2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

10 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Hoping the Niners straight up embarrass Dallas today, but I think the Niners are probably going to be the embarrassed ones today 

The Cowboys beat up on a really bad, sub-.500  Bucs team last week. This week they actually have to play a real playoff team. I think you'll be happy with the results.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

I need more beer to quell these nerves. 

I'm being totally serious here. I miss getting that nervous about games. Back in the day with the 80's Browns, it was fun, stress, and misery all rolled into one and I'd happily go back and do it all again. Good times.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

🎯

This only tempts the league/owners more to see how a neutral-site title game shakes out, how much revenue it crates for them. I don't see them making it a permanent thing right away, but giving it a try for one or two seasons.

But I don't see how it would generate more revenue than the current system.  Playoff gate is shared (after operating expenses), so there's no difference between a neutral site  other than if the host cities have to bid (i.e. pay the league) to host.

So unless I'm missing something big (which is possible), I'm not sure why owners would even want it due to potential competitive advantages some teams could have -

Currently there's what - 6ish cities in the SB rotation?  So despite it happening twice in a row, it's still a very slim chance that a team would play the SB in its home stadium.  For neutral-site CGs, I'm assuming it'll be a similar rotation (maybe work in some of the domes in non-SB-caliber cities like Indy, Minn, Detroit).  So unless they host the AFC game in an NFC stadium and vice versa, the chances of a team playing a "neutral" game in its home stadium is much higher.  The teams who wouldn't be in the rotation (cold weather teams with outdoor stadiums) should be opposed to this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

But I don't see how it would generate more revenue than the current system.  Playoff gate is shared (after operating expenses), so there's no difference between a neutral site  other than if the host cities have to bid (i.e. pay the league) to host.

So unless I'm missing something big (which is possible), I'm not sure why owners would even want it due to potential competitive advantages some teams could have -

Currently there's what - 6ish cities in the SB rotation?  So despite it happening twice in a row, it's still a very slim chance that a team would play the SB in its home stadium.  For neutral-site CGs, I'm assuming it'll be a similar rotation (maybe work in some of the domes in non-SB-caliber cities like Indy, Minn, Detroit).  So unless they host the AFC game in an NFC stadium and vice versa, the chances of a team playing a "neutral" game in its home stadium is much higher.  The teams who wouldn't be in the rotation (cold weather teams with outdoor stadiums) should be opposed to this.

Even though you're not missing anything, you're missing it.  Cities would bid for the ability to host, and would likely need sufficient hotel rooms and the like in order to bid.

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Even though you're not missing anything, you're missing it.  Cities would bid for the ability to host, and would likely need sufficient hotel rooms and the like in order to bid.

Which every Super Bowl/destination city has. Which makes this a non-issue. Green Bay would the one of the only cities towns with this problem.

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Which every Super Bowl/destination city has. Which makes this a non-issue. Green Bay would the one of the only cities towns with this problem.

Sure - but also eliminated due to weather are New England, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, among possibly others.

Glad to see I hit a nerve 🙂

• LOL 1

It's where I sit.

This is how the Cowboys have lost basically every divisional round game in the last 27 years (save for Minnesota in ‘09 and LA in ‘18). Just self inflicted plays giving the other team points. 

Dak has to stop throwing picks. Good thing the defense is absolutely balling, but the offense is going to have to produce some points to win. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sure - but also eliminated due to weather are New England, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, among possibly others.

Glad to see I hit a nerve 🙂

You haven't hit a nerve. Just that you're going on about hotels being a problem as a reason no to do neutral-site CCGs. It's not an issue cause there are plenty of cities who can be in the host rotation.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

Has the old “fake going for it on 4th down to get the other team to jump offsides” ever worked?  Like in history?  Ever?

Believe it or not, yes. I'm almost positive the Browns fell for it a few years ago. Then again, if something really stupid happens in a game, the Browns are usually involved.

• Sad 1

BB52Big.jpg