NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

51 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Time out—where was I when this game was played? This is the first time I've seen the Panthers wear black socks with their away whites...

September 9, 2018 (home game):

cqa5vrtioiblixiqh2ro.jpg

October 30, 2022 (road game):

dj-moore.jpg

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

48 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Infrographic regarding the new template-

FvUTnmoaMAAya7i?format=jpg&name=medium

Imma just skip right past the acronym looniness and ask: are all the jerseys on this template gonna have the perforated numbers now?? I saw it on the ARIZONA Cardinals jerseys and thought that was yet another Nikeism. The current run of adidas NHL jerseys also had those perforated numbers, I think. I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Imma just skip right past the acronym looniness and ask: are all the jerseys on this template gonna have the perforated numbers now?? I saw it on the ARIZONA Cardinals jerseys and thought that was yet another Nikeism. The current run of adidas NHL jerseys also had those perforated numbers, I think. I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not.

I dig the perforated numbers. Keep ‘em coming.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Time out—where was I when this game was played? This is the first time I've seen the Panthers wear black socks with their away whites...

It was in 2018 as mentioned by another…which makes sense as that was before all-white with white socks was automatically, 100% of the time, 🥶❄️🧊🧼 and whatnot. 

EDIT: the second was just last year. Surprised the Panthers haven’t been kicked off Twitter for not going 🥶

I still don't see where the "v-seam" on the front has any benefit.

If there's a legit performance advantage by making them lighter and if the holes actually do that, then I guess that's fine - but the seam has a (minor, but still) impact on the actual look of some of the uniforms due to wordmarks and numbers being pushed down.  Just seems unnecessary, when the marketing around the previous template was that the lack of seams is what made them great.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I still don't see where the "v-seam" on the front has any benefit.

If there's a legit performance advantage by making them lighter and if the holes actually do that, then I guess that's fine - but the seam has a (minor, but still) impact on the actual look of some of the uniforms due to wordmarks and numbers being pushed down.  Just seems unnecessary, when the marketing around the previous template was that the lack of seams is what made them great.

Take this with a grain of salt but the general consensus of Oregon players (who have been wearing the template since 2019) is that the new template is tighter and more “locked in” to the pads. The Vapor Untouchable template was all about eliminating seams and making it as light as possible, but the lack of seams made the jerseys easier to grab and stretch. Not trying to be a Nike apologist here, this is just what I’ve heard from people around the Oregon program in recent years. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

but the lack of seams made the jerseys easier to grab and stretch

I find it laughable that players are concerned about that and then do dumb things that only dummies do like this:

przu6qgjkuqchobbowyy.jpg

• Like 18
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eagles D'Andre Swift will be the first player to wear 0 for them since his usual number (and its reverse) are taken.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

19 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Eagles D'Andre Swift will be the first player to wear 0 for them since his usual number (and its reverse) are taken.

He should campaign hard to be nicknamed “Agent Zero”. Then monetize that somehow. 

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Oh look, it's the Cardinals uniform but with black instead of red.

Oh look it’s the Raiders uniform without silver. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I really hope those perforated numbers aren't on every jersey, it will look stupid for teams like the Raiders, Bears and Packers among others.

The guy in the image is basically wearing a Raiders uniform and it looks fine.

• Like 1

With all the light weight, form fitting, etc any lingo they use or tech they come up with, why don’t they use sublimated/screen printed numbers? I mean I’m glad they don’t, but wouldn’t that be better? Won’t that be lighter or more form fitting? I’ve noticed that’s really become a thing in college baseball 

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I really hope those perforated numbers aren't on every jersey, it will look stupid for teams like the Raiders, Bears and Packers among others.

They won’t be. Georgia and Ohio State wore the new template in the CFP and neither had perforated numbers. If a team wants perforated numbers, they’ll get them. If a team doesn’t want them, they won’t.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1