NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 minute ago, AdobeDesignBG said:

That's stupid I think they should bring back the set full time.

Hope they use it the full 3, at least this year.

Even moreso with the Eagles giving the Black Alts a rest for the Randall Era Unis.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Hope they use it the full 3, at least this year.

Even moreso with the Eagles giving the Black Alts a rest for the Randall Era Unis.

spacer.png

Hear me out. The teams bring all these uniforms back but like slightly modernize them. For instance bucs move the numbers from the sleeves to shoulders and then add the logo from the helmet where the sleeve numbers were. For eagles make a black version of that jersey alongside the white and green. Stays similar but different at the same time.

18 minutes ago, AdobeDesignBG said:

Hear me out. The teams bring all these uniforms back but like slightly modernize them. For instance bucs move the numbers from the sleeves to shoulders and then add the logo from the helmet where the sleeve numbers were. For eagles make a black version of that jersey alongside the white and green. Stays similar but different at the same time.

https://imgur.com/JJcpd6m

45 minutes ago, AdobeDesignBG said:

Teams do not need encouragement to trot out BFBS crap. For Pete’s sake, the Eagles should be using silver as their secondary color, but they’re so “BLACK IS COOL AND UNIQUE WE LOOK SO COOL HURR DURR!!!!!1!!!” that they emphasize it even though it doesn’t contrast properly with their primary color.  

Sorry, nothing against your idea, just that example. I’m not opposed to the concept of a Reverse Retro-type promotion in the NFL, but I’d like it much better if teams were forbidden to use black or navy blue as the base color for their jerseys in that style. We might actually see some creative designs in distinct color schemes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

MLS was the ones that started that BS in the US. 

Major League Soccer did not grace us with The Iconic Jaws of Husky Stadium. Nike was pumping out the Nikespeak long and hard back when MLS was just slapping crests on whatever Adidas template was on offer.

• Like 6
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Major League Soccer did not grace us with The Iconic Jaws of Husky Stadium. Nike was pumping out the Nikespeak long and hard back when MLS was just slapping crests on whatever Adidas template was on offer.

You know, I'd done a pretty good job of forgetting all about that (and tangentially the 36 different justifications they came up with for putting various teams in the same color gray uniforms)...now, all that's out the window. 

Thanks a lot, Grassman26. 😎

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, AdobeDesignBG said:

Why would they put the Bucco Bruce helmet logo on the sleeves? 

Stripes on the sleeve, fine…numbers on the shoulder, ok…but there’s no reason for the logo to be on the sleeves

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

RE: MLS and early "Nikespeak"

Check out the descriptions of the original MLS team branding:

MLS at 20: Epic original branding, logos for the league's first 10 teams

So yeah, this kind of stuff has been going on for a while. But notice it's not just Nike who developed the complex descriptions.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Heh heh, he said long and hard. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, AdobeDesignBG said:

I’m with you with the Eagles, base the black off the retro template would look

way better with the black. 

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

That'd be me. What you described is why I rechristened them that going back to at least 2020 if not before. Why? Because for a good solid six or seven years that team has rewritten the book on playing up and down to competition...routinely and somehow repeatedly beating if not blowing out the top teams in the league only to then turn around and get beat if not blown out by the worst...just backwards as all get-out, hence the backwards [re]name.

Oh and it's "Snatit". 😉

I always just assumed it was due to their font serifs pointing backwards as a supposed nod to the state shape.