NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The issue is presumably the white uniform is demoted to alternate. Would that mean the orange jersey is promoted to away?

Or is this a situation where the Bengals want to use the regular white uniform as both away and alternate?

I'd imagine that they could do what the Panthers have done as far as the alternate helmet goes.  Wear the current all white uniform with white helmet as your Color Rush set, but then only be able to wear white jerseys over black pants on the road since white on white would now be Color Rush.

• Like 2
SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Forcing a team to wear a separate all-white uniform instead of the primary one with the white helmet seems like a totally arbitrary place to draw the line. Seems obvious to me that if the Bengals are allowed to have a white-out look, they shouldn't be forced to wear a completely different white uniform than the one they wear most games. 

I feel like the real solution to the whole alternate helmets/alternate uniforms thing is just to put a cap on the number of different combinations a team can wear in a season. Limit teams to like four or five different uniform sets from head to toe and you probably won't have any issues. The teams that want their alternate helmets can get them, and you won't have teams going crazy with the number of mix and match options they have. Teams have to designate primary dark and light combinations and all others can be worn a max of three games like now. 

I like that idea. If you want to wear any parts of an alternate, whether as a whole set or just mix and match a jersey or helmet, it would count as one of your three alternate slots for the year. The Commanders could wear the all black set twice, and then if for some reason they wanted to pair the black helmet with the normal road set, they could do that one game to fill the third alternate slot for the year.

• Like 1
SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

57 minutes ago, Moseph said:

I'd imagine that they could do what the Panthers have done as far as the alternate helmet goes.  Wear the current all white uniform with white helmet as your Color Rush set, but then only be able to wear white jerseys over black pants on the road since white on white would now be Color Rush.

Technically they can wear orange or black sock with the all white and it wouldn’t be color rush. Maybe even just wearing the regular helmet makes it not color rush idk

• Like 5

7 hours ago, tBBP said:

Curious: what specifically about the Eagles' and Ravens' respective number fonts is/looks "dated" to you? (Anyone else can respond to this, too.)

The Ravens have the same number set, more or less, as the original Diamondbacks (98), Wizards (97), Warriors (98?), Thrashers (99), and a late '90s Atlanta Hawks redesign. Throw in the Mariners' alts, too, whatever year those were. It feels very of its time, when the best way to look current was to use a font that you'd have used in desktop publishing.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Forcing a team to wear a separate all-white uniform instead of the primary one with the white helmet seems like a totally arbitrary place to draw the line. Seems obvious to me that if the Bengals are allowed to have a white-out look, they shouldn't be forced to wear a completely different white uniform than the one they wear most games. 

I feel like the real solution to the whole alternate helmets/alternate uniforms thing is just to put a cap on the number of different combinations a team can wear in a season. Limit teams to like four or five different uniform sets from head to toe and you probably won't have any issues. The teams that want their alternate helmets can get them, and you won't have teams going crazy with the number of mix and match options they have. Teams have to designate primary dark and light combinations and all others can be worn a max of three games like now. 

This right here is the best solution. Cap the amount of combos a team can wear. Have the league and teams go over what they want to wear specifically for a season, no surprises, no nothing, you wear this and this and etc. This would fix problems like the Saints alternate helmet and eliminate stupid surprises like the Broncos wearing blue pants on the road.

Look at the 2019 Browns, they had 4 different away uniforms and 3 of them were just socks, that's actually ridiculous. Just what exactly was the Browns actual away uniform? 

And then there is the Ravens who just... I don't know.

I don't mind teams changing things up but when it's something like the old Browns or the Ravens who seem to wear 10 different things across 17 games you start to question things.

2019_Cleveland.png

2021_Baltimore.png

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Vikings WR N’Keal Harry switched from 28 to 85, but a new player is wearing 28-

A WR was wanting to wear #28?

grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If I had a nickel for every time a WR for the Vikings wanted to wear 28 this season, I'd have two nickels, yada yada yada

You'd have thought it would be an RB who would want to rock AP's old number, but nah

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

13 minutes ago, VikWings said:

The NFL needs a contrasting sock rule.

"Socks may only be the same color as pants if they include stripes, otherwise they must contrast."

There, someone go paste that into the NFL rule book somewhere.

No plain white socks (I don't care how icily clean they are), no white socks with dark jerseys. I'd throw that in there too. Never liked that about the old Pats and Eagles uniforms.

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

If I had a nickel for every time a WR for the Vikings wanted to wear 28 this season, I'd have two nickels, yada yada yada

You'd have thought it would be an RB who would want to rock AP's old number, but nah

You mean Bobby Moore's old number...the original Vikings WR to wear #28...

Ahmad-Rashad2.jpg

(Of course he later became known as Ahmad Rashad.)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And while we're discussing the Vikings, you know that nice sharp new throwback alt they just added? Well it looks like they're adding a memorial patch to that as well...

sLj6rqG.jpeg

...in honor of Bud Grant. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

And while we're discussing the Vikings, you know that nice sharp new throwback alt they just added? Well it looks like they're adding a memorial patch to that as well...

sLj6rqG.jpeg

...in honor of Bud Grant. 

A great patch; simple and straightforward just like Bud.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

No plain white socks (I don't care how icily clean they are), no white socks with dark jerseys. I'd throw that in there too. Never liked that about the old Pats and Eagles uniforms.

Yeah, I thought Matt Judon made these uniforms look better last year.

Matthew Judon was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

As a general rule, the socks should always match either the helmet or the jersey. In rare cases, they can match the jersey numbers. So, no matter what, they should match some big color block from above the waist. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

"Socks may only be the same color as pants if they include stripes, otherwise they must contrast."

This was a rule until 2019. No idea what genius came up with the idea to nullify it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, VikWings said:

This. This is it. If you look at every team's uniform combos and take out the ones where the socks match the pants, it drastically improves every set. It also cuts down on the number of combos and keeps continuity in the brand. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, sudden said:

Confirmed that Cincy’s switching their White Bengal uniforms to the primaries (regular white jersey).

https://www.bengals.com/video/white-bengal-update-kay-adams

I'm still confused about this. Is the white helmet going to be worn with the white jerseys every time, or did they just designate the white jersey/white pants as an alternate so they can break out the white helmets once in a while?

• Like 1