2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

6 hours ago, Discrim said:

And @infrared41 has finally revealed his IRL identity....Chris Berman :D 

The 1990 49ers - Bills Super Bowl would have been a classic. The Niners going for three in a row against the up and coming, feel good story Bills. Montana, Rice, and Craig against  Kelly, Thomas, and Reed. Both defenses were really good. Everyone wanted that match up. Instead we got Bill Parcells, ball control, fountain of youth Ottis Anderson, and discount, broke ass Walmart Phil Simms AKA Jeff Hostetler. Not to mention, the uniforms made it look like an intrasquad scrimmage.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Bengals clearly being helped by playing in camouflage.

Also, the Bills can't stop :censored: and the Bengals play calling is masterful. Feeling right now = bad :(

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Unpopular opinion - I don't like snow games. Yeah, they look cool, but I'd much rather have good field conditions and high quality play.

Carry on.

I get what you mean, especially in the playoffs. Buffalo on a cloudless fall day is one of my favorite settings in football. But I'll take confounding weather conditions over the tombs in New Orleans or formerly St. Louis.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Unpopular opinion - I don't like snow games. Yeah, they look cool, but I'd much rather have good field conditions and high quality play.

Carry on.

The good news is it's too warm to really stick, so it shouldn't get any worse.

19 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Carry on.

I totally agree.  It sucks to have a season come down to the randomness of someone slipping on snow, when hundreds of millions have been spent on the team, and the emotional and financial investment the fans put in.  It also sucks to build a team a certain way only to have to play a totally different way because of a snow storm (but I get the other side of that argument too.)

I've done a total 180 on my stance on roofs.  I think all new stadiums should have retractable coverings.  Not necessarily full domes - I don't care if players or fans are cold - but something to at least keep the field clean and the players safe.

EDIT:

I still don't want neutral site CGs.  It kinda compensates for the loss of the 2nd bye, but I still don't want it.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Huh.  I thought the NFL had decided at some point that if it basically looked like a catch they weren’t going to go over it with that super slow mo fine toothed comb. There were a few high profile overturns of what looked obvious touchdown, and the thought was they should avoid that going forward.

I guess not. 

At this point they're basically just spinning a wheel to determine what a catch is. Consistency has never been the NFL's strong suit (at least when it comes to enforcing rules). 

Surprised with how the game is going so far. Bills look like the team playing with a backup O-line.

KC could still beat either team right now I think. Their pass rush is better than Buffalos, which would cause Cincy some problems they aren't facing right now. Buffalo's defense has been pretty damn soft too, so KC would have no problem carving it up.

24 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Huh.  I thought the NFL had decided at some point that if it basically looked like a catch they weren’t going to go over it with that super slow mo fine toothed comb. There were a few high profile overturns of what looked obvious touchdown, and the thought was they should avoid that going forward.

I guess not. 

Could be homerism, but I don't think that was a particularly close call. He barely had it, the ball was moving as he brought it down, and it ended up on the ground.