2022 MLB Postseason

Kooky01

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

. Hopefully that gets fixed by starting the regular season a week earlier. 

Actually if I was running baseball they’d start a week later and end the season at least two weeks earlier. And I’d accomplish that by shaving about 20 games off the boring-ass regular season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Actually if I was running baseball they’d start a week later and end the season at least two weeks earlier. And I’d accomplish that by shaving about 20 games off the boring-ass regular season. 

You'd get the World Series to be exclusively the October Classic again and that's enough to sell me on that idea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I actually liked the condensed series, but I agree, having a travel day between cities should have been used this year. Hopefully that gets fixed by starting the regular season a week earlier. Also, MLB needs to lock down hotels in each city so you don't have the BS of the Guardians being spread across town the night before the deciding game of the series. The NFL wouldn't let that happen, MLB should be able to ensure that as well. 

The other drawback of the condensed series is that it puts a drain on pitching staffs.  This was one of the harder postseasons to navigate as a manager, because you couldn't really ride your 1 and 2 (and 3 if you have a good one) and I can't recall seeing so many bullpen games in championship series'.  Usually a team's loser players just kinda disappear in the postseason, but I think pretty much everybody - even some total trash jabroni named Brad Hand - has had to make an appearance or two.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Kooky01 said:

Islanders fans were chanting "We want Tampa" in the 2021 playoffs. Got them, lost.

Rangers fans were chanting "We want Tampa" in the 2022 playoffs. Got them, lost.

Yankees fans were chanting "We want Houston" after the ALDS. Got them, lost.

When the hell are New Yorkers going to learn? And really bold and brash and probably stupid of Phillies fans to take this page out of their playbook. I'm assuming Philly hubris overrides their ability to see how this one has worked out for the New York teams.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

. I'm assuming Philly hubris overrides their ability to see how this one has worked out for the New York teams.

Huh?  You shouldn't make assumptions.  I've never heard that besides simply that they're the opponent so let's rally against them.  I don't think a single person is underestimating who the Phillies are facing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Islanders fans were chanting "We want Tampa" in the 2021 playoffs. Got them, lost.

Rangers fans were chanting "We want Tampa" in the 2022 playoffs. Got them, lost.

When the hell are New Yorkers going to learn? And really bold and brash and probably stupid of Phillies fans to take this page out of their playbook. I'm assuming Philly hubris overrides their ability to see how this one has worked out for the New York teams.

If you thought that was bad. Lmao..

Before game 4, the Yankees mental skills coach USED FOOTAGE OF THE 2004 ALCS FOR MOTIVATION! I am not kidding!

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/yankees-use-2004-red-sox-highlights-motivation-ahead-game-4

Can you imagine if the Falcons were down 28-3 at halftime they talk about Super Bowl 51 and how the Patriots did not give up when they were down big and came back to win? And this leaked to the media?

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

We can only hope my friend, we can only hope.

xFUdNmt.png

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Philly fans last night: 

NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

If you thought that was bad. Lmao..

Before game 4, the Yankees mental skills coach USED FOOTAGE OF THE 2004 ALCS FOR MOTIVATION! I am not kidding!

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/yankees-use-2004-red-sox-highlights-motivation-ahead-game-4

Can you imagine if the Falcons were down 28-3 at halftime they talk about Super Bowl 51 and how the Patriots did not give up when they were down big and came back to win? And this leaked to the media?

I don’t think anyone from the 04 team is on this team, or has been in how ever long jeters been gone. I think it’s ok

15 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I actually liked the condensed series, but I agree, having a travel day between cities should have been used this year. Hopefully that gets fixed by starting the regular season a week earlier. Also, MLB needs to lock down hotels in each city so you don't have the BS of the Guardians being spread across town the night before the deciding game of the series. The NFL wouldn't let that happen, MLB should be able to ensure that as well. 

