them yet.

I thought it was odd for them to wait until the final home game in 2021 to wear them, but they really work for Thanksgiving. 

• Like 6

Oh no!  I totally forgot this was the Eagles all-black-everything game.  What a crime that it's happening against one of the classic sets. I guess maybe it would be even worse if it was against some team with train wreck uniforms that were in all-white, like Atlanta or Tennessee or someone.  At least the Packers will save it from being mono-dark vs mono-white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

This was their exact thought. It clearly was made specifically for this, but the ever cryptic rules which surround color rush meant that they couldn’t designate a new “color rush” until next year because apparently their current all-whites with the normal helmet was designated such a year ago. So they brought up the old color rush for it because it technically didn’t get bumped out of its alternate slot when they changed their other three jerseys. I think it’s designated now as a normal alternate that happens to be all white so maybe next year they can wear it with their current whites as intended, though I don’t know if designating the white helmet to their old now-normal alternate “color rush” started a new timer for when the new helmet can be designated to a different uniform. I don’t know, color rush is literally a make believe concept that the league decided is an integral part of uniform rotations in the most important sports enterprise in America for some reason. I don’t know.

Wouldn't the easiest solution have been to designate the white jersey + black pants as the primary road uniform, and make the white jersey + white pants look the alternate? That way they could use the white helmets with the all white alternate. 

The Texans wore their red helmets with white pants, so there's no rule that says alternate helmets can only be worn with colour rush uniforms.

13 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Wouldn't the easiest solution have been to designate the white jersey + black pants as the primary road uniform, and make the white jersey + white pants look as the alternate? That way they could use the white helmets with the all white alternate. 

The Texans wore their red helmets with white pants, so there's no rule that says alternate helmets can only be word with colour rush uniforms.

It's with alternate uniforms in general, not Color Rash. Every other Alt helmet team besides the Panthers are wearing their Alt helmets  with an Alt Jersey. The Panthers got around this by designating their Black Jersey/Black Pants/Black Socks as their other "Alternate," since their primary uniform is Black over Silver.

1 hour ago, TCRagnar said:

Since the NFL has said they will be honoring John Madden on Thanksgiving, we already know the Cowboys are rolling out their throwbacks, I'd like to see the Bills, Lions and Giants do the same.

Completely agree! While the eras won't necessarily match, seeing these combos would be cool.

spacer.png vs spacer.png

spacer.png vs spacer.png

This doesn't involve a Throwback but it involves Thanksgiving still, but I hope to god my Vikings don't wear their Color Rash, which they probably will, considering they've worn it for their past three TNF games. This would be a better matchup:

spacer.png vs spacer.png

We're probably gonna get the Patriots with Leotards and the Vikings with Color Rash or Mono-Purple knowing my luck. I hope not.

• Like 5

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, willforgetmylogin said:

Broncos are in blue pants again this weekend against Carolina.

1 hour ago, willforgetmylogin said:

They decided it weeks ago. You're gonna see them with the orange jerseys too.

[citation needed]

Seriously, though, you might be right about the pants, but I'm very skeptical about the jersey claim since the jersey schedule the Broncos released at the start of the season shows them wearing white this week: https://www.instagram.com/p/CiA3LdnPUV8/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

[citation needed]

Seriously, though, you might be right about the pants, but I'm very skeptical about the jersey claim since the jersey schedule the Broncos released at the start of the season shows them wearing white this week: https://www.instagram.com/p/CiA3LdnPUV8/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

I meant you are going to see blue pants with orange jerseys later in the season. Not this weekend. This weekend is white over blue.

(nevermind... misunderstood)

Edited by BBTV

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, willforgetmylogin said:

I meant you are going to see blue pants with orange jerseys later in the season. Not this weekend. This weekend is white over blue.

You haven't been correct about anything...ever...

Are the Broncos wearing blue jerseys more so than orange jerseys? Remember when you told us the Broncos would wear blue jerseys way more than orange??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Remember when you told us you saw the new uniform options before the team was sold? 

Are the Bengals helmets black with white stripes?  Remember when you thought you had a legit leak and it was a custom high school mini helmet? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.