MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

23 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Watching the Pirates game tonight and it looks like they changed the pirate's bandana color on their black script jerseys. It was yellow from 2020-2022 but switched to red this season (starting on opening day and continuing to tonight). I don't remember an official announcement or anything, or seen anyone else mention this, so let me know if anyone knows why they switched. I liked the yellow bandana for the yellow heavy jersey more than the current red. (2022 vs 2023 for reference)

O672oeH.png

I don't believe there was an announcement but I assume the reason was because they thought it was unnecessary to have a different version of that logo just for one jersey.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

23 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Also, expect the Diamondbacks to break out these throwbacks again for their 25th anniversary celebration on August 12. Not sure if it's for one game or the whole series, but it'll be back in some capacity. No team announcement as far as I can tell.

CwsCD8F.png

Hey how about never going back?

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Re: Pirates sleeve patch. I watch these losers all the time and never noticed. I wish they’d slap the yellow bandanna on all of them rather than reverting to the red one which is a logo from when they dabbled in having red as a color. Funny thing was the yellow bandanna pirate first made an appearance on those ugly turn ahead the clock jerseys.  My bet being is it has to do with eventually having an ad and having to switch multiple patches on jerseys. 

• Like 2
KISSwall09.jpg

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

F2y5O6iWoAAtm8m?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Can this be an alternate home jersey for the Tigers? It looks very nice. When's the last time they had a jersey saying Tigers anyways?

Only the 1960 season ...

51ac71bca09bc32008f9f2c86e1aa83e.jpg 1960-TIGERS-ARTICLE.png

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/4/2023 at 8:17 PM, fortunat1 said:

Also, expect the Diamondbacks to break out these throwbacks again for their 25th anniversary celebration on August 12. Not sure if it's for one game or the whole series, but it'll be back in some capacity. No team announcement as far as I can tell.

CwsCD8F.png

The DBacks need to return to these full-time, so superior to the rust red look.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Put the Tigers script, no tail, on practice uniforms and leave the in-game home whites the hell alone.

I vote they do what the Cardinals do and wear their alternate once a week, but every other game is the standard home. Wear the Tigers scripts once a week for home games, and every other game is standard

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

19 hours ago, SCL said:

The DBacks need to return to these full-time, so superior to the rust red look.

After watching the DBacks play the Twins all weekend, for the life of me I can't understand why they don't wear the turquoise version of the current uniforms.

They are, in every way, the superior version of the current uniforms. The look on its own is pretty good, especially since removing the weird sublimation patterns a few years ago, but the color scheme makes it forgettable. The addition of turquoise changes that. 

• Applause 2

58 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

After watching the DBacks play the Twins all weekend, for the life of me I can't understand why they don't wear the turquoise version of the current uniforms.

Agreed, the turqupise accented unis are far better.  Going by their schedule on Uniform Lineup, they kept the turquoise uni for the home whites and dropped the road equivalent for the original grays.  Below is their June 2023 uniform selections.

23-arizona-june.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TBGKon said:

Agreed, the turqupise accented unis are far better.  Going by their schedule on Uniform Lineup, they kept the turquoise uni for the home whites and dropped the road equivalent for the original grays.  Below is their June 2023 uniform selections.

23-arizona-june.png

Not having followed them all year, I had no idea that this had become their defacto home uniform. It makes no sense for them to to be a mostly red and black team on the road and mostly black and turquoise at home. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:06 PM, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

I'd put orange trim around the script and numbers and at least make this a "home alternate". Could easily work as their Cash Grab Connect as well.  (Of course, we all know their Cash Grab Connect is gonna be monochrome blue with a white D and a weird-ass number font, but a boy can dream, can't he?)

Edited by M59
more stuff.
  • Dislike 2

7 hours ago, M59 said:

I'd put orange trim around the script and numbers and at least make this a "home alternate". Could easily work as their Cash Grab Connect as well.  (Of course, we all know their Cash Grab Connect is gonna be monochrome blue with a white D and a weird-ass number font, but a boy can dream, can't he?)

I don't know their entire history, but IMO orange should not appear on the Tigers home uniform.  

I love the Tigers script, and I love the look of the jersey, but they don't need a home alt.  Maybe a navy road alt with that script, but that's about it.  

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't know their entire history, but IMO orange should not appear on the Tigers home uniform.  

I love the Tigers script, and I love the look of the jersey, but they don't need a home alt.  Maybe a navy road alt with that script, but that's about it.  

I give them credit though for smartly digging into their past to find a way to do a unique and relevant Hispanic heritage jersey. Using that script and adapting it to Tigres is really clever, particularly for a team that's really only ever had the old English 'D' for most of their existence.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I give them credit though for smartly digging into their past to find a way to do a unique and relevant Hispanic heritage jersey. Using that script and adapting it to Tigres is really clever, particularly for a team that's really only ever had the old English 'D' for most of their existence.

And they get further credit for implementing a slight change that results in a huge improvement, namely, the better form of the T.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

26 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I totally agree. It looks great as a one-off.  But that’s all it should be. 

Though I would have laughed if they simply put a “Los” next to the D. 

• LOL 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/7/2023 at 12:25 AM, the admiral said:

Put the Tigers script, no tail, on practice uniforms and leave the in-game home whites the hell alone.

After switching the D back.

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

And they get further credit for implementing a slight change that results in a huge improvement, namely, the better form of the T.

I didn't realize it was any different from any other T and now that I see how short the older T's crossbar is on the right side, I can't unsee "Jigers".  🤣

• Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

After switching the D back.

I didn't realize it was any different from any other T and now that I see how short the older T's crossbar is on the right side, I can't unsee "Jigers".  🤣

You made me look.  Confirmed.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.