MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 9/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, tBBP said:

Unrelated, but what is up with that housebroom mustache??

I'm assuming he really wants facial hair, but the Yankees still ban beards.

It's incredible how many years a mustache adds to someone.  He looks 50, not 30.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Yankees don't allow facial hair below the lip, so he can't rock the full beard he had in San Fran & Chicago.

I don't think they ban facial hair below the lip.  When Jack McDowell came to the Yankees, he turned his goatee into a Fu Manchu.

What if I pitched bad at Yankee Stadium then flipped off the booing fans  with both hands and mouthed “ f you b's” on my way off the mound? - Quora

He actually wound up just going with the scruffy unshaven look most of the time.  But when he shaved, he did the Fu.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of sock uniformity in MLB may even be worse than NFL.  At least in the NFL, the non-uniformity is still within the team's color scheme.  This is ridiculous.  Can you imagine Patrick Mahomes wearing blue Royals socks?

EDIT: the shoes too!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Beautiful uniform match-up between the Twins and Athletics tonight.

oakland-athletics-v-minnesota-twins.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=0epdF37abM4M3d94TTPErXHRiDV-_igsXvp31SKH0fw=oakland-athletics-v-minnesota-twins.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=0YeoSOyCfAwXxIlt3MVq1kswnLSzOBD3ZgJvcRC1hZY=

1. Man those Twins uniforms have come around on me to be some of the best in the league. I was iffy on the whole set when it was released, but seeing them throughout the year I've come to the conclusion that they're nearly perfect, with a great combination of modern and retro
  2. A's relocation killing that beautiful 'Oakland' script is a travesty
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 9/28/2023 at 7:31 AM, MNtwins3 said:
  1. Man those Twins uniforms have come around on me to be some of the best in the league. I was iffy on the whole set when it was released, but seeing them throughout the year I've come to the conclusion that they're nearly perfect, with a great combination of modern and retro
  2. A's relocation killing that beautiful 'Oakland' script is a travesty

Hopefully the script just reads "Vegas" or Las Vegas. 

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I wish. No way MLB is that flashy.

For primary uniforms, yes. (I wish they would too)

But you know they'll use this that script with neon and sequins for their City Connects. 🙄

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

On 9/24/2023 at 8:14 PM, BBTV said:

The lack of sock uniformity in MLB may even be worse than NFL.  At least in the NFL, the non-uniformity is still within the team's color scheme.  This is ridiculous.  Can you imagine Patrick Mahomes wearing blue Royals socks?

EDIT: the shoes too!

NFL - socks MLB - socks, shoes, batting gloves, body armor, arm sleeves, pant length, belts. Totally (and unfortunately) agree.

KISSwall09.jpg

On 9/28/2023 at 8:31 AM, MNtwins3 said:

Man those Twins uniforms have come around on me to be some of the best in the league. I was iffy on the whole set when it was released, but seeing them throughout the year I've come to the conclusion that they're nearly perfect, with a great combination of modern and retro

I completely agree - I'm probably getting annoying at this point, but I really think the Twins went from one of the worst to one of the best sets in baseball:

Pittsburgh Pirates v Minnesota Twins        minnesota-twins-v-texas-rangers.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=BblrXS6dGJkxQjZGHu8I35b76A7iCUizOqwvlxpTjxM=  

los-angeles-angels-v-minnesota-twins.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=gfs04Ai2cfi-TvbkXf7LvcRboxfML8vDPldTJDFAeK0=        new-york-mets-v-minnesota-twins.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=R1CqtjepXkcWTI1o-lEtFOlc48NN-rQkepyhABQUVNM=

The use of the single-color text, although I was very hesitant when that element leaked, really works magic and feels very Dodgers-esque.

To me it's on the same level as the Padres, Blue Jays, and Brewers as far as reviving and modernizing the most classic and essential elements of an identity.

I'd honestly put them as my favorite uniform set in the American League and probably Top-5 in all of baseball.

• Like 10

On 9/30/2023 at 11:26 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

They say Oakland...

No matter which jersey they choose to wear on the road, they both say “Oakland,” so there’s no real avoiding that. It maybe explains why they haven’t worn the green jersey at home much lately, but not on the road.

I’m probably not the only one, but I think the A’s should go to kelly green full-time if/when they go to Vegas.

• Like 1