2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They're going to give Mahomes as many chances as he needs at this one, huh.

Of course they are--we already know what it is!

This is another reason why Tennessee needed to actually score points and capitalize more on all those defensive stops earlier in the game. Now they got Malik Willis in a pressure-cooker situation...as if it's gonna matter. Tennessee isn't doing anything with this drive, and KC will go right back down the field and win this thing. Mark it down.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Aiight, I was wrong...sorta. This thing is going to an extra frame. Maybe the Snatit will lose the game there.

Side note: when was the last time KC actually lost in overtime??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Aaaaannnnnddd the rookie doing rookie things to close out the inevitable result. I mean granted, the playcalling did Willis no favors (nor did his receivers), but still...even the Andorians saw this result coming. The killing thing is I don't think Tannehill would have done much if any better in that frame...Snatit still gonna Snatit.

Todd Downing has got to go after this season...dude cannot call an efficient offense to save his life.

• Like 2

So when the NFL head coaches had their summit earlier this year, did they all agree to remove the Hail Mary from the offensive playbook and instead agree to implement laterals a million times at the end of the game?  There's been a lack of Hail Mary plays this season.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Aaaaannnnnddd the rookie doing rookie things to close out the inevitable result. I mean granted, the playcalling did Willis no favors (nor did his receivers), but still...even the Andorians saw this result coming. The killing thing is I don't think Tannehill would have done much if any better in that frame...Snatit still gonna Snatit.

Todd Downing has got to go after this season...dude cannot call an efficient offense to save his life.

What he said

xFUdNmt.png

The second Mahomes broke off on that huge 3rd&15 run and got it, I knew the Titans were going to choke the game away.

Whenever he's able to pull :censored: like that out of his ass, the Chiefs usually end up winning. 

I wonder if the Titans regret trading AJ Brown now? I bet they wish they had a solid receiver like him to throw the ball to occasionally.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

The second Mahomes broke off on that huge 3rd&15 run and got it, I knew the Titans were going to choke the game away.

I knew the game was over when Tennessee could only muster three points off that gift interception Travis Kelce dropped straight into #20's hands.

To that point--and its worth reviewing--KC, or rather Butker, left four points on the field: a missed PAT and missed FG; otherwise Tennessee would have been playing with a four-point lead, a fact which I'm sure was completely lost on Todd Downing, much like how to scheme an actual efficient offense. But I'll deal with that tangent later, because...

Whenever he's able to pull :censored: like that out of his ass, the Chiefs usually end up winning. 

No doubt! Credit where credit is due, though: Mahomes definitely has that magic in him, and it's frustrating as heck when he finds that groove and gets it going. It did NOT help at all, though, that so many Tennessee defenders kept tripping at his feet once they got within arm's reach of him. Even one of those guys actually manage to tackle him in space and it might've been a different game.

I wonder if the Titans regret trading AJ Brown now? I bet they wish they had a solid receiver like him to throw the ball to occasionally.  

Tennessee needs an overhaul of wide outs, period--but, this problem is compounded by two things: 1), it seems Jon Robinson and Mike Vrabel are hellbent on replicating the "Patriot Way" in Tennessee in hopes of replicating the success Belichick & Co. enjoyed up there in New England--an inherent part of which includes rotating role players throughout the system, very few of whom were big-name stars (Randy Moss was really it up there for the longest time, aside from Brady himself on the offensive side); and 2) that doggone Downing. It wouldn't matter if AJ Brown was still there along with a healthy Julio Jones and the doppelgangers of both Derrick Mason and Frank Wycheck--if your OC can't scheme properly to get guys open in space OR call an efficient game plan ro keep defenses on their toes, all that would be mostly for naught. That Derrick Henry has had the success he's had is in spite of Downing, not because of it. And because no team in the league respects Tennessee's offense aside from King Henry himself, they can just load up the box (like KC did last night) and hope to stop or slow him down, to varying results.

Which leads me to THE most glaring issue with Downing and his offensive playcalling: someone tell me how in the two-tone-blue heck does Henry only touch the ball SEVEN times in the second half??? How was that legally allowed?? Even with stacking the box KC had trouble containing Henry...and then that?? And the last offensive drive of regulation, Henry wasn't out there ONCE. Hey um, earth to Downing: that's a rookie QB you got out there, along with receivers who apparently couldn't have caught briers let alone balls last night...at least present the appearance of an offensive threat to the defense. Not having Henry on the field at all let everyone know you were going RPO with an obviously unprovensignal caller. Predictable as all get-out--and thats been the main issue the past two seasons: predictable playcalling. And inefficient predictable playcalling at that. Yet for some reason, Vrabel is sticking with him. (Probably worth reminding that this Downing guy is the same OC under which Derek Carr regressed some in 2018 before the Raiders fired him.) 

This Snatit team as presently constructed has the ghosts of Jeff Fisher all through it...but it's actually giving me Tony Dungy-era Buccaneers vibes: dominant defense, especially along the D-line, dominant running game but no kind of efficient offense otherwise (along with a string of inept OCs), and because of that, their window is gonna shut real quick, and Vrabel who to his credit has his guys playing hard and together, at least on defense, is gonna eventually take the axe for it. (This whole situation may also compound into Henry eventually hitting a wall from being overworked--when he is on the field, that is--and probably frustrated himself at the lack of other offensive help.)

/rant

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So when the NFL head coaches had their summit earlier this year, did they all agree to remove the Hail Mary from the offensive playbook and instead agree to implement laterals a million times at the end of the game?  There's been a lack of Hail Mary plays this season.  

It's funny how this explosion of basing decisions on analytics has coincided with ditching the Hail Mary in favor of a play that has worked twice in the history of the NFL

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Why does it feel like the Chiefs are always playing at home? I know they're not, but it feels like all their big games are at Arrowhead.

This was their third primetime home game this season. The Bengals get to play three primetime road games against divisional opponents. Seems fair. 

14 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Joe Mixon with 5 touchdowns today for the Bengals. Its like the Panthers didnt even bother to study game video of him

He was like the worst ranked running back in the league in terms of yards per carry and tackles missed. This performance really came out of nowhere. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png