College Football 2023

Rixaroo

I really like Washington State’s current uniforms. They are modern but clean. Their problem is when they introduced unnecessary anthracite jerseys and helmets, mixing and matching light gray helmets with white decals and masks, and adding white helmets. Leave the colors alone and it’s a super strong look. Hope the new look cleans things up.

• Like 5

Wazzu’s big announcement was spring game unis…same unis, gray helmets for both crimson and white jerseys

Big nothingburger

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, it’s not a new uni reveal at all, just showing off the combos for the spring game. Who knows, they may update templates or have a completely new set in the fall, but this “reveal” isn’t really anything at all.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Cougs unveil new uniforms, branding, colors – WSU Insider

I still have yet to figure out what was so wrong with these, not counting the unnecessary addition of anthracite. Did they have a San Jose Sharks moment and think the shoulder insets were weighing their players down? It wasn't helping them beat UW. 

• Like 15

AmPJ0Ty.png 

https://twitter.com/cubuffsfootball/status/1648413375293009920?s=46&t=zlP6M2JYH868xIAoSnfljQ

Looks like Colorado painted the end zones black and gold.  Don't think they ever painted the end zones full colors before.  Could be just for the Spring Game on Saturday 

• Like 2

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

34 minutes ago, roxfan00 said:

https://twitter.com/cubuffsfootball/status/1648413375293009920?s=46&t=zlP6M2JYH868xIAoSnfljQ

Looks like Colorado painted the end zones black and gold.  Don't think they ever painted the end zones full colors before.  Could be just for the Spring Game on Saturday 

It’s kind of shocking in this day (from a ticket/revenue standpoint) that CU still has the “Colorado” hill past the endzone…but everyone would complain if it was removed. Just an odd quirk that it’s there because it’s seemingly always been there. 

On 4/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, WSU151 said:

It’s kind of shocking in this day (from a ticket/revenue standpoint) that CU still has the “Colorado” hill past the endzone…but everyone would complain if it was removed. Just an odd quirk that it’s there because it’s seemingly always been there. 

I always thought of the CU endzone being black and gold because of the Nerf Vortex commercial with John Elway throwing the ball that lands on the black Colorado hill. Now that I see the commercial again I realize you never actually see the endzone.

• Love 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:56 AM, WSU151 said:

Why is that hill there anyway?

16 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

Why is that hill there anyway?

From what I understand…Back in the 60s they took out the track, but they didn’t want people sitting too high over the field, especially those in the first rows of that end. So they built the hill up to reduce the height. It’s essentially a “safety measure” in case people go over the railing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Iowa State is wearing this throwback during their spring game but it sounds like it'll also be used during the season at some point as well.

I’m all for throwbacks but those don’t translate all that well. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Iowa State is wearing this throwback during their spring game but it sounds like it'll also be used during the season at some point as well.

Now THAT'S how you do a throwback. Granted, those numbers may be near-illegible unless they darken the gray some more, but for what they are...bravo 👏🏾

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looks like CU might have black satin or matte helmets with metallic gold logos (and it looks like the logo has increased in size a bit). IIRC this is the first time since 2014 they used the metallic decals on black (normally use the flat gold/tan color). Looks sharp. 

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

The numbers could use a separating outline and I would have done the chevron bars in the tan color for consistencies' sake. But that's just me. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Old baseball and hockey jerseys are charming, but man most old football uniforms are so freaking ugly

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 4/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I’m happy they’re dumping the over done flag stuff, but I wouldn’t have just gone back to the throwback uniform. It looks more like a tribute uniform than a regular look.  

They should used that uniform as the basis for something new, something that closely references that uniform but has a better color distribution and updates the clunky elements. 

Who are you and what have you done to OSV?

(I completely agree, for the record)

• LOL 1

ExJworW.png

On 4/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, WSU151 said:

Looks like CU might have black satin or matte helmets with metallic gold logos (and it looks like the logo has increased in size a bit). IIRC this is the first time since 2014 they used the metallic decals on black (normally use the flat gold/tan color). Looks sharp. 

the black helmet has been matte/satin since the redesign, and they do occasionally break out metallic logos like here

spacer.png

think they may have done a metallic version of the regular logo at some point or another but i'm not too sure. it looks great for sure

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, Webfooter said:

This would be the second iteration of that style of uniform, this being the first:

spacer.png

The new one definitely fits closer to the throwback itself, as this was in current school colors. The AMES helmet though should get more use, especially on the red helmet. Would be *chefs kiss*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

This would be the second iteration of that style of uniform, this being the first:

spacer.png

The new one definitely fits closer to the throwback itself, as this was in current school colors. The AMES helmet though should get more use, especially on the red helmet. Would be *chefs kiss*

Those were better. You can actually read the numbers. Agree on the helmet.

Side note, I really like the chevron bar patch they wear on their regular uniforms as a nod to Jack Trice and this look.

• Like 2

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.