NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

11 hours ago, hormone said:

With all the light weight, form fitting, etc any lingo they use or tech they come up with, why don’t they use sublimated/screen printed numbers? I mean I’m glad they don’t, but wouldn’t that be better? Won’t that be lighter or more form fitting? I’ve noticed that’s really become a thing in college baseball 

it's probably a matter of time. if i had to guess, baseball will be first to go sublimated because the players are so used to it growing up. a ton of travel organizations and even the showcase brands like perfect game used sublimated (it's an easy way to get a bunch of different looks for not a lot of money). once MLB figures out they can sublimate everything and charge mega money for it from fans that want the authentic look, there will be no going back.

sig2024.png

On 5/5/2023 at 11:13 AM, bowld said:

Field Utility Special Edition... 🙄

Its a football jersey....

Interestingly, the template was originally called Vapor Fusion and the catalog version was Vapor F.U.S.E, just like the catalog version of Vapor Untouchable is Vapor Pro, but somewhere along the way, Nike adopted F.U.S.E. for both. I somewhat refuse to call it anything other than Fusion, though. Looks better, sounds better, etc.

14 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I really hope those perforated numbers aren't on every jersey, it will look stupid for teams like the Raiders, Bears and Packers among others.

They won't be. Oregon has them, but Ohio State and Georgia did not (and, like Florida State and others, will not have them when they move to the template on a full-time basis this season). Arizona is the only NFL team that I'm aware will have them.

We are a year or two from Nike just making 90s uniforms over again but using Nikespeak to justify it.

spacer.png

- Perforated numbers for superior breathability and temperature control

- Nike Super Performance Mecha Elite shoulders for Supreme epic non-grabbiness

- Made from 69% recycled ocean garbage collected by an army of minimally paid ethically-sourced child labor dipping nets into the pacific garbage patch

- Nike Collar-Tech(TM) woven collar with the complete Declaration of Independence written on the inside

- Cromulent No-Sleeve(R) technology to make the jerseys look bad on-field

- Priced at $299.99 for the cheapest Hyper Gametime Limited Elite Epic Bacon version, definitely not a 5,000% profit margin

- Ignore the Champion logos we totally made these 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Interestingly, the template was originally called Vapor Fusion and the catalog version was Vapor F.U.S.E, just like the catalog version of Vapor Untouchable is Vapor Pro, but somewhere along the way, Nike adopted F.U.S.E. for both. I somewhat refuse to call it anything other than Fusion, though. Looks better, sounds better, etc.

It’s been called both things since it was first revealed by Oregon in 2019. When the Ducks unveiled the 2019 uniforms on social media, they called it Vapor Fusion. Then they put out this graphic before the first game of the 2019 season calling it Vapor F.U.S.E.:

spacer.png

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It’s been called both things since it was first revealed by Oregon in 2019. When the Ducks unveiled the 2019 uniforms on social media, they called it Vapor Fusion. Then they put out this graphic before the first game of the 2019 season calling it Vapor F.U.S.E.:

spacer.png

That was my point.  When it was first revealed over the summer, Oregon called it Fusion, which I've confirmed with Nike sources was the original name for the template. Oregon then started using Fusion and F.U.S.E. interchangeably about a month later, which was likely a mistake given the catalog version's name. Eventually, Nike just leaned into that moniker for both versions, which is why we're seeing that used now.

2 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

We are a year or two from Nike just making 90s uniforms over again but using Nikespeak to justify it.

spacer.png 

If Nike brings back that shade of brown for Cleveland they can use all unnecessary Nikespeak they want. The current shade of brown looks like a dark gray at times.

22NIKMNFLBRWNSDWTCLEA?wid=1400&fmt=pjpeg

• Like 8

Hotter Than July > Thriller

22 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

If Nike brings back that shade of brown for Cleveland they can use all unnecessary Nikespeak they want. The current shade of brown looks like a dark gray at times.

The darker shade of brown looked so nice with Reebok but Nike's flat fabrics just make most things look dull. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, heavybass said:

Then again are most scandinavians furries? That's the question.

I have some family members in Minnesota who have partial Swedish ancestry. I don’t *think* they’re furries, but I don’t see them that often, so…maybe?

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The Team Catalog version of the Vapor Untouchable was the Vapor Untouchable Pro; the Vapor Pro was the step down, which looked just like the Untouchable, but didn't use their college/NFL level fabrics, which made it more affordable.  

17 hours ago, hormone said:

With all the light weight, form fitting, etc any lingo they use or tech they come up with, why don’t they use sublimated/screen printed numbers? I mean I’m glad they don’t, but wouldn’t that be better? Won’t that be lighter or more form fitting? I’ve noticed that’s really become a thing in college baseball 

Nike already offers both of these at the high school/youth level. 

The reason that professional and college programs don't use them are numerous:

1.  To sublimate, you start with White fabric, which is then dyed via the sublimation process.  Color matching is not perfect, nor is saturation, especially when the fabric is stretched, and the fabric tends to have a sheen to it.  It might seem neat, but in practice, it looks like crap and it looks and feels cheap.  

2.   Screen printing is laborious and requires more manual attention, even when printing with the highest of high-tech automatics.  There are more steps and more risk.  It's also not as durable (even though these teams wear new jerseys every week), but most of all, doesn't look as high-quality.

The lightweight stretch twill Nike uses now is as light as the fabric on the jersey, which is very light.  Screen printing is moderately heavy when screen printing for uniforms and also blocks all breathability of the fabric.  Depending on the ink, it can stretch, but it's not going to hold up.  I believe when Nike does screen printed numbers on jerseys now, for Oregon, for example, they're printing with silicone inks on top of stretch twill, then stitching the number on.  

In short, it could be done, but the lightweight stretch twill they use now is just as good, if not better, in most ways than sublimating or screen printing.

• Like 1

So I guess the question now becomes: at what point does lightweight becomes too lightweight??

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

The bigger concern is if the person donning number 4 can stay on the field and live up to the contract he was given.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 12:08 PM, BBTV said:

I find it laughable that players are concerned about that and then do dumb things that only dummies do like this:

przu6qgjkuqchobbowyy.jpg

not all heroes wear capes

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

spacer.png

- Perforated numbers for superior breathability and temperature control

- Nike Super Performance Mecha Elite shoulders for Supreme epic non-grabbiness

- Made from 69% recycled ocean garbage collected by an army of minimally paid ethically-sourced child labor dipping nets into the pacific garbage patch

- Nike Collar-Tech(TM) woven collar with the complete Declaration of Independence written on the inside

- Cromulent No-Sleeve(R) technology to make the jerseys look bad on-field

- Priced at $299.99 for the cheapest Hyper Gametime Limited Elite Epic Bacon version, definitely not a 5,000% profit margin

- Ignore the Champion logos we totally made these 

I really miss how replica's were pre-Nike. I hate their stretchy thicker garbage.

• Like 2