NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 9/16/2023 at 3:34 PM, MCM0313 said:

They need to adopt a couple things from the throwbacks they’ll be wearing this year. Keep the current logo. Make silver the secondary color again. Keep the number font, or don’t. Bring back Kelly green, or don’t. Wear striped socks again, because they’ve shown they can’t be trusted with solid-color. Delete white pants - silver and (whichever shade of) green are only pant colors allowed. Boom, two eras merged and basic aesthetic improvements applied. 

I prefer Kelly to Midnight by far, but I think the midnight stays as long as Lurie owns the team. And I'm perfectly fine with gray/silver replacing black I just don't think thats realistic the way the black jerseys and merch sell. And also all black uniforms are cool and tough and badass and fireemoji, etc.

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

Still wondering how they decided that (A) they need a wordmark and (B) it needs to be that massive.

It doesn’t look bad at all in the photo above.  The overreaction to this wordmark is insane.  

I think it’s just because the uniform is so plain, that people just need to find SOMETHING to complain about.

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I prefer Kelly to Midnight by far, but I think the midnight stays as long as Lurie owns the team. And I'm perfectly fine with gray/silver replacing black I just don't think thats realistic the way the black jerseys and merch sell. And also all black uniforms are cool and tough and badass and fireemoji, etc.

Kelly, Black, and Silver (or White).  Simple.

10 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Kelly, Black, and Silver (or White).  Simple.

Kelly and black is Jets’ territory. Eagles should return black to its former status as a trim-only color if they refresh their look…which I doubt they’ll do anytime soon. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Kelly and black is Jets’ territory. Eagles should return black to its former status as a trim-only color if they refresh their look…which I doubt they’ll do anytime soon. 

Fair.

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

It doesn’t look bad at all in the photo above.  The overreaction to this wordmark is insane.  

I think it’s just because the uniform is so plain, that people just need to find SOMETHING to complain about.

Just because you are ok with it doesn't mean that other people are wrong with their opinions.

If it is, then your reaction to the wordmark being ok is insane (which it isn't, it's just an opinion).

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Don't like the Browns white helmet at all. The orange helmet is their whole identity, so they don't look like the Browns. If they had worn the orange helmet and orange pants, this could've been matchup of the year.

Yeah, the white helmet just looks weird to me. The uniforms themselves are good enough, but that set as a whole…meh. The orange helmet works much better for them.  

• Like 1

I don't mind the Browns uniform over all. The thing that I'm hung up on is that when your logo is your helmet, it doesn't really make sense to wear a different helmet. I understand the historical accuracy of it but a graphic like the one below should match. Come up with an actual primary logo, or don't wear an alt helmet imo

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 10
  • Dislike 2

33 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I loved the white helmet idea but was skeptical on the stripes but I liked it how it looked. I'd consider making it match the pant stripe but that's it. Gets a thumbs up from me.

16951601016043.jpg

Oh my god, I only just realized the helmet stripe doesn't match the pants stripe. How do you mess up something so simple lmao

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

51 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, the white helmet just looks weird to me. The uniforms themselves are good enough, but that set as a whole…meh. The orange helmet works much better for them.  

I thought that uniform looked really nice in the last couple of seasons with an orange helmet. I thought the white helmet would look good, it just came out looking boring on the field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Oh my god, I only just realized the helmet stripe doesn't match the pants stripe. How do you mess up something so simple lmao

spacer.png

The helmet in the original uniform didn't even have stripes. How do you mess up the striping like that?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Well it does match the orange helmet and I would argue that helmet should have a color balance that leans toward the brown rather than orange. I think it matches the jersey terrifically. Now the pants have a wider brown center stripe but then you mess with the striping proportions on the helmet compared to the non-alternate helmet and I think it's simpler just to roll with the stripes they did.

Again, I don't think they messed up at all. I thought it looked really slick.

Addendum: This swapped helmet/pant stripe deal is also found in the U.

FuMgF_jaQAE9tMZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1