2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

41 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The Raiders brought those jerseys back during the Color Rush program paired with white pants (which I don't believe they wore in the 60s, or ever). Therefore, they're Color Rash.

To-ma-to

To-mah-to

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Because they are a instant classic. The Honolulu blue and silver with no white is just beautiful. A classic, plain uniform from the late 1930's.

Without striping or logos, it just looks like someone in the Lions equipment department got lazy.

• Dislike 2

6uXNWAo.png

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I've truly never understood why people think these are so great.

I don’t really think they’re all that great, but I just really like the idea of teams wearing throwbacks on Thanksgiving. It just feels right.

If the Lions threw back to the Barry Sanders uniforms instead, I’d be just as fine with that.

• Like 11

For those of us old enough to remember ‘94, they looked great because we’d never seen solid socks before on an NFL uniform or as basic a style as that. 

But now with time, I think they look way too dull to be worn inside a lifeless warehouse. Maybe under natural light in a real stadium, but they completely clash with the soulless dome 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, BBTV said:

For those of us old enough to remember ‘94, they looked great because we’d never seen solid socks before on an NFL uniform or as basic a style as that. 

But now with time, I think they look way too dull to be worn inside a lifeless warehouse. Maybe under natural light in a real stadium, but they completely clash with the soulless dome 

The Silverdome wasn’t better. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

it was probably worse. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Jefferson is wearing black socks. That makes no sense whatsoever, but it breaks up the all purple look for those who hate that.

Black is a part of the Vikings color scheme because the facemask just ***HAD*** to be BFBS for no reason whatsoever.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

24 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Black is a part of the Vikings color scheme because the facemask just ***HAD*** to be BFBS for no reason whatsoever.

But, just like Ramsey wearing yellow socks, does not excuse a player not conforming to the rest of the team

• Like 3

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Socks are part of the uniform, not equipment they need to all be the same or it’s not a uniform anymore. The NFL needs to start enforcing their rules, and not by just fines because clearly the players don’t care. Have it be they can not exit the tunnel until they change, if they choose not to during every offensive drive their team gets a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty until everyone changes to the right uniform.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The lighting in the Silverdome was pretty bad. You wanna talk about things being soulless, well that place looked like a dungeon or a sound stage. Several NBA arenas had this problem too, like the Great Western Forum and Portland Coliseum. I don't completely hate how these places looked, there is a charm to things look dinky and old but we have giant TV's with 4k resolution now and can probably see every single crack in a building. Looking back on it now, it's actually wild how much better arena and stadium lighting has gotten.

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png