MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

10 hours ago, vtgco said:

That neon sign has a QR code to a page with this graphic!

6oFqgia.png

uU02KMn.png

A little bit of a relief that there's at least gonna be some yellow. A red & black ONLY jersey would make the new advertisement even bigger Thorn in our sides. >: (

Looks like the red rectangle has some type of bird pattern and  I'd imagine a jock tag yin yang?  Bruce Lee signature on the back of neck? This could be sick. 

4 minutes ago, rcgray said:

Looks like the red rectangle has some type of bird pattern and  I'd imagine a jock tag yin yang?  Bruce Lee signature on the back of neck? This could be sick. 

I think the "bird pattern" would be dragon scales.

Someone on reddit hypothesized a hologram crest that changes from the standard logo to this new dragon logo, which would obviously be incredible.

• Love 1
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Someone on reddit hypothesized a hologram crest that changes from the standard logo to this new dragon logo, which would obviously be incredible.

Oh yeah, AS Roma did a similar thing on their third kits this year. But it was only on the replica retail versions, and not on the match-worn authentics.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, kerlonmoura said:

Looks like the Quakes pattern continues on the back panels:

Really weird that the back is black when the front pattern reads as primarily blue to me. A bummer, IMO.

• Like 2

Ah yes, when I think GOAT, I think Darlington Nagbe.

On 2023-02-01 at 10:53 AM, Foxxtrot44 said:

It would be fitting that RSL fans, who have been asking for a new yellow kit for a decade, would only get one because Adidas had a league-wide aesthetic shift.

More than the legacy American sports leagues, MLS pushes the brand of the league itself more than that of its clubs. I guess that will be less obvious if teams have different color jerseys for a change rather than 2 out of every 3 games being mono-white vs. mono-black. But still, yeah, the obviousness of fitting teams into given design initiatives from Adidas every year is kind of a bummer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Ah yes, when I think GOAT, I think Darlington Nagbe.

More than the legacy American sports leagues, MLS pushes the brand of the league itself more than that of its clubs. I guess that will be less obvious if teams have different color jerseys for a change rather than 2 out of every 3 games being mono-white vs. mono-black. But still, yeah, the obviousness of fitting teams into given design initiatives from Adidas every year is kind of a bummer.

He's considered that in Columbus for helping the team win the 2020 championship.  The fact he won a national championship at Akron helps too.  I'm just happy to see the backside of the "grey home jersey with the iconic jaws of Lower.com Field roof" on it. It was a nice jersey, but the home kit should always be yellow now. 

That last part is why I hope that multiple uniform makers can get back into MLS. It's hard enough to make different enough uniforms for 8-16 team leagues and MLS is looking at possibly having 32 by 2026. Let Nike, Puma, Adidas, and Umbro pay the same rate and pick teams to outfit like they did in the first years of the league. 2025 is the first chance for that to happen since adidas and MLS kept renewing their deal, which ends after the 2024 season at present. Also, I believe this year's Crew design was the one outsourced to a company in Great Britain, so that may be what has to happen to keep teams from looking like they just recolored another team's uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BC985 said:

St. Louis is unveiling what they are calling their “Away Kit” on February 17th. The email also said they will be wearing this kit in their season opening match at Austin. 

I'm not one to over-analyze promotional tweets for clues, but here I go anyway: Lots of white in this tweet. 

So the reading between the lines here is that they "Ich bin ein Berliner"ed this one, right? At a time when colonial treatment of Indigenous peoples is under renewed scrutiny for historical atrocities in Canada? Incredible stuff. Good thing they caught it but really speaks to how poorly this franchise has been run for so many years.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I'd really like the Crew to go back to black/gold hoops or stripes one of these years. Thought it would've been a good time to try that when their other jersey was greyish white. Oh well!

The black and gold hoops were the Save the Crew kits, not the actual team jerseys. They did have that big PSG style stripe on one of the uniforms that was a good look. 

Gallery: Save The Crew unveils potential stadium renderings - Massive Report

Columbus Crew Home football shirt 1997 - 1998.

Something akin to these or the 1996 jerseys would be nice too, but adidas has to have those dumb three stripes on them.

SEoZOld.png

It can work on the current templates too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 hours ago, kerlonmoura said:

Looks like the Quakes pattern continues on the back panels:

https://i.redd.it/tawiovm4krfa1.jpg

That shirt feels as though The Quakes weren't sure if they wanted to be a mostly black team or a mostly blue team for the next two years, and came across a pretty unhappy medium.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 2:19 PM, Digby said:

So the reading between the lines here is that they "Ich bin ein Berliner"ed this one, right? At a time when colonial treatment of Indigenous peoples is under renewed scrutiny for historical atrocities in Canada? Incredible stuff. Good thing they caught it but really speaks to how poorly this franchise has been run for so many years.

More like Club de Foot in mouth, amirite?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 3