2023 World Baseball Classic

raysox

The logo feels like a bit of a downgrade, if only because there’s no longer anything to signify “baseball” in it anymore. Now it sort of just looks like a variation on Google Photos.

I’m curious to see if Nike will end up taking over most of the uniforms, though.

• Applause 1

20 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

The logo feels like a bit of a downgrade, if only because there’s no longer anything to signify “baseball” in it anymore. Now it sort of just looks like a variation on Google Photos.

I’m curious to see if Nike will end up taking over most of the uniforms, though.

It looks like an app icon probably because an app will come out with that as the icon during the competition to stream stuff on that is separate from MLB

1 hour ago, kmccarthy27 said:

It looks like an app icon probably because an app will come out with that as the icon during the competition to stream stuff on that is separate from MLB

I wouldn’t doubt it. I just think the old logo could have worked just as well even if that’s what they wanted to do. Either that, or maybe fit a baseball shape within the center circle of the new one.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 12:57 AM, mamiller99 said:

Can we pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please get an updated Team USA look please? Thanks

They desperately need an update. Their look reeks of the early 2000’s.

• Like 4

On 7/8/2022 at 12:57 AM, mamiller99 said:

Can we pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please get an updated Team USA look please? Thanks

I'm just hoping that the team with the the best-looking uniform, China, doesn't change its design, as I just bought a China cap. (I haven't received it yet. I really don't like buying fitted cats online, due to wild inconsistencies in sizing. But the seller promised that I could return the cap if it doesn't fit.)

Even if China does change, the cap will still be beautiful. Nevertheless, I would prefer that it be both beautiful and current.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I'm just hoping that the team with the the best-looking uniform, China, doesn't change its design, as I just bought a China cap. (I haven't received it yet. I really don't like buying fitted cats online, due to wild inconsistencies in sizing. But the seller promised that I could return the cap if it doesn't fit.)

Even if China does change, the cap will still be beautiful. Nevertheless, I would prefer that it be both beautiful and current.

This is why I like erring on the side of being smaller. You can always buy a hat stretcher and stretch it to your needs. Much harder going the other way.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, AnPheitseog said:

This is why I like erring on the side of being smaller. You can always buy a hat stretcher and stretch it to your needs. Much harder going the other way.

Opposite for me. I have a hat stretcher and it only temporarily works. Always seems to shrink back down. Did it on a 39thirty hat that I left it in and forgot about for almost 2 months. All my hats start to shrink after wearing them for awhile, anyway, so I need to go bigger so they fit better longer.

Are the uniforms still done by Majestic? I'd be all for a City Connect type design for every team. Baseball is huge in these countries and a little creativity would go a long way and they would sell a crap ton of merch. I'm so sick of all these international tournaments all using templated designs that just swap out colors and call it a day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VDizzle12 said:

Are the uniforms still done by Majestic? I'd be all for a City Connect type design for every team. Baseball is huge in these countries and a little creativity would go a long way and they would sell a crap ton of merch. I'm so sick of all these international tournaments all using templated designs that just swap out colors and call it a day.

Nike is the MLB provider now, so i wouldnt be shocked if they provide the WBC uniforms too.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 7:26 AM, TBGKon said:

Nike is the MLB provider now, so i wouldnt be shocked if they provide the WBC uniforms too.

EDIT: I thought Nike outfitted most of the Olympic teams, but there were a few different brands involved. I'd like the multiple manufacturers to be the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.  

U.S. Olympic Baseball Team Loses To Japan, Leaving Tight Path To Gold :  Live Updates: The Tokyo Olympics : NPR

World Baseball Softball Confederation

Israel falls to South Korea in Olympic baseball debut - Los Angeles Times

Mexico Makes Its Olympic Baseball Debut Against the Dominican Republic -  The New York Times

Julio Rodriguez's Game-Winner Lifts Dominican Republic, Eliminates Canada  From Olympics Contention

Canadian men to play Olympic baseball qualifier in June at Florida | CBC  Sports

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Those New Zealand hats are awesome.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I like the look of New Zealand's jerseys

I don't care for the jerseys at all, but the hat is beautiful. I have WBC hats of China and Italy, and I might have to add New Zealand to that set.  

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...