2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Tee Higgins has worked with in the past with the Greenville, SC Boys & Girls Club of America. If anybody has the wish and/or the ability to make a donation, especially in increments of $5, $8.50, or (lol) $85 (#5 was his jersey number at Clemson; you guys can figure out the other two) do feel free to do so. Damar Hamlin's charitable cause has gotten a very large amount of attention, not for the greatest of reasons but it's an incredible outpouring of support that we all hope he will soon have the opportunity to appreciate, and it would almost surely be of great appreciation for Tee Higgins as well, with the ill-deserved guilt he's probably feeling, for a cause that's means something to him to receive something good from this as well.

Here's a link to donate. Thanks!

• Like 5

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

At this point play out week 18, then if necessary move everything up a week to replay the game for "week 19" and eliminate the bye before the Super Bowl.

The only way the postponed game will not have an effect on the standings is if KC loses, BUF wins, and CIN ties. I guess they could wait and see if that happens, but ties are obviously very rare.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

5 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

The only way the postponed game will not have an effect on the standings is if KC loses, BUF wins, and CIN ties. I guess they could wait and see if that happens, but ties are obviously very rare.

Are they? We’ve seen an uptick in occurrences in recent years. Including two ties this season (IND-HOU, NYG-WAS)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Yeah, Tee Higgins is receiving death threats for something completely out of his control. People are vile.

Right before that play, I posted on this very board that Cincinnati was playing dirty. Everything's relative, of course, but the Cleveland TE knocked one defensive player out of the game, and then a lineman took a swipe at Josh Allen's ankle and groin area.

However, Tee Higgins didn't do anything wrong. He hit Hamlin with a ton of force, but that's every tackle in every game; if you aren't trying to get a physical advantage, you're not going to be successful.

There's always an unhinged death threat crowd for basically everything. It's obsence and evidence of a diseased culture.

The only people that have the right to be truly upset are the players in the game, the team staff, and their families. Everyone watching at home should chill.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Unfortunately we have people like Bart Scott ( former Ravens linebacker who still has a grudge against the Bengals) who are not only lying about what happened, but attempting to blame blame on a  man who’s going through extreme guilt trauma right now. 
And just for the record, Scott has said some outrageous things before, including asking his former team to place a bounty on Joe Burrow (a la the Saints and Brett Farve).

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Unfortunately we have people like Bart Scott ( former Ravens linebacker who still has a grudge against the Bengals) who are not only lying about what happened, but attempting to blame blame on a  man who’s going through extreme guilt trauma right now. 

I think you're miscasting this a little bit. This is a source I found for Bart Scott's comments: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bart-scott-accused-tee-higgins-of-lowering-his-helmet-on-damar-hamlin-hit-on-first-take/ar-AA15VPyz

And more specifically,

Offensive players can't use the crown of their head - helmet - as a weapon, which is kind of what Tee Higgins did and I'm not trying to put the blame on Tee Higgins, but that's something that they tried to take out...

Right before the tackle he lowers his helmet and he kind of throws his body into his chest. He's standing up because he thinks he has to chase Tee Higgens at an angle to make a tackle so he didn't expect Tee Higgins to launch his body back into him.

The article I linked characterizes those comments as "incredibly messed up," but I don't see it that way. To me, Tee did lower his head and pop Hamlin with his helmet....but so does nearly every offensive player in a situation like that. 

No one goes on a football field looking to stop people's hearts. But sometimes it's important to reflect on what dangerous plays continue to be legal in the game and whether they actually should be. Offensive players continue to have a different rulebook than defensive players.

I already pointed out that the Bengals TE knocked a Bills defensive player out on the first drive; I can't find the video, but under the guise of blocking, he drove the player backwards and into the ground. There's a block, and then there's a dangerous block.

Football is a dangerous game, and it's worth looking again at how balanced the rulebook is to support safe play. I would say that right now, it's not balanced.

Put another way, if Hamlin had come into Higgins the way Higgins came into Hamlin, it would have been a penalty, and probably rightly so.

• Like 2

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Bart Scott having a terrible take isn’t exactly something I’m unfamiliar with. But holy crap he really went over the line this time. If you’re going to call a hit dirty, you better have irrefutable evidence, especially in a situation where a dirty hit could become involuntary manslaughter.

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think you're miscasting this a little bit. This is a source I found for Bart Scott's comments: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bart-scott-accused-tee-higgins-of-lowering-his-helmet-on-damar-hamlin-hit-on-first-take/ar-AA15VPyz

And more specifically,

The article I linked characterizes those comments as "incredibly messed up," but I don't see it that way. To me, Tee did lower his head and pop Hamlin with his helmet....but so does nearly every offensive player in a situation like that. 

No one goes on a football field looking to stop people's hearts. But sometimes it's important to reflect on what dangerous plays continue to be legal in the game and whether they actually should be. Offensive players continue to have a different rulebook than defensive players.

I already pointed out that the Bengals TE knocked a Bills defensive player out on the first drive; I can't find the video, but under the guise of blocking, he drove the player backwards and into the ground. There's a block, and then there's a dangerous block.

Football is a dangerous game, and it's worth looking again at how balanced the rulebook is to support safe play. I would say that right now, it's not balanced.

Put another way, if Hamlin had come into Higgins the way Higgins came into Hamlin, it would have been a penalty, and probably rightly so.

I disagree. Higgins led with his shoulder directly in Hamlin’s left breastplate. Higgins head was almost turned away, as the right side of his helmet hit Hamlin’s chest, not the crown.

Not only was Scott’s assessment wrong, I highly doubt he was not intending to blame Higgins, given his past statements and overall state of mind.

Football is dangerous (as we’re all aware of right now) and continuous hits to the head over time will affect brain function. Given that Bart Scott played a decade at linebacker, this assumption is likely accurate.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Bart Scott having a terrible take isn’t exactly something I’m unfamiliar with. But holy crap he really went over the line this time. If you’re going to call a hit dirty, you better have irrefutable evidence, especially in a situation where a dirty hit could become involuntary manslaughter.

Did he really call it dirty though? That's not what I saw. Though admittedly, I don't watch First Take and I don't see a lot of the sports talk video.

Higgins lowered his helmet/shoulder and popped Hamlin right in the chest. The screen cap above looks different than the head on perspective, but I'm tried of looking at grainy video on Twitter that shows Hamlin collapsing right after the hit.

I think the point is defenders can't legally make that movement but offensive players get away with it. If I'm off with that interpretation, I'm happy to be wrong. 

15 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Did he really call it dirty though? That's not what I saw. Though admittedly, I don't watch First Take and I don't see a lot of the sports talk video.

Directly call it dirty? No. Contextually when he’s talking about how “hits like that have been taken out of the game but they aren’t enforced like they should be”? I’m leaning towards yes. Now, he certainly gave himself enough room to say “No, I actually meant this!” but in my opinion, he was implying that it was a dirty hit.

• Like 1

Whether he called him dirty or not he's still essentially faulting him for what was a fluke occurrence.  Higgins probably already feels like :censored: for something that wasn't even his fault.  Eff Bart Scott. 

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

His family spoke to some supporters holding signs outside the hospital this evening. They said he is still sedated and on a ventilator but the good news is his need for oxygen is down to 50%, where as last night it was at 100, so good sign.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

30 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

So has there been any update on Hamlin yet or is he still critical? 

I don't think that any update that doesn't come from either 1) his family, 2) the friend / agent guy, or 3) the Bills can be taken with anything more than a grain of salt.

Joseyna (sp?) Anderson was tweeting stuff out earlier from "sources" - I'd question any "source" that's giving her inside information about a patient that's sedated in an ICU.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."