2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Bears and Broncos need to be completely off primetime until further notice.

Broncos on MNF this week! America's darlings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This game has been brutal. Arguably worse than last week’s TNF

Chicago threw away at least 10, possibly 14 pints in the first half and I'm glad I had to go pick someone up from the airport to miss the second half of that miserable game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As usual, the Bears are who we thought they were. Trey Lance slipped in a mud puddle and basically died, so people thought maybe they wouldn't be so bad, but they're really bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

21 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No, thank goodness 🙂

Patriots

I'm shocked! Last night excepted, it feels like the only time I have to see the Bears on national TV is for divisional games, and generally Green Bay.

How is this two weeks in a row a crap team goes from TNF to MNF? I appreciate the extra days of rest, I guess. But otherwise, 🤮

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

#3 media market and who we thought would be a exciting young quarterback (oops, can't make throws).

I think the Bears had national games against the Packers and Patriots in the second Marc Trestman year, too. It was that Packers game on Sunday night.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This was my first time watching Fields play.  Looked like every single play was a fire drill - hard to say if it was because the Bears receivers suck, Washington's defense is great, or Fields doesn't know what he's doing and has to run just to compensate for his own lack of football acumen.  

He's obviously a great athlete, but that only lasts until your first major knee injury or till you hit a certain age.  If their offense is built on his ability to scramble and run because the he can't make the right reads, that's going to be a disaster for the Bears - which seems par for the course for them.  I think the league is better when the legacy teams are great - and unfortunately it's been a long time for the Bears, and doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

The shame of it is that the Eagles have shown that a crafty GM - one who's a legit accountant and not a "football guy" - can turn it around on a dime - even when saddled with a QB on a huge contract and other 1st-round mistakes.  The Bears need one those types of GMs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

This was my first time watching Fields play.  Looked like every single play was a fire drill - hard to say if it was because the Bears receivers suck, Washington's defense is great, or Fields doesn't know what he's doing and has to run just to compensate for his own lack of football acumen.  

He's obviously a great athlete, but that only lasts until your first major knee injury or till you hit a certain age.  If their offense is built on his ability to scramble and run because the he can't make the right reads, that's going to be a disaster for the Bears - which seems par for the course for them.  I think the league is better when the legacy teams are great - and unfortunately it's been a long time for the Bears, and doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

The shame of it is that the Eagles have shown that a crafty GM - one who's a legit accountant and not a "football guy" - can turn it around on a dime - even when saddled with a QB on a huge contract and other 1st-round mistakes.  The Bears need one those types of GMs.

Justin Fields is who we thought Lamar Jackson was pre-2019. Great athlete, but subpar accursacy, arm strength, and passing IQ.  That won't work in the playoffs, and eventually that style if play will fail when teams stop the running game, or as you mentioned, that player gets old and/or gets hurt.

Also, the Bears recievers aren't terrible. They have Equimenous St.Brown, Darnell Mooney, and Cole Kmet at TE, three decent pass catchers. It's his IQ or his lack of trust in said recievers.  He missed this open receiver and took a nine yard sack on this play:

justin-fieldsjfif.webp

I can't even blame Field's that much. Lawrence, Trask, Zach Wilson,  Mac Jones, they all would have turned out nearly the same way if The Bears drafted them instead. 

Likewise  Fields would probably look better if he was drafted by the Patriots or another team.