The compressed schedule was primarily due to the series attached at the end of the regular season because of the lockout. Pushed the end of the season to Wednesday instead of Sunday, and MLB said they didn't want the World Series to go beyond the November 5th Game 7 day as already scheduled. I think next year the Wild Card round will begin on Tuesday which will allow other off days to be back in subsequent series'.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 6:11 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Congrats to the Phillies on the pennant

😃😃😃
Thanks...from a fan! 

Seriously..kudos to the Padres, they made this an insane roller coaster of emotions, especially those final 2 games. 
This team from MANY did not expect this...myself included. Heck, almost missing Postseason totally (so thanks to the Brewers also for the help) And when we did, I felt good about St Louis, but Padres or even the Dodgers...nope

But to get to the WS, no way did I expect that! - That Bryce HR sealing the Pennant, no words! So...right now, Im actually thankful the games don't start unil Fri, my nerves need a brief break, lol. 

It's just fun right now, not only baseball...by MLS Union one win away from Championship, Eagles still undefeated - (home game against Steelers the atmosphere...Kelce perhaps firing up home crowd  more COULD help?) ,
Flyers...well, hmm.
Sixers ...um....ok, I have hope for 76ers, its early..lol

Now beating Houston, whew...IDK!?? They look absolutely unstoppable right now! Our starters, Wheeler, Nola, etc MUST go deep into the game, out middle relief bullpen...is clearly not stronger (looking at you Brad Hand, this guy is a dumper fire!)  to hold leads or let opposing teams just blow it open is a concern. But again...Phillies somehow keep surprising us so theres a chance, maybe slight....but a chance! Phillies simply must be perfect at all costs.

LFG!
spacer.png

• Like 1

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

On 10/23/2022 at 6:16 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

It's played NON STOP from cars going by, in the stores...even blasted Rittenhouse Sq. a small little park in Center City Philly twice a day...and fans gather around and sing it. 

when Phillies clinched the Postseason (against HOU) weeks ago, the local Philly Sports channel showed the locker room celebration and --- this song, which I had NO idea what it was--- was blasting, team gathered and singing knowing all the lyrics. So to no surpise, social media blew up asking "what is the song!!?" - Many mentioned Robyn, which is true...she sang the original years ago. Others stating this Calum Scott (I never heard of the guy...lol)

NO idea why, or the meaning of the lyrics for a "fight song", right now it's catchy, I admit...but in time I may get tired of it soon. lol
*I remember vividly Tag Team "Whoop, There It Is" was the Phillies anthem was back in 1993 when they clinched the pennant.

Currently #2 in Apple Music for Philly area, shocked it's not number 1...yet. 

FULL STORY about the anthem
https://6abc.com/philadelphia-phillies-dancing-on-my-own-callum-scott-anthem/12371827/

• Like 1

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

14 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

What are they supposed to say? We're afraid of HOU?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Didn't the Red Sox use "Dancing on My Own" as their "anthem" during their playoff run last year? Though I think that was the (superior) original by Robyn. And they probably weren't the first considering the song is what, 15 years old now. Everyone needs a quirky feelgood story though.

6 hours ago, Unocal said:

What are they supposed to say? We're afraid of HOU?

And it's not like there's a choice.  If it's Houston vs New York and series is tied 3-3 and they're yelling "we want Houston", then maybe it's different.  But it was actually Houston that they were going to play (I know it technically wasn't official, but it was essentially a done deal.)

And it's fans.  Come the F on.  It's harmless.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:29 AM, Unocal said:

Good luck with those WS ratings, FOX

4th largest media market in the country vs. the 8th. Something tells me Fox isn't really worried about ratings for this one. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 minutes ago, Sport said:

4th largest media market in the country vs. the 8th. Something tells me Fox isn't really worried about ratings for this one. 

If it doesn't involve New York, Los Angeles or Chicago, everybody always seems to believe no one will watch.🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, McCall said:

If it doesn't involve New York, Los Angeles or Chicago, everybody always seems to believe no one will watch.🤷‍♂️

Everyone or the people broadcasting it? ESPN seems to be pretty bad at supporting sports that they cover if they don't have the finals of said sport. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png