MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

I agree with @TBGKon in thinking that monochrome generally looks best with the darkest & lightest colors, vibrant middle shades are usually a bit much, Cleveland’s red & Baltimore’s orange being prime examples. 

Of the monochrome uniforms MLB has had recently, specifically within the City Connect program, I think Arizona, Colorado, Houston, and both Chicago teams work because they’re either really dark or really light.

The Dodgers, on the other hand, seem to be a bit much because their shade is more in the middle ground. 

• Like 4

Couple questions here. When did the Rangers switched from light blue to royal blue on their alt jersey trim? Also, do we know if they dropped their awful light blue alts considering Nike new rule?

Edit: They dropped the red jerseys and kept the light blues. Terrible choice...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2023/02/24/out-with-red-in-with-new-a-quick-history-of-rangers-uniforms-and-the-next-era/%3foutputType=amp

spacer.png

D2Q6KRBPZJAZRHR5TMDMGZMNFM.jpg

14 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Couple questions here. When did the Rangers switched from light blue to royal blue on their alt jersey trim? Also, do we know if they dropped their awful light blue alts considering Nike new rule?

Edit: They dropped the red jerseys and kept the light blues. Terrible choice...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2023/02/24/out-with-red-in-with-new-a-quick-history-of-rangers-uniforms-and-the-next-era/%3foutputType=amp

spacer.png

D2Q6KRBPZJAZRHR5TMDMGZMNFM.jpg

That is weird. With their 2020 makeover, it looked like the Rangers were trying to embrace light blue as a team color in a sense. Now with it absent from the striping, you would think the team is trying to erase the color from their scheme overall. But if the light blue alts are still in rotation, the choice to eliminate the light blue striping becomes questionable. Is it a team color or not? Texas needs to make up its mind. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, namefornamesake said:

That is weird. With their 2020 makeover, it looked like the Rangers were trying to embrace light blue as a team color in a sense. Now with it absent from the striping, you would think the team is trying to erase the color from their scheme overall. But if the light blue alts are still in rotation, the choice to eliminate the light blue striping becomes questionable. Is it a team color or not? Texas needs to make up its mind. 

Not really. They're saying light blue is not a primary team color. And, like the other teams that have recently added powder blue uniforms, save for the Rays and Royals, it was more as it's prior use in the 70s and 80s as a base uniform color like white and gray. Purely for throwback reasons, even if used with current branding.

I'm also of the belief that the dropping of the red jersey hints that the future City Connect uniform will possibly be predominantly red-based, and so they decided to keep the previous color allotment intact (white, gray, royal, red, powder blue), just with a different red one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, McCall said:

I'm also of the belief that the dropping of the red jersey hints that the future City Connect uniform will possibly be predominantly red-based, and so they decided to keep the previous color allotment intact (white, gray, royal, red, powder blue), just with a different red one.

Sure seems that way:

6Omqh72.png

• Hurl 1

34 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Sleeve number removed from the Phillies jersey😒

-

Those are blank jerseys used for spring training photo shoots:

BOS5XNRXJJFQJK5IKJWTRJNCOI.jpg

Nothing to see here (yet.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I really do like the old 1910s logo but the '70s/'80s stuff needs to die in a fire already.

Eh, it represents the high point of the franchise in the modern era.  Maybe they'll get over the nostalgia when they pick up a World Series win.

Wait...

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I really do like the old 1910s logo but the '70s/'80s stuff needs to die in a fire already.

Agreed 100%. 

It's high time to retire the '83s and make these the new Sunday throwbacks:

zuhdellfu6yvxq3a7fuv

usa_today_10185307.jpg

For my money, one of the best uniforms in baseball history, and the team actually won a championship wearing them. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

26 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

So it's a general East Coast thing to Memory Hole 2005.

I thought it was just ESPN.

Honestly, the way the power dynamic seemed to be even before 2017, I thought the sad truth was that it was that way in Chicago.

Also, no.  I'll never forget watching you guys sweep Boston on the Diamondvision at the Stadium... before watching Randy Johnson and a relief spot by Al Leiter cough Game 2 up to the Angels.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Gimme these: 

spacer.png

(Tobacco notwithstanding)

The slipping in of red accessories by players has really made me realize that if they do feel like making changes to the team identity, I would be perfectly fine with them either replacing silver with red or having red be the tertiary color and shuffling silver to fourth.

• Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.png