NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

8 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Nice highlight notwithstanding, it's going to take some time to get used to seeing the logo at midfield.

It's such an improvement but it just looks weird to me right now.

It's been 48 seasons since the Giants moved to the Meadowlands and I think 40 or 41 since the Jets moved there... that's about two full generations that haven't seen a midfield logo for either team (and probably longer, don't know if the Giants had one at the Yale Bowl or Shea or Yankee Stadium before that or if the Jets had one at Shea, and my inclination is that, no, they didn't)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

12 hours ago, JQK said:

It's been 48 seasons since the Giants moved to the Meadowlands and I think 40 or 41 since the Jets moved there... that's about two full generations that haven't seen a midfield logo for either team (and probably longer, don't know if the Giants had one at the Yale Bowl or Shea or Yankee Stadium before that or if the Jets had one at Shea, and my inclination is that, no, they didn't)

Well, the Jets did have their logo at midfield for the last two years Giants Stadium used the old AstroTurf (and apparently occasionally had their helmet at midfield their last few years at Shea).  While the Giants didn't really do the same, they did have GIANTS STADIUM beneath the shield those same years.  But yeah, it's been a while for Jets fans, and probably a first for Giants fans.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

12 hours ago, JQK said:

9 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Well, the Jets did have their logo at midfield for the last two years Giants Stadium used the old AstroTurf (and apparently occasionally had their helmet at midfield their last few years at Shea).  While the Giants didn't really do the same, they did have GIANTS STADIUM beneath the shield those same years.  But yeah, it's been a while for Jets fans, and probably a first for Giants fans.

6058059_orig.jpg

NYJ_1998-1999%5E1.png

I didn't realize it either, but the Jets had their logo at midfield in '98 and '99.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

It's a shame we're wasting such a great uniform matchup on preseason football. 

qbk0zryioptcjqbacyji.jpg

It’s also a shame I thought they were playing in the Superdome at first glance.

Indoor stadiums suck

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Since X wants to be a nuisance to everybody and not allow embedded posts,

Ravens DB Marlon Humphrey wants the gold pants back for Baltimore

https://x.com/marlon_humphrey/status/1693630810014855186?s=46&t=0jXPYtvS0Gmu8zJyrKx0hA

Maybe if they wore them with the White jerseys...

4 hours ago, Ark said:

It’s also a shame I thought they were playing in the Superdome at first glance.

Indoor stadiums suck

in terms of lighting sofi is essentially an outdoor stadium, but considering there was a whole tropical storm happening outside it looks way duller than normal

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Maybe if they wore them with the White jerseys...

This would look too much like the Steelers, who they hate. I think Humphrey is just trying to stir the pot and generate conversation in the comments. He wasn't even on the team the one game they wore them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

This would look too much like the Steelers, who they hate. I think Humphrey is just trying to stir the pot and generate conversation in the comments. He wasn't even on the team the one game they wore them.

Maybe wear them with the CR Purple jerseys? At least there’s more yellow there

• Like 1