NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

You should never notice designs elements of a uniform over team elements.  

99% of NFL fans will never notice the seams on the jersey. We are a very small minority that actually notices these things

• Like 7

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

8 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Dolphins going to the full-time throwbacks yet?  Oh, and ditching the Dolphin Hotel & Resort logo?

With the revised helmet rule (not that it's an issue for Miami), teams will have less of a desire to revert to a full-time throwback logo since they can bust out alternate throwback unis like 4 or 5 times a year now. Fans can now see the unis on-the-field all they want, so teams are less pressured to go full-blown identity change.

CC: Patriots, Bucs and Broncos.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

With the revised helmet rule (not that it's an issue for Miami), teams will have less of a desire to revert to a full-time throwback logo since they can bust out alternate throwback unis like 4 or 5 times a year now. Fans can now see the unis on-the-field all they want, so teams are less pressured to go full-blown identity change.

CC: Patriots, Bucs and Broncos.

What? NFL teams only have 3 alternate slots per season. Did I miss something?

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

What? NFL teams only have 3 alternate slots per season. Did I miss something?

Unless you are the ravens who don’t care and wear them 5+ times with no repercussions, or wear them during pre-season that only counts for some teams but not others.

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d be fine with the Dolphins pulling a Tampa Bay and giving a previous uniform, in this case the throwback, a facelift.

Update the logos a smidge. Hell, get an orange uniform in the mix again.

I disagree that a team that barely ever wears its regular colored jersey or its throwback colored jersey needs an additional colored jersey in the mix. But I do agree that they would need to update the throwback logo.

• Like 1

panthers pants will probably remain the same, except for the addition of the color rush blue pants in 2023.

• Like 2

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d be fine with the Dolphins pulling a Tampa Bay and giving a previous uniform, in this case the throwback, a facelift.

Update the logos a smidge. Hell, get an orange uniform in the mix again.

Update the logo. Change facemask back to aqua. Put newly updated logo over sleeve stripe. Have white pants and aqua pants. Wear striped socks full-time. Boom. 

On 5/3/2023 at 12:57 PM, aawagner011 said:

It was speculated the Falcons would keep the Vapor Untouchable template, however, that appears incorrect.

spacer.png

spacer.png

There are things about these jerseys that I like. The way the thin number outline gives a subtle 3D effect is cool. Having the NOB of the white be a different color from the number is great. I could get used to the side striping if it lined up neatly with the pants stripe. Not wild about the ATL, but the jerseys aren’t at all bad in a vacuum. If they added an option for red socks, changed the gradient jersey to full red, and went mix-and-match like the Bengals, these guys could look okay. The “icy whites” make no sense for a team from HOTlanta, but that’s none of my business though. 🐸 ☕️ 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pagan696 said:

panthers pants will probably remain the same, except for the addition of the color rush blue pants in 2023.

I think that they are.  Gonna have to take a look again 

16 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Update the logo. Change facemask back to aqua. Put newly updated logo over sleeve stripe. Have white pants and aqua pants. Wear striped socks full-time. Boom. 

And obviously with stripes

12 hours ago, dont care said:

Unless you are the ravens who don’t care and wear them 5+ times with no repercussions, or wear them during pre-season that only counts for some teams but not others.

I think that they got a waiver on those.  Why on earth that happened, I couldn't begin to tell you

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, mafiaman said:

Still horrible.  Maybe if the ATL was bigger I would like them more.  More side stripes too.  

That and some more gradients and piping.  And how much better would they look like with the old toilet-seat collars?

Or jacquard Falcon watermarks all over the jersey.  OMG.  Tweed.  Mix threads of red, black and silver into the fabric.  Winner.

• LOL 2

On 5/3/2023 at 1:06 PM, MNtwins3 said:

99% of NFL fans will never notice the seams on the jersey. We are a very small minority that actually notices these things

To this point, I remember watching football with my wife one time and two guys, one wearing a schutt F7 and the other wearing a speedflex were on the screen; and I asked her if she could see the difference between the two. She said no, and that they both just looked like football helmets to her. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ssj_homeslice said:

To this point, I remember watching football with my wife one time and two guys, one wearing a schutt F7 and the other wearing a speedflex were on the screen; and I asked her if she could see the difference between the two. She said no, and that they both just looked like football helmets to her. 

Look at a photo of an NFL uniform, let your eyes go out of focus, and that's about how the average person sees an NFL uniform

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

This was mentioned a while back. The Texans and Panthers series has always been Carolina in white and the Texans in their colors. Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, the top two picks in the draft, will be facing each other. The league will want to showcase that. Could it be a candidate for a primetime slot? This has a good chance of breaking the cycle of the same uniform matchup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Could it be a candidate for a primetime slot?

Yeah... on a Thursday Amazon game.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

This was mentioned a while back. The Texans and Panthers series has always been Carolina in white and the Texans in their colors. Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, the top two picks in the draft, will be facing each other. The league will want to showcase that. Could it be a candidate for a primetime slot? This has a good chance of breaking the cycle of the same uniform matchup.

I believe that was me who pointed that out. I was thinking the same thing. This could definitely be a Thursday night game. Hopefully the Panthers wear their normal silver helmet, black jersey, silver pants look, but it will probably be all-black or all-blue now that the blue pants are rumored to be back.

I would almost rather the matchup take place in November at 1pm, increasing the chances that the Panthers look normal, but I'd also rather get something funky from them than see this one played at 1pm in September again.

On 5/3/2023 at 3:30 PM, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Has anything changed template-wise with pants? If I remember correctly, it was the reason the Panthers changed their pants design (for the worse) and made the stripe stretch to the socks and present wider than before. spacer.pngspacer.png

Time out—where was I when this game was played? This is the first time I've seen the Panthers wear black socks with their away whites...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||