2023 World Baseball Classic

raysox

41 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Are we sure this is valid?  I would doubt Adidas is making the jerseys.  I know Japan has their own manufacturers deal, but wouldnt Nike make the WBC unis?

Harold Reynolds was wearing one this morning on Hot Stove to showcase the new jersey. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

• LOL 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Harold Reynolds was wearing one this morning on Hot Stove to showcase the new jersey. 

Oh wow.  Guess maybe the Nike contract didn’t carry over to the WBC.  Majestic seemed to have done most of the previous WBC uniforms (minus hats)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I'd like to call particular attention to the new Netherlands hat. The logo is, uhh, "quite similar" to the logo of the city of Charlotte... 🤔 

While they are quite similar, there are only so many ways to draw a simplistic queen's crown. This logo seems to have been in use for at least almost a decade according to a quick google search, so if it's been acceptable for this long, it shouldn't be a copyright or trademark problem. Plus, since the original crown mark for Charlotte was designed for the city flag, it automatically falls under public domain like any other flag would.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

58 minutes ago, insert name said:

do the flags have to be that big?

That large flags as well as the gray underbrim make me think this might not be real.  I know the 59Fifty BP and spring training caps have the gray, but usually they on-field caps are black underbrim.

36 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

While they are quite similar, there are only so many ways to draw a simplistic queen's crown. This logo seems to have been in use for at least almost a decade according to a quick google search, so if it's been acceptable for this long, it shouldn't be a copyright or trademark problem. Plus, since the original crown mark for Charlotte was designed for the city flag, it automatically falls under public domain like any other flag would.

Actually, it wasn't - it's placed on the civil flag (not the city flag, that's the blue one with the Cross of Andrew and the seal on it) but the logo is a "registered service mark" of the City of Charlotte. For quite a while they were extremely strict about not letting non-governmental entities use it, but they've loosened up the past few years when they realized what a good marketing tool it is. I wouldn't say if it's acceptable or not given the City may not know about it (or, they may not want to waste money on a suit).

https://www.charlotteiscreative.com/the-queen-citys-crown-saga/

https://charlottenc.gov/Charlotte-Communications-and-Marketing/Pages/City Logo Guidelines.aspx

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

The United States WBC uniforms are so bad. They definitely look like 2003 and in this case, 20 years of service does not make them classics by any stretch. There’s way too much going on. The US needs a simple, classic baseball uniform that never has to be updated to keep up with the times. You’d at least think they’d have changed by now to sell some more merch. I’d go for a classic block USA monogram on the cap. Something Dodgers-esque with navy and red might be a cool look. Anything classic looking would be better than the dreadful crap they’re currently wearing

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

The United States WBC uniforms are so bad. They definitely look like 2003 and in this case, 20 years of service does not make them classics by any stretch. There’s way too much going on. The US needs a simple, classic baseball uniform that never has to be updated to keep up with the times. You’d at least think they’d have changed by now to sell some more merch. I’d go for a classic block USA monogram on the cap. Something Dodgers-esque with navy and red might be a cool look. Anything classic looking would be better than the dreadful crap they’re currently wearing

The US cap logo is atrociously outdated. An interlocking US would look so much better. I saw a version of something like that years ago but can't find it now.

ff_2680499alt1_full.jpg%26w=900&f=1&nofb

Of course, I don't think anything can match the beauty of the DR's cap (either version). Though I've always been fond of Mexico's as well.

161_c45b5d5e-a3b4-4102-b1a9-87f2263a5777

3855157_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1%26wid=500%2

• Like 5