MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 minute ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Jersey ads are one thing, but I don't particularly enjoy the grandiose, cinematic production with no tie-in for a sponsor reveal. Stop trying to make it a bigger story than it actually is – they are giving you money so that they can be on your uniform. It's not that deep.

Although seeing Snitker try to keep a straight face after saying "Quiquee" was pretty funny.

No kidding. They unveiling these like we are supposed to be excited about the "jersey patch partner." As if it's a new tradition that we should all be proud of.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I am not liking this move from my home team. The only saving grace is it’s not absolutely massive like some other patches such as the Padres. But it doesn’t look good.

I worked in lumber and building materials for over a decade. Other than certain fence contractors, I ain't never seen nobody be excited about no doggone concrete....

... And also, did the Braves basically just parrot what the Cardinals put in their ad reveal video???

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Jersey ads are one thing, but I don't particularly enjoy the grandiose, cinematic production with no tie-in for a sponsor reveal. Stop trying to make it a bigger story than it actually is – they are giving you money so that they can be on your uniform. It's not that deep.

Although seeing Snitker try to keep a straight face after saying "Quiquee" was pretty funny.

This is what I don't understand. All these teams want to just insult our intelligence by finding some cute excuse to debut an ad. How about just tell me you want to make money? They want to soften the blow but the problem is there is no softening being punched in the face.

There is nothing to celebrate with this crap. Oh yeah man, my family is just absolutely zonked out of their minds that Motorola has a logo on the Padres jersey! That's exciting news! I come from a Motorola family so this is a really big deal!

:censored: off.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

The Quikrete patch looks especially bad on the Braves’ City Connects. The color sticks out horribly (they can nearly get away with it on the other jerseys with the yellow in the tomahawk). Also, the sleeve design requires the patch is placed much higher and it looks awkward since the feather/crown design comes to a point.

spacer.png

When Quikrete is paired with the Armed Forces cap, this might take the cake for worst Braves uniform ever.

spacer.png

Can we stop with the special holiday caps? We don’t need these ugly merch dump caps that don’t match any team’s uniform. Mother’s and Father’s Day, Armed Forces, and Independence Day caps are all needless. Just put a little classy flag on the side for Independence Day. Maybe a ribbon for Memorial Day. I might be missing a holiday or two. I can’t keep up with which holidays get a cap and which don’t.

• Like 18
  • Hurl 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Can we stop with the special holiday caps? We don’t need these ugly merch dump caps that don’t match any team’s uniform. Mother’s and Father’s Day, Armed Forces, and Independence Day caps are all needless. Just put a little classy flag on the side for Independence Day. Maybe a ribbon for Memorial Day. I might be missing a holiday or two. I can’t keep up with which holidays get a cap and which don’t.

From a uniform aesthetic standpoint, I completely agree, but I also understand why they're worn on the field from a merchandise standpoint. There are many people who buy them solely because the team actually wore them rather than any other fashion hats that are on the shelves. In fact, my father-in-law actually purchased one after seeing them worn this weekend and he would have never done so otherwise.

• Like 2

I wonder if the Twitter post means they have a cursive B cap.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The Quikrete patch looks especially bad on the Braves’ City Connects. The color sticks out horribly (they can nearly get away with it on the other jerseys with the yellow in the tomahawk). Also, the sleeve design requires the patch is placed much higher and it looks awkward since the feather/crown design comes to a point.

spacer.png

When Quikrete is paired with the Armed Forces cap, this might take the cake for worst Braves uniform ever.

spacer.png

Every time the Braves wear their CC jersey with that ad patch, an angel dies......😥

Those hats are not so bad, this year is among the best,......not to that  Braves CC uni though!

I've always wanted a B hat for the Orioles. The idea that people would confuse a black and orange hat with a cursive letter with a navy and red hat with a Tuscan letter feels like a reach. May it one day replace the terrible cartoon bird.

• Dislike 3
  • Facepalm 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

May it one day replace the terrible cartoon bird.

I love that terrible cartoon bird. Plently of teams have a letter on their cap, few rock a bird that has taken several bong hits.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I love that terrible cartoon bird. Plently of teams have a letter on their cap, few rock a bird that has taken several bong hits.

Like…right on, man!

In all seriousness, I like the cartoon bird but LOVED the realistic bird. And I enjoy the cursive letters too. I suppose having too many good logos in a team’s history is a first-world problem. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I've always wanted a B hat for the Orioles. The idea that people would confuse a black and orange hat with a cursive letter with a navy and red hat with a Tuscan letter feels like a reach. May it one day replace the terrible cartoon bird.

This post started off with so much promise.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I received this graphic in an email the other day, which includes pattern you can see on the jock tag, sleeve cuffs and patch on the left sleeve of the leaked jersey. The white "B" is in that patch and jock tag, and every indication is that's what will be on the hat, as well, though I'd rather it be orange. 

600x611-102505184455

On 5/16/2023 at 7:07 PM, BBTV said:

s-l500.jpg

"Randy Ready".  If you'd told me that was a major leaguer, I would have guessed you were either screwing with me or he was from the 1920's.

On 5/17/2023 at 1:26 PM, coco1997 said:

On 5/17/2023 at 2:17 PM, MNtwins3 said:

I'm putting my money on the Dodgers switching theirs to something more LA inspired, and then possibly adding their spring training jersey into the rotation that fans have been asking for

I joked earlier when the Dodgers were announcing they were working with Mr. Cartoon on an alt, but it would make the most sense to come true.  Although currently they wear their original CC's on every home Urias start.  I wonder if he'll eagerly switch to the new one upon its unveiling.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:42 PM, WSU151 said:

Yeah the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Giants were the weakest of the 2021 class IMO. Dodgers’ City gear may not be selling very well because it’s far too close to the regular set (well, the regular blue jersey)

They... don't... have a regular blue jersey.

spacer.png

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

They... don't... have a regular blue jersey.

The blue BP jersey is what I meant

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.