NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

5 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Let’s just pray to God it’s not something like this (found on Twitter):

FtSgDv9aMAIbkeX.jpg

Unpopular opinion: I like these

They have nothing to do with Cardinals but the design isn't that different from what the Suns did the 90s

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The draft makes no sense as a uniform reveal location. The pick isn't gonna wear the pants and helmet. At most he will hold up the jersey or put it on. And it would completely overshadow the pick (or vice versa) when you could just make them both big events that get full media coverage. 

Yes, they wouldn't go through the work of making that teaser (and I'm sure more to come) just to have Goodell give their pick a jersey at the draft.  These things have way too much work put into them to just flippantly do it that way.

Maybe instead of the 17th, it'll be a week later, such as the 25th, 2 days before the draft.  

Side Note:  anyone in these forums going to KC for the draft?  

2 hours ago, Ark said:

Unpopular opinion: I like these

They have nothing to do with Cardinals but the design isn't that different from what the Suns did the 90s

In a vacuum I like these; I don't know that I would be crazy about them as the Cardinals' primary though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Krudler said:

The Cardinals jerseys should be red.

As simple as this statement is, it is really difficult to argue against it 😂

Historic team, historic colors, historic helmet

As a someone who loves sports unis, I'm pumped for an "outside the box"  cardinals set. But deep down, I know that this team should probably be primarily red and white with their classic helmet. 

Either way, the suspense is killing me

• Like 6

On 4/12/2023 at 9:08 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Didn’t the Steelers do that in the 70’s?

The helmet shell was actually clear but the inside was painted black so it never chipped.

I can’t recall if the logo was on the inside too but the stripes definitely were.

Yes helmets were painted that way, but it wasn’t so they wouldn’t chip, it’s just the shells came from the manufacturer clear

20 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Let’s just pray to God it’s not something like this (found on Twitter):

FtSgDv9aMAIbkeX.jpg

Cardinals would go 17-0 and win the Super Bowl cause their opponents would laugh so much they lose focus lol

20 hours ago, jags1828 said:

Most fans want the 95-2008 uniforms with the updated logo, but I'd go this route with the Jaguars uniforms. I'd be cool with the 2013 font like I have on the teal, or the current font like on the away and alt. Both fonts are solid.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Would be a sweet looking jersey

30 minutes ago, dont care said:

Yes helmets were painted that way, but it wasn’t so they wouldn’t chip, it’s just the shells came from the manufacturer clear

They were painted on the inside? Why? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 minutes ago, Jeffery said:

Based on the "leaks",  here's my best guess on what we'll get:

g9pB3g5.jpg

I don’t mind those, few qualms:

I don’t like the grey numbers on the red jersey, I think it’s too dark and doesn’t stick out enough, it’s the same problems the Lions have with their homes. 
i would prefer a red face mask over an orange one, but it’s not the end of the world, 

Please let there be pant stripes, even really thin ones.

• Like 5

Subject change here, but did anyone find it interesting that the NFL released a press briefing on "a QB specific helmet" getting approved "to reduce concussions," with zero photos? 

Everything I have read and seen from subsequent reporting on the subject is that it's the Viscis 02 Matrix, which has already been in circulation in the NFL -- it was even worn by Patrick Mahomes, who won a Super Bowl wearing it. 

My old journalism brain is telling me this is just a lame PR move and that sure, they may encourage more QBs to switch to it, but it's not a "new" helmet and it was already approved for use. They just know that 90% of the population won't notice and take it an assurance that the NFL is working on improving player safety, when in reality they have a helmet they claim to be the best at preventing concussions YET MOST OF THEIR PLAYERS AREN'T WEARING IT. 

Makes NO SENSE.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TruColor said:

Helmets aren't correct at all...colors are close.

I’ve heard the bird remains the same on the white helmet. Red metallic flakes on the helmet similar to the black one. A chrome/silver face mask.

Also, I think the striping on the shoulders makes sense if they are trying to mimic the sun rays on the state flag.

Edited by TheOatsMustFlow
Additional thoughts

1 hour ago, Jeffery said:

g9pB3g5.jpg

I wouldn't totally hate that...they gray numbers ain't working though.

And also, thanks for reminding me that Nikenhas had a penchant of doing some funky shoulder designs on some of their teams' jerseys...case in point: Oregon, TCU, and Virginia Tech. (Which now that I'm looking a this again, that looks like a pretty decent Arizona-ish take on at VT-ish style jersey. And I just KNOW they're gonna shoehorn some semblance of that AZ flag somewhere in their new uniform set; why not there?)

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Jeffery said:

g9pB3g5.jpg

Bold of you to assume the socks won’t be the same color as the pants 80% of the time. And that the socks will be striped. Mind you, I want traditional color blocking and enjoy striped socks; it just doesn’t seem like either of those is the way the league has been heading since the Swoosh took over.