NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

23 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

That dog logo is good. I know the designer went kind of crazy with all of the subliminal details, but if you didn't know about them it just is rendered well in general

Better than the CLE that wasn't hidden at all in that tik tok logo.

• Like 15

I've seen this logo making rounds on social media. I like it better. The collar has more white which adds a bit more balance to it, and it takes away one of those weird flaps/wrinkles on the right side of its face to make it look a little less awkward.

U6dT1e4.jpg

• Like 12

T1oYViW.png

28 minutes ago, Glover said:

I've seen this logo making rounds on social media. I like it better. The collar has more white which adds a bit more balance to it, and it takes away one of those weird flaps/wrinkles on the right side of its face to make it look a little less awkward.

U6dT1e4.jpg

Then someone needed to submit it. 

This was a contest among fan submissions and fans voting. As a Browns fan I like it. I also like the subtleties in it. 

It would've been disingenuous to hold this and then not use the one submitted and chosen by the fans. 

So...the Browns have this logo on their website when announcing the winner. 

061223_DawgLogo

While on their Twitter is showing this logo. 

Does anyone else notice the difference in the right side of the dogs face in these logos? Or am I just losing my mind? Which one is it? 

Edit: I am pointing out the extra flap/wrinkle on the dogs face in the bottom logo.

T1oYViW.png

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The NFL could have done "Throwback Thursdays" for TNF and given each team throwbacks for home and away, which would probably create more jersey sales than the Color Rush program did (especially b/c teams had to be forced to wear their already existing road uniforms after the color-on-color failed). 

But you know, I guess we will leave the logic to the people getting paid the big bucks

Would the Panthers and Texans just wear their regular uniforms?

• Like 3

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This was the Als' jersey in 2000, which seems like what Buffalo was trying to emulate in 2002. 

Anthony Calvillo #13

I think ESPN personalities were joking about how the Bilks looked like Montreal in preseason 2002…for some reason I remember Chris Berman saying something about the similarity. 

I don't think I see the Bills in those. Those jerseys to me always stuck out to me as the CFL's answer to the Patriots, but looking it up now, these Als jerseys and the Pats jerseys came out in the same year.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

11 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I don't think I see the Bills in those. Those jerseys to me always stuck out to me as the CFL's answer to the Patriots, but looking it up now, these Als jerseys and the Pats jerseys came out in the same year.

I  would say the squared blue shoulders are closer to the Bills’ 2002 set than anything the Patriots wore. That silver/white/navy does bear a resemblance to the Pats but like you said, these debuted a few months prior. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, HOOVER said:

RE: THROWBACKS

To avoid games that will feature a clash of modern vs throwback uniforms, the NFL should’ve mandated a throwback look league-wide so that each team had an option to wear in these games.

For this matchup in particular, you’re going to have a 70’s-80’s look up against a current look, and it’ll be wonky; if the Lions were to wear a Throwback uniform, even if the periods didn’t exactly match, they’d at least have two old looks in the matchup, rather than a new vs old.

Imagine the Commanders facing off against the Bucs in this game, or the current Jets, Seahawks or Titans.  Now, imagine throwbacks for each of those 3 teams vs the Creamsicles.  

I believe the NFL used to do this, and they were full-on “Throwback Games”.  I wish they’d bring that back.

Mandating a throwback league wide would seem forced. Just like with the color rush games that used to be mandatory. And it's not like teams don't/can't both wear a throwback in a game.

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The NFL could have done "Throwback Thursdays" for TNF and given each team throwbacks for home and away, which would probably create more jersey sales than the Color Rush program did (especially b/c teams had to be forced to wear their already existing road uniforms after the color-on-color failed). 

But you know, I guess we will leave the logic to the people getting paid the big bucks

Throwback Thursdays sounds lame. Then there are teams who don't have anything to throw back to. Or want to do it just for the sake of it.

24 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Mandating a throwback league wide would seem forced. Just like with the color rush games that used to be mandatory. And it's not like teams don't/can't both wear a throwback in a game.

Throwback Thursdays sounds lame. Then there are teams who don't have anything to throw back to. Or want to do it just for the sake of it.

If it came down to Throwback Thursdays or Color Rush…I think the winner of that poll around here would be for the classics.

Each team could have a Throwback Home & Away, double the fan jerseys to sell.  Other features could be added to the game experience and presentation too, such as throwback TV graphics, stadium graphics, end zone paint, etc.

Almost every team would have something to throw back to.  Who wouldn’t?  The Texans (which will change next year).   Ravens?  Maybe the Raiders and Panthers?   Everyone else has a look they could revert to, many have numerous, even if it’s not major (Chiefs, Steelers).

I’m just saying it would be better if both teams wore throwback uniforms in these games, instead of getting a matchup of say 80’s Eagles vs current Commanders.   You hope the Eagles will wear them vs someone like Dallas or San Francisco this year, but making it Throwback vs Throwback just eliminates bad matchup potential.  

Lots of teams are doing production shoots this week.  Chiefs and Panthers notably released social media content, with the Chiefs showing Mahomes in the new FUSE template and multiple Panthers players in the new Process Blue FUSE jerseys with modified stripe.  

The stripes are definitely thinner, and pointy on some players, while the point is truncated on others. 

Either way, I liked the old Blue better and I hate that they’re wearing Black pants with these jerseys. 

Also, it really didn’t fix the tiny TV number issues….at all.

• Like 2

The league can definitely do a league-wide throwback - hell, that’s what 1994 (and 2009 for the AFL teams) was all about, and now in the 2020s it’d be silly if teams had fauxback shells. I wouldn’t save them for only Thursdays because throwbacks look great in the sun.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

RE: THROWBACKS

To avoid games that will feature a clash of modern vs throwback uniforms, the NFL should’ve mandated a throwback look league-wide so that each team had an option to wear in these games.

For this matchup in particular, you’re going to have a 70’s-80’s look up against a current look, and it’ll be wonky; if the Lions were to wear a Throwback uniform, even if the periods didn’t exactly match, they’d at least have two old looks in the matchup, rather than a new vs old.

Imagine the Commanders facing off against the Bucs in this game, or the current Jets, Seahawks or Titans.  Now, imagine throwbacks for each of those 3 teams vs the Creamsicles.  

I believe the NFL used to do this, and they were full-on “Throwback Games”.  I wish they’d bring that back.

The Lions’ current unis aren’t super modern. If they wear silver pants it’ll look similar to the 70s and if they wear blue pants it’ll look similar to the 90s. 

6 hours ago, HOOVER said:

No.  That’s not what I’m advocating, because I’m specifically talking about Throwback alternates, not standard home & away uniforms.  I’m not sure that wasn’t clear.

When the Raiders wear their current jerseys against a team like the Jets or Seahawks, it’s mismatched eras, right?

With the Seahawks wearing throwbacks against the Browns, I’d rather have the Browns wear their current unis than wear the 1946 throwbacks with presumably a white helmet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Lots of teams are doing production shoots this week.  Chiefs and Panthers notably released social media content, with the Chiefs showing Mahomes in the new FUSE template and multiple Panthers players in the new Process Blue FUSE jerseys with modified stripe.  

The stripes are definitely thinner, and pointy on some players, while the point is truncated on others. 

Either way, I liked the old Blue better and I hate that they’re wearing Black pants with these jerseys. 

Also, it really didn’t fix the tiny TV number issues….at all.

Change the socks to blue and you’ve got something good. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1