2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ties in the NFL seem to becoming more frequently occurring and that’s not a good thing 

This can't be terribly surprising when you consider that NFL overtime:

a) isn't total sudden death anymore, just sudden death under one condition.

b) is 10 minutes long instead of 15 minutes.

Both teams can exchange field goals, there's less time for multiple possessions...it just kinda is what it is. Personally, I've always preferred overtime to be a 4th quarter do-over, and you play a full 15 minutes and let the dust settle as it may, and if it's still tied after that, then you have a fair result. Sometimes a tie is the most appropriate outcome for a game because neither team really did enough to win the game outright.

• Like 4

spacer.png

That game had no business being on SNF; don't know what they were thinking before the season.

I don't blame them for leaving it in however, because they can only flex out so many games. There are a couple of bad looking matchups down the stretch that they probably didn't anticipate.

• Like 2

Just now, Dynasty said:

That game had no business being on SNF; don't know what they were thinking before the season.

I don't blame them for leaving it in however, because they can only flex out so many games.

Also it was the Cowboys, no way they get flexed out unless they too were also a really bad team, which they are not.  

• Like 2

I’m ready to be hurt again. I’m declaring that these Cowboys are officially good.

Are the Colts good? No, but the Cowboys have played really… meh tonight, made some dumb mistakes, d***ed around a bit and still blew the ever living crap out of the Colts. Don’t normally see this at the NFL level. Certainly not from Dallas. Not in my lifetime as a fan.

Will this translate into postseason success? It’s the Cowboys so probably not. But considering how the Cowboys season began with that awful loss to Tampa and seemed to be heading into a lost season without Dak, this team has certainly turned that around. 

Also, and this is hard to believe, but the Cowboys are now one win away from their first back-to-back seasons with 10+ wins since the 1995-1996 seasons. An impressive stretch of mediocrity IMO.

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I don't blame them for leaving it in however, because they can only flex out so many games... and there are a couple of bad looking matchups down the stretch.

This is the schedule the rest of the way:

• Sunday, Dec. 11 (Week 14) – Dolphins at Chargers
  • Sunday, Dec. 18 (Week 15) – Patriots at Raiders
  • Sunday, Dec. 25 (Week 16) – Buccaneers at Cardinals
  • Sunday, Jan. 1 (Week 17) – Rams at Chargers
  • Sunday, Jan. 8 (Week 18) – Matchup TBD

Good options for week 18 include: Cowboys at Commanders, Jets and Dolphins, Giants at Eagles, and Ravens at Bengals.

Of the remaining scheduled games, Rams/Chargers is probably another flex, too. Dolphins/Pats seems like the only game that week worth flexing. Maybe Cleveland/Washington too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

51 minutes ago, Kooky01 said:

Can I safely say that the Snatit have the AFC South pretty much gift wrapped?

(They can totally Snatit it too at this point)

And that would be about the most Santitest thing ever.

(But yeah, they definitely got the AFC South gift-wrapped in green and yellow paper with a recyclable bow...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't know how the Bengals keep beating Kansas City, but it's very fun. This is all I ever asked for as a fan - to be in big games and watch the team perform well in big games*. Not confident that they'll be able to survive the gauntlet that will be the AFC path to the Super Bowl and make it back, and if I were a gambler I'd take the field, but I can confidently say that the team is better now on December 5th, 2022 than they were on December 5th, 2021. It's a more sustainable and repeatable way of playing. 

For no reason I'm thinking about how Bill Barnwell's preseason preview of the 16 teams with the best chance to win the Super Bowl didn't include the AFC Champion Bengals. He did include the Colts, Cardinals, Rams, and Browns, though!

*as opposed to the Marvin Lewis era when they'd find themselves in big games and then every starter on both sides of the ball would get simultaneous brain diarrhea and forget who they are and how to play football.

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

This really feels like Dallas' year, especially now that SF is likely out of the running, Minnesota is smoke and mirrors, and no one believes in Philly that doesn't like in the metro area. I've seen Dallas collapse before, but they seem to just win. And, lately, win big.

Is there anything to be said for KC having losses to its two biggest rivals in the AFC? Cincinnati seems to be peaking at the right time; the Buffalo game is going to be so big for playoffs seeding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

38 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This really feels like Dallas' year, especially now that SF is likely out of the running,

I wouldn’t say that about SF, they could pull a 2017-18 Philly and rock all the way with their backup to a Super Bowl.

Granted, Foles was considerably more experienced than Purdy is, but it’s doable. Especially with how talented SF’s roster is.