NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

The Cowboys really need to decide if they're a royal blue or navy team. Having both would be fine, but they mix the navy on the helmet with the royal blue of the white jersey and it just looks bad

Don't see it happening as long as Jerry is around. He thinks the white jerseys are too iconic to change, but also says that navy apparel sells better. 

4 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Oh?

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

I would imagine we're only getting white pants with the navy jersey now

This is ashame cause it looks so much better with gray. And if you are gonna make this change just throw out the silver/blue pants at this point.

If they are gonna wear the silver pants with the white and continue wearing them withe the navy as well, then leaving the navy stripes makes more sense since there is navy in the helmet, there's no royal anywhere on the navy set.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

It's actually kind of pathetic that Kansas State nails the Cowboys look better than the actual Cowboys

Don't forget your power towel.

Bring it to every game.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'd always been a proponent of the Cowboys converting to navy/gray full time, but I'm starting to think that building around the royal/silver scheme could really work. Maybe find something between the saturated blue from Sunday night and the true silver, and the drop the black accents too.

Something like this could be a solid modern look.spacer.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

I'd always been a proponent of the Cowboys converting to navy/gray full time, but I'm starting to think that building around the royal/silver scheme could really work. Maybe find something between the saturated blue from Sunday night and the true silver, and the drop the black accents too.

Something like this could be a solid modern look.spacer.png

The current Cowboys white is essentially a holdover from this era where the royal blue has gotten lighter and the pants have become more blue and green over the years (They switched to a navy blue uniform because they believed the uniform shown above was bad luck in the 1980 NFCCG against the Eagles). The Cowboys have to decide whether they're a royal or navy team. 

Possible unpopular opinion? Scrap the navy, go royal blue for both jerseys. The navy jersey was never needed in the first place and was only created out of superstition (the jersey change didn't even "work" because they would end up losing an NFCCG to Washington in the new navy jerseys two years later).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I'm amazed that they've found a way to make their uniforms even worse. Imagine how bad those silver pants are going to look with the navy jerseys now.

You assume they will still wear them with the navy jerseys.  Maybe the white pants are the new primary pants for the navy jersey.

8 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

You're going to provide text to this meme, right?

Right?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 9/12/2023 at 8:29 AM, Sport said:

One thing that made the Jets throwbacks really sing last night - THEY WORE THE CORRECT SOCKS!

Class

2RT9XYR-scaled.jpg?w=956&h=538

vs. 

Ass

Zach-Wilson-New-York-Jets-Buffalo-Bills.

I forget which game was on, but I was in the kitchen and I overheard my wife saying, "What is with these players' socks? Why are they all different? It's called a UNIFORM for a reason." So yes it's sloppy as hell and it's not just us weirdos noticing.

Also, the 6XLT undershirt under the skin-tight jersey fad cannot die fast enough. There was a player on Buffalo Monday night who had his jersey rolled up halfway so everyone could see as much as possible of the bright red t-shirt covering his belly. Congratulations, pal, you made me notice you looking like crap as your team lost to the Jets with a non-quarterback.

The Cowboys' pants are Luv Ya Blue now. If Jerry thinks that looks good or traditional or both then the syphilis is really starting to take root.

• Like 7
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Also, the 6XLT undershirt under the skin-tight jersey fad cannot die fast enough. There was a player on Buffalo Monday night who had his jersey rolled up halfway so everyone could see as much as possible of the bright red t-shirt covering his belly. Congratulations, pal, you made me notice you looking like crap as your team lost to the Jets with a non-quarterback.

We're getting ever closer to the kilt/skirt being in. 

3ZTDraB.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